Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
Which EP to choose? EDIT: Now the whole game won't work!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which?
  Pets
  Seasons
  Just... wait.
View Results

Osaka In Wonderland

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:48 am
Well somethings wrong with my open for buisness EP. although it installs well, it just won't load. I've tried uninstalling it and re-installing it, removing downloads and such, but it won't work. So my next option is to get a new expansion pack. To to be honest, I don't really care about Pets or Seasons, that's why I didn't buy them. So I need your help, just so that my sims withdrawal symptoms don't go out of control and I throw the computer out of the window. So, which one should I choose?

I don't want anything thats a bit... disturbing, I still want fairly simple gameplay without too many changes, and goof value for money and such. And I want fun!

So, should I buy pets or Seasons? Or should I just wait a while for Bon Voyage?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 9:44 am
the only EP that are the best IMO are University(mostly for the Young Adult age), Seasons, and ofcourse, the Bon Voyage one thats coming. i just got sims 2 and those are the ones im getting.  

imanormalalien

Noembelu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:08 am
I don't have any EPs, since they conflict alot with my downloads.

But, Nightlife seems really fun.

I mean, there's alot of changes, but it seems really good. You get cars, a new "downtown" neighborhood, the ability to make nightclubs, bars, etc.

Oh, and you can now make split-leveled houses.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:25 am
Okay, because I was getting withdrawal symptoms, I uninstalled OFB and decided just to play Nightlife and University. But now they won't even work! This is really annoying me now. Any advice?  

Osaka In Wonderland

Ablepsy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:06 pm
Maybe you should uninstall all of your games?
(You can save your current sims)

Then just reinstall all of them?
I've had to do that many-a-time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:25 pm
Move your EA Games folder out of your My Documents folder and place it somewhere the game can't read it. IE on your desktop.
Run your game again and see if it works. If it does then there is something in your game files that is preventing it from working. If it doesn't work then it's something to do with your installation.

I'll move this into Q&A as it has now become technical.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

OrgasmicWheatThins

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:09 pm
well when you downlad the expansion pack, you dont load that one.
you get the original disc you used before you used the expansion pack,
and then the expansions will show up.

when i tried downloading an expansion, it didnt work so i went back to the original disc, and it worked.  
Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games