Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pirates Of The Caribbean, The Official Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply Welcome To The Deck Luv
Davy Jones: Short End of the Stick?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KikiSpaghetti

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:41 am
I've recently seen PotC III AWE and overall, I found it quite a brilliant film. But throughout the whole thing, I noticed something....Poor Mr. Jones got the short end of the stick the whole time. Everyone blamed him for....well....pretty much everything. Has anyone else noticed this? I mean, I just feel so bad for the poor guy...He just wanted Calipso and him to live happily ever after. Does anyone else agree with this statement?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:59 am
I really don't know how such a man who loved a woman so much could turn so evil!  

amakama

Euchi101

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:20 am
amakama
I really don't know how such a man who loved a woman so much could turn so evil!

well, he wasn't really evil, davy jones was just doing his job that Calipso had told him to do... and Jack owed him his soul, so that was why he was goin' after Jack...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:52 pm
Euchi101
amakama

well, he wasn't really evil, davy jones was just doing his job that Calipso had told him to do... and Jack owed him his soul, so that was why he was goin' after Jack...

i dont think so. because Calipso slept with another man (thats what i got out of Davy and Tia's conversation and plus in the Greek mythology, Calipso sleeps w/ every man that steps foot onto her island), so Davy started to slack off on his job, which is to guide the lost souls to rest (or something of the sort), and that was why he and his crew turned all.... seacreatureish. because that was the price for slaking off. but yes. i fel bad for Davy Jones. it's all Calipso's fault!  

Itachi`s_Lost_Angel

capitain_jack _sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:30 am
callypso was really the evil person on the whole movie you could kinda tell she acted really different in the third then in the second and if she loved jones why did she hit on will  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:45 am
Itachi`s_Lost_Angel
Euchi101
amakama

i dont think so. because Calipso slept with another man (thats what i got out of Davy and Tia's conversation and plus in the Greek mythology, Calipso sleeps w/ every man that steps foot onto her island), so Davy started to slack off on his job, which is to guide the lost souls to rest (or something of the sort), and that was why he and his crew turned all.... seacreatureish. because that was the price for slaking off. but yes. i fel bad for Davy Jones. it's all Calipso's fault!

So did I. I'm pro-Jones. He didn't deserve to die.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:47 am
capitain_jack _sparrow
callypso was really the evil person on the whole movie you could kinda tell she acted really different in the third then in the second and if she loved jones why did she hit on will

"See it was a woman, as changing and harsh and untameable as the sea."
She was meant to be like the sea. Just like that. Beautiful and lovely and treacherous.
She did come off as pretty evil in P3 though.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 7:52 pm
calipso was the real villian. poor jones was just doing his job. but i do think it was cool that Will took up the job.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

Ouja Akuma

Wealthy Genius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:06 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
You better luff this art...

I agree. From the two movies that he was in, he never really had a good scene all to himself. Then poof. He's gone. I just wish the film makers put him in more scenes or something. Instead of the main character, I think he is one of those secondary ones. -_-

...Or Jack will get dressed!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:55 am
Itachi`s_Lost_Angel

i dont think so. because Calipso slept with another man (thats what i got out of Davy and Tia's conversation and plus in the Greek mythology, Calipso sleeps w/ every man that steps foot onto her island)....

I don't think she ever cheated on him, although it would certainly be in her nature. She just never showed up on the day he came back. At least that's how I saw it.  

Smelly Pirate Hooker

amakama

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:31 am
Yeah i guess when you put things in perspective Calipso was the evil one!
Actually by letting Calipso free, did she actually help the pirates?
I mean she just created a whirlpool...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:07 am
Not too sure how I feel about Jones or Calypso. Jones is cool, I'll give him that. Calypso is...creepy. But I partially blame Jones for the death of Norrington. crying because if he hadn't slacked off, Bootstrap wouldn't have become a part of the crew, and therefore, Norrington wouldn't have died.  

Luckybug76

Dapper Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cats vs Dogs 100

Loveless in the Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:50 pm
CaptianIndianaSolo
Not too sure how I feel about Jones or Calypso. Jones is cool, I'll give him that. Calypso is...creepy. But I partially blame Jones for the death of Norrington. crying because if he hadn't slacked off, Bootstrap wouldn't have become a part of the crew, and therefore, Norrington wouldn't have died.

What are you talking about?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 3:46 pm
he speaks of madness, even i, a scholar, cannot decifer his reasoning emo  

Tornadomaster_Auron

Welcome To The Deck Luv

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out