Submit

What did you think?
  Bloody brilliant!
  -Didn't like it-
View Results

M1r4-54n

Thieving Prophet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:30 am
I loved all the surprises. The way J.K. pieces together all kinds of information from ALL the other books was just amazing really.

All the deaths were so unfortunate D= Even Hedwig's! I was so SHOCKED about Fred dying. Snape I was almost sure would die, but the fact that he was actually on the good side ALL this time was somewhat comforting.

I always felt though that I was not exactly satisfied with Harry's last confrontation with Voldemort. I know that it made perfect sense and everything... But I dunno >,o.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 4:24 pm
I was getting thoroughly annoyed with the book when I thought she was just going through and killing random owls and making Snape bad. Thankfully, neither really happened.

And... yeah... I would say it was way too bloody, but I think it would have been too idealistic the other way. But Percy comes back! Most yay!

Gornwen

Harry Potter Fan Girl

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:13 pm
Well i LOVED the book it's now my fav 3nodding I'm very happy that Harry didn't die well he did but he came back to life think gosh sweatdrop but i'm very sad that Fred and Dobby died crying  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 9:21 pm
MADEYE!!!!!!!! I thought it was a very excellent book but she killed off my second favorite character. I mean I was already depressed when she killed off Sirius but....NO!!!!!!  

Dragonsage56

teh_jonnyboy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:38 pm
i could have been much better....
she was rushed so it was cut off
i heard some where that she was going to continue the series with the kids at hogwarts
so lets hope that is true
*crosses fingers*  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 10:36 am
I didnt like the fact that she killed alot of people.....and about what teh_jonnyboy. said J.K. Rowling she was going to make another book on the news that involved James, Lily, Albus, and Rose  

XxMetal_UniversexX

Lonely Genius

11,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Marathon 300

Hotohori_lover_2006

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 2:04 pm
I really liked the way that harry and ginny ended up getting back together, it was so sweet! 3nodding But I cried so hard when dobby died! crying crying But what took me most by suprise was the change in Kreacher, that was a complete transformation!  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 10:35 am
About the way she killed off everyone... me and my friend LightMousy are convinced that Jo was skulking around Mugglenet and other Harry Potter fan sites, listening to the many theories about who would get together and who would kick the bucket, and then decided she was going to incorporate as many of those theories into the book as humanly possible. That would explain why so many people died, but.. for Merlin's sake people, THIS IS WAR!!! People die in war!!! What, did you expect a bloodless victory where everyone lives happily ever after? That makes a very weak plotline for a war story (which is essentialy what DH is... a wizarding war story) and I'll be damned if Jo doesn't realize this.  

The_Violet_Insurrection

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces