Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Writing on the Wall

Back to Guilds

Are you literate? Do you write poetry, short stories, long stories, prose, roleplays. . . anything? Share your talent with the world! 

Tags: Writing, Poetry, Prose, Stories, RolePlay 

Reply The Writing on the Wall
Just Drifting (Working Title)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

_e l y d e s i a

Distinct Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:24 am
Author's Note: The idea for Just Drifting came to me when I came back from the Cemetary, just like Dora. I'm having a whole lot of fun writing it, especially when I describe the things she sees. The way she sees things is different, that's why it's difficult and fun. I like to challenge myself with this.

Description: Dora Lael is a 13 year old girl on the verge of turning 14. Her life is sorrowful, and painful, until a night where all is revealed. Everything is explained to her and her world is turned upside down. Her mind crumbles over time and new pains show themselves. Stress tops it all off leaving headaches in their wake. Only a few good things came from that one night.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:25 am
Just Drifting
Prologue

I was an ordinary adolescent girl at the verge of turning fourteen. My life wasn’t always in black and white, as others see it. This thought, brought me trouble in my younger years. But as I grew up, I found ways to cope. This does not include any bodily harm at all.

There was just one person in my life that made it worth while; two actually. They were Nao Hayama and Marin Hotaru. We three were best friends for life. We would do so much together. Let me explain how we work. Marin was always the type of person you would count on, no matter what. She was shy and careful about her actions and what reaction she would get from them. She explained it to me once; I didn’t make much of it.

Nao is a fully outgoing type of person. She is wanted by the “popular” kids at our school, but she prefers to stay with our little group. Even though all she wants is to do is be with them and popular, she’d rather stay with us “lower class” people. A true friend when you need one.

Then there’s me, Dora; a tomboy to some. Actually, I’m a split. When I’m with Nao I’m a “girly girl” but when I’m with Marin, I’m a “tomboy.” My personality mostly depends on my surroundings. And my friends know about it. I have Border Personality Disorder. And maybe some temper problems. This is what has made me made fun of, also. I hate it, I completely hate it. I wish I could just wish them away and never have them return. But besides my lust for revenge when wrongs are done, I’m a pretty nice person to get to know. About only 3 of the human race have my personality. It’s a fact; I took on a quiz once.

Well, I’m at the end of it. My name is Dora Lalani Lael, and this is my story.  

_e l y d e s i a

Distinct Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

_e l y d e s i a

Distinct Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:28 am
Just Drifting
Chapter One

I woke up this morning with a splitting headache. I knew today was going to be a horrible Sunday. The light shown through my open screen window right on top of me. I covered my face with one of my many side pillows to block out the light, but with no avail. “Dora! Wake up, time to get ready! We’re going to the cemetery in half an hour! So get dressed!” I groaned as I sat up, my right hand holding my head.

All I wanted to do was just lay down and sleep. What else does anyone think on a Sunday morning? “Dad! I have a headache!” It was very hard to even manage a shout without me whimpering in pain. I wasn’t good with headaches. I often had them, especially during the warm months. I guess it’s the heat that does me in.

But I clearly remember one November afternoon when I had the worst of all headaches. I had to be sent home two hours before school ended, and I actually cried. It takes a lot to make me cry that hard.

I got out of bed slowly and dressed myself, knowing that my father would be up to my room soon to knock on my door again if I wasn’t out and ready. I packed my small side bag and left my room for the washroom. “Pardon,” I said out of habit. First, I opened the medicine cabinet and took out an Advil. I popped one in my mouth quickly then gulped down a large amount of water.

I didn’t want breakfast today. I’d just make me feel sick. Eating after taking medicine always gave me a “steel stomach.” Which was what I call it when your stomach feels all metallic. And most times when I’ve felt that I’ve thrown up not too long after.

“Please, Dora. Help me carry these to the car. Your father will be waiting for us. I’ll lock up,” my mother said as I entered the kitchen. I nod and take a box outside to the car.

Today was certainly a weird day. Half the sky was clear and the other hazy. As I neared the car it started to rain, but when I got in the car and look out the window I saw no rainbow. A giant gust of wind almost blew my mothers dress up. We’ve experienced almost every type of weather today, already. At least, the type you would normally in April.

As we drove to the cemetery I couldn’t help but look out the window. I enjoy seeing other people’s lives going on at the same time as mine did. It made me feel, special, and not alone. But today, there was something special about today, so I was on the lookout for weird, odd, or just plainly special people. Maybe some odd situations as well. I had a keen eye that I don’t use often, that made it dull. When we stopped at a red light in the bad part of town I looked out the windows all around the car to see anything that looked out of the ordinary.

I slouched in my seat and stopped looking out the windows when I saw there was nothing to really look out at. But then I overheard an argument. And I’m pretty sure my parents heard it as well. Truly, I think the whole block heard it. After all, it was loud. First there was a loud bang, like a gun firing. Then a few shouts and retorts. I looked to my left, there was an alleyway. And in the alleyway there were five people. Four were upright, and one was on the ground.

I heard my father curse under his breath as he turned his attention forwards. The lights had gone haywire. It was constantly red for both sides. I didn’t bother to watch that situation as I looked back to the alleyway. Three of the four earlier start to run away. The fourth, a female, just stood there looking at the body on the ground. It didn’t take much thought to know that the person on the ground was dead. After a sound like that, what else could it have been other than a gun?

I shook my head to try and get away from the thought. I kept trying to make my mind think about what to wish for at the ceremony. But then my thoughts strayed to where I would be doing it, at the cemetery. Where there are dead people all around. Dead like the person not too far off. Dead, like everyone on this earth was soon to be.

What the hell is wrong with me?! To think like this? To make connections like that?! I shake my head more fiercely and my headache comes back. I groan and slouch in my seat. “What’s wrong, Sweetie?”

“Nothing really, mom. My headache came back.” She turned around to face me with a concerned, worried, face.

“Came back? You had it earlier? When?”

“When I woke up. I didn’t want to go but dad made me go. So I took an Advil and left.” I moaned and laid down in the back seats as my headache worsened. “What happened to make it come back?”

My mother turned forwards again and whispered something to my dad. He nodded and my mother spoke first. “We’re dropping you off at Marin’s place. You can go next year or something.”

I shook my head lightly, but it still hurt. “No, Mom. I don’t want to go there. I would very much want to go to the cemetery.” Truth be told, I just wanted to get my wish. Every year after this ceremony, one of our family members that came had their wish come true within the month. Maybe, just maybe, this year it would be me.

She sighed. “Fine, but don’t blame me if your headache gets worse.” I felt the car start to move, it was in intervals of going forwards and sudden stops. This, too, made my head hurt more than it needed to be. I closed my eyes and tried to block out the pain, the noise all around me, the sirens that could now be heard far off growing in sound. All these things, the sounds, would make my headache worse. I knew that, my parents knew that. Even my friends tried not to do anything loud or lively when I had a headache.

I had a tendency to anger easily when I was in pain. And when I had a headache, it would only be damned on either end of the pole; my head would get worse and they’d end up all broken and hurt.

My anger was rising when the sirens were so close, I could feel the sound racking at my brain. I could almost feel my head throbbing, this had to stop. My anger was rising and I swear, if my parents weren’t around I would have grabbed the driver of that ambulance, thrown him out of the truck and shut it off myself.

But just then it stopped. It wasn’t that I just couldn’t hear the sirens, I couldn’t hear anything. Nothing at all. I soon found myself in an alleyway, much like the one where that argument, err, situation went on. I heard some shouts, then a loud noise like a gun firing. “Again?” I thought aloud. I turned my head to where the sound came from and saw four bodies standing, and one on the ground. Some more shouts and retorts. Then they ran. Except the girl, the girl just stood there staring at the one body the ground.

“How could they hurt her? She was just thirteen of years. Poor Jane.” I now stared at that girl, awestruck. Did she say that dead girl was only thirteen?

“Only thirteen,” I repeated as I looked down at my feet. Then this feeling of someone watching me came over without a doubt. I looked up at the girl, she was staring at me with pained eyes.

“I’m sorry, Miss. But we haven’t had the proper of meeting. My name is Bambie Bathazar. The one who lays at my feet is, err, was Jane Rae. I am seventeen, Jane was thirteen. I am sorry you had to see that.” I just stared at her as she spoke, not wanting to spoil anything. “Now, if you excuse me, I must leave and catch up with Eru and Lattimer before they get too far ahead.” She bent down and ripped something off of Jane’s clothing. I got a glimpse of it when she put it in her pocket; it was a badge shaped like a wing with lighting going through it. And it seemed to glow.

Before I had anything to say, she ran off. Faster than I saw anyone else do before. It somewhat reminded of that day me and Jessica ran in the halls chasing Damian.

Suddenly a feeling overtook me and everything became blurred and hazy. “What’s going on?! What happened? Where did you run to, Bambie?!” Then I couldn’t help but call out the dead girls name, “Jane!”

I sat up in a flash. Droplets of cold sweat came down my face as I breathed heavily. What had happened? I thought to myself, then something occurred to me; my head didn’t hurt anymore. So I didn’t have a headache, that was the best thing that had happened to me since I woke up this morning.

I heard some talking then a knock on the window. I turned my head to the other side of the car and saw my cousin, Alec, standing outside. I opened the window and stuck my head out. “What is it, Alec? What do you want?”

“It’s your turn. Come on, get out and make your wish.” I froze. My wish? It was my turn? I hadn’t had time to contemplate what I wanted yet. I sighed heavily and stepped out of the car then walked to the graves of my great-grandparents.

I bowed three times and made my wish. And since I had not come up with a new one this year, I thought about the same one I had made last year. I wished that I would have a life that was special and only to selected people. Only to the few that were able to live it correctly.

But of course, this was thought of before I had been diagnosed with my disorder. So technically, I was already living an odd, special life. Just not the way I wanted.

I bent down and first poured half the tea, then half the water. I stood up properly and went back to the car. I just sat there until it was time to leave; which wasn’t until another hour had passed.

My dad started the car and my mom got in. We drove home in silence. I really wanted to talk about what had happened earlier today at the stop light. Or about the dream I had. But I couldn’t.

When I arrived home I switched on the lights in the living room, shook off my shoes then ran up the stairs to my room. I plopped myself down on my bed, heaving a great sigh as I did so. I felt to exhausted and I didn’t know why. Maybe the effects of what happened today was too much? Impossible! My body and mind has gone through much worse.

Then suddenly my mood changes. I turn from tired and drowsy to hyper and bored. I decided to calm myself down with a book. Since it was around two in the afternoon, I figured a nice story would calm me down and maybe even give me a few ideas of my own. Since everything only starts with the two words “What If…”

I shuffle over to my bookshelf and take out a book, any book, it didn’t matter at the time. I looked along the cover and spine to notice it was Anansta by Kaine Berta. I sat in my swivel chair and spun a few times before opening the book and reading. I had already read this book a few times and it really was a bore. Nothing too flashy and exciting, it was filed under the grand Romance as its main Genre, what was I to expect?

I slowly started to feel tired again. I set the book down on my desk and laid down on my bed. I pulled the thin summer sheet over myself and just laid there like an idiot. I wasn’t tired enough to go to sleep just yet, yet too much to sit upright. What was wrong with me and these middle-neither-side things I have? And why in the world have I just noticed them now?

But another mood change came over me and a new burst of drowsiness came over me. I gave in humbly and closed my eyes to fall to sleep.

I had no dream. At least, what a dream usually is. It was not that I closed my eyes then opened them to see morning. No. This was different. I had a dream, but it was nothing. Absolutely nothing. Just little ol’ me floating in midair in nothing but blackness. It was eerie because I had no senses other than maybe shady sight. It made me think that I really was somewhere but just couldn’t sense it, is all. Maybe I was back with Bambie? No. No, no, no. Why was I to be cursed to think like this? No!

I jolted upright in my bed. It was dark, both in my room and out. I let out a sigh of relief to actually know I was in my room thanks to my window blinds being open and thus being able to see outside at the vast town beneath me. Then a bright flash caught my eye. If I had not a keen eye I would’ve missed it. But no, I saw it. What was it? It must be a stupid crow or raven carrying something shiny in its beak. It simply must’ve. What could it have otherwise been? Really.

It flashed again. Longer, brighter, and slightly larger. I blinked a few times. Then I saw a large humanly shaped black shadow jump from house to house until it reached my neighbors roof. My room was the attic room and thus I could see over many things, as did help our house being one of the tallest in our neighborhood. The humanly shadow just squatted down on the roof, seemingly never moving. I then noticed a shiny badge on the shin part of the shadow-bearer’s left pant leg. What shocked me the most so far was that it was shaped like a wing with lightning going through it, and it seemed to glow. It was the exact same badge that was ripped off of Jane in my dream. So does that mean I’m dreaming? Or was my dream real? I was so confused I thought I would just plop back down in my bed from the dizziness.

The shape moved towards my window. No, it jumped towards my window. I rushed back and fell off my bed; the window was right next to my bed so that meant the person went from very far to very, very close.

“Dora Lael?” The figure whispered quietly. The voice seemed to belong to a male. “Dora, is it really you? Dollie?”

I froze. Dollie was my nickname that only Marin and Nao knew. Only they were aloud to call me that, all others were beaten to a pulp. Adam had to learn that the hard way.

My disorder kicked in, turning my frightened state to a forward one. I stood up from the floor and sat cross legged on my bed. “Who are you? Who gave you permission to call me Dollie? And what the hell are you doing outside my god damn window?”

He sighed, seemingly of relief. “At least you aren’t chopping off my head for it,” he said dully.

“What do you mean? And who are you?”

“Ah. Where are my manners, Dollie? My name is Lattimer Dita of the L quarters of METAL. I am a WING’ed METAL.” I started blankly at him, all my assertiveness changed to boredom.

“That doesn’t explain why you’re outside my window late at night.” I started to glare at him, my boredom ever so slowly turning into anger.

“Yes, yes, Dollie. Wing sent me to you. Well, all of the Winged did, actually. They thought I was best for the job, hah. Bunch of dumbasses if they thought a job like this I could handle alone.” His sudden turn of words tingled me. What job? Alone? He couldn’t handle? What the hell was going on?

“Please explain more to me, Lattimer. What the hell is going on here? What is it that you can’t handle? And stop calling me ‘Dollie.’ Only my dearest friends call me that.”

“Your closest friends and the people who know your true meaning, Dollie. Now please, you must come with me. I must take you to meet with Wing.” He immediately started for the screen on my window and just pulled it off without any trouble. Which really, truly amazed me since it took the effort of my father and uncle to put it in there. He outstretched his left hand for mine then whispered, “You must come quick. For the DarkBringer shall come for you soon. Since we’ve sensed you, so have they. Maybe if we’re lucky, it’ll be a NightBringer instead of a DarkBringer.” What’s the difference? They sound like the same thing since they both seem to have something related to dark evil things.

“What in bloody ‘ell are you talking ‘bout?” I let myself slur words and he just shook his head at my stubbornness of trust.

“Just come with me before we die.” He seemed very agitated about the matter. And at the mention of death, I didn’t even flinch. Death does not matter to me much. It does not fear me like it does the other girls my age and maybe older. It doesn’t faze me, I have to let him know.

“Death doesn’t scare me,” I said flatly.

He heaved a great sigh and grabbed my arms and pulled me through the window then set me down on the roof. “Excuse me, Dollie. Don’t behead me for my rudeness, just yet. Death affects me as much as it effects you, Dollie. Now let’s get a move on!” He practically shouted.

I stomped my feet on the roof. “I demand answers. Now.”

He groaned in irritation. Seemed to me like he finally gave up, he was going to give me answers. I knew I could always be annoying when I wanted, along with being as stubborn as a mule. But instead of coming back to answer me, he picked me up bridal style and jumped from house to house through the darkness.”Set me down! Set me down now, Lattimer! Now!”

He grinned, almost smirked. “It seems to me now that you’ve lost your touch, Dollie. You would’ve normally beheaded me by now if you knew how. But you don’t. And it doesn’t seem like you can Spedal yet, either. Just let me carry you until we reach Wing Corp base. Alright, Dollie? Err, now that I know you’re useless, Dora.”

“Hey! I’m not useless! Nor worthless, so don’t you dare utter that word from your mouth.” He made a light chortle. Then I heard it. A horrible wailing sound. I covered my ears and Lattimer stopped jumping. His face was stricken with fear and surprise.

“Too late. We must fight, Dora,” he whispered in my ear as he set me down.

“Fight? How can I fight? I don’t know anything! I’m just thirteen for goodness sake! How can you just tell a fresh teen to fight?!”

“Shut up, Dora! The more you anger, the more energy you’ll emit, and the more it’ll be drawn to us.”

“But what is it exactly?!”

Then, as if to answer my question, something gigantic, black, and just horrid came out of the nearby water body that was the ‘Port’ part of “Port Coquitlam.” I felt my eyes draw wide and I grabbed onto Lattimer’s left sleeve for comfort. Yeah, right. Like that’s going to help from this morbid sight. “Lattimer… is that a DarkBringer?” I asked, my voice nothing over a whisper.

“Yes. Gruesome, isn’t it? Told you our eyes’d be better off with a NightBringer, breathtakingly beautiful. Now be careful and calm yourself down. It’s been in tuned into your energy level. Let us hope mine morphs yours. Since you’re still dormant, it’ll be weak. Now calm down, and get behind me just in case.” I obeyed, not wanting to argue anymore. I was in fear of my life. Not because of the fact of dying, oh heavens no! But of the fact of all the people I’d be leaving behind and all the people that’d be sad if I left. It made me sad.

Lattimer started taking slow steps back, causing me to step back, also. The DarkBringer rose completely out of the water and I saw useless appendages dangle from its belly and sides. It was all black and seemed to reek of evil. There was what seemed to be dark goo oozing out of its pores, if that’s what it was. I made a shallow gasp and took a rapid step back. But there was no more roof to step on so I started to fall back. I screamed. I screamed as loudly as I could possibly do. Lattimer whirled around and grabbed my hand just fast enough to stop be from falling all the way; I was dangling dangerously along the side of the house we were on.

When my scream ended—which was when Lattimer caught me—the DarkBringer swerved its dark and evil head towards us. I saw its red beady eyes fall upon me. It had found us. “Keep quiet! They may be almost blind, but they have an excellent hearing, smell, and energy sensory. Just shut up, and let me pull you up.” I pursed my lips and let him pull me up, helping him by grasping the edge and pulling on it. Lattimer was very strong; I noticed this as he pulled me up with ease. And I didn’t think he really needed my help.

“So, you don’t want to fight? I presume.” He looked at me coldly as he kept a firm hold on my arm.

“You’re kidding, right? Give me one good reason why I should fight this creature directly from hell.”

“Me.”

“You’ve got me there. But no, I don’t want to fight. Although I may have to in order to protect you…” He trailed off, thinking of other things. But he turned to the DarkBringer—which was now starting to come closer ever so slowly—then to me. “Maybe I can call back up?” Without a chance for me to reply he had a sort of gadget out and spoke into it. “MudClump,” was all he said before picking me up again bridal style and resumed jumping from house to house towards the forest.

“What does MudClump mean?” I inquired. I asked before I actually gave it some thought. It must mean that there’s trouble or something else just as important.

“You’ll learn that in training. But for now, it’s a word that saves your life.” As he made an extra high jump into the forest I couldn’t help but make a small squeak. And just like that the DarkBringer was upon us. It only took a matter of moments for that thing to get from the lake to here; it was very fast indeed.

“Lattimer,” I breathed as I saw the giant beast over top of us. But before anything else happened there were black blurs that came out of no where and attacked the DarkBringer, causing it to recoil away from us. Then he took one giant leap from a tree and we landed on the forest floor, the trees hiding us from sight of the DarkBringer.

“Follow me. We must reach Wing Corp soon before E Quarters get’s tired. Which will be soon, Dora.” He set me down and started walking deeper into the forest. But I couldn’t follow; I wouldn’t follow.

“No. I need more information before going any further. I demand it.” Not only did I needed it, or demand it, I wanted it.

He stopped and turned around to face me. His face was plain, no emotion was shown. “At first I thought this task was easy, yet dangerous. Getting a young Gift of God—no, young girl—from her home and bring her to the Wing Corp main base, whilst being aware and careful as not to catch a DarkBringer. At first I needed you, I thought you were easy to recover. But now I see you’re as stubborn as a mule. I will take no heed as to be nice to you any longer as you can do nothing of sort to harm me. If you wish to stay out here, in the dark, when E retreats, when the DarkBringer is still out there looking for you, while you’re a far ways away from your home, then fine by me. I don’t care anymore. Do what you wish.” With that statement said he turned back around and started trudging through the forest darkly.

That b*****d. As much as I hated him, I needed him. I didn’t want to stay out here by myself while that DarkBringer was out to get me. Normally, I would be freaking out at this situation. But I have a choice. I can try to go back to my house, with the chance of dying. I can make it to my house safely and continue living a life, but forever have this memory and be frightened. Or, I can follow Lattimer through this thick forest to this Wing Corp thing and be safe. At least, I think it’s safe. Since he said he’d fight to protect me, and that he’d been told to “retrieve” me. They want to keep me alive.

So what else am I supposed to choose? Life? Death? Fear? I chose life. “Lattimer! Wait up!” I run after him and grab onto his arm for comfort, afraid this “E Quarters” thing would tire out soon and the DarkBringer would be after us. I actually thought he would still be angry with me and push me away or something, but instead he acknowledged my action and put his other hand on my grasp that was clutching his arm.

“Life?” he whispered questionably. It was as if he had read my mind or something similar. I felt slight shock, but couldn’t let him see it so I kept my facial expression filled with fear, worry, and confusion. He chuckled lightly at my effort.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:33 am
Just Drifting by Cecilia Cromwell
Chapter Two

When we reached and crossed a road, Lattimer seemed to ease up a little. He let go of my arm but I kept holding on to his for comfort. As we entered another thick wall of trees I felt my stomach tighten and I grip his arm tighter. Soon I started to feel a bit queasy and faint. I was reluctant to tell Lattimer of how I felt, but I knew I must.

“Lattimer, I don’t feel so well.” Then a wave of uneasiness came over me and I collapsed on the ground. Lattimer was bent down and at my side within seconds.

“It’s probably just your energy coming back. Dollie, you’re awakening. Come now, we must get to WingCorp soon or else you’re going to fully awaken. Without the proper conditions the whole of Port Coquitlam will be wiped out.” He lifted me bridal style again and carried me through the forest. I couldn’t help but cling to him as a very painful headache came over me. My head was throbbing and my temper was too. But nothing around me could’ve caused this headache other than stress. Yes, yes. Stress was the only thing that could’ve caused it now.

Then I heard the wailing sound again. It was the DarkBringer. The E Quarters thing must’ve tired by now. “s**t. E Quarters has returned to base already? This DarkBringer must be strong!” Lattimer started running very fast deeper and deeper into the forest until we reached a clearing. It looked quite like a construction site except that there were no giant machines. The pain in my head started to move throughout my body fast and I gasped as it reached my stomach. I felt it lurch. I winced in pain and I grasped Lattimer’s clothes tighter.

“Explain yourself!” I shouted. I felt something dark fly overhead of us, and soon I felt heat, anger, pain, energy, power, confusion, and frustration overcome me.

“Please, Dora. Just wait! We just need to make it to that shack over there and we’re home free!” Lattimer’s voice was filled with a sort of twisted joy.

“I’m not Dora! My name is Dollie!” I didn’t know why I said that, I knew my name was Dora. Then everything went blank. I wasn’t in pain anymore. I wasn’t angry anymore. I wasn’t confused either. I felt nothing other than sorrow and sadness. I felt like I wanted to cause suffering for my feeling. Although I couldn’t quite see anything, everything was in a blur of black. I couldn’t hear anything other than a distinct voice calling.

The voice sounded familiar and comforting. But the voice only sounded like it was saying a slur of words. Only once I focused on it could I tell what it was saying. “Dollie! No! What are you doing?! Not yet! This will come to them as acknowledgment that you’ve awakened!” I then felt dirty. Like I’d done some immoral deed that could not be erased from me.

I felt the black fog clear from my mind and things started to clear, as well. I saw there was black goo all over the clearing. I myself was covered in it. And there, right in front of me was the DarkBringer, just laying there on the ground not moving. I felt afraid. “Dollie…” I turned around quickly and saw Lattimer behind me, still at the edge of the forest; his face was full of fear, worry, and concern.

Then the confusion and fear hit me like a truck. I felt full force of the emotions. But fear was the dominant one and tears started to run down my face. I ran at full force to Lattimer, crying into him when I’d reached him. “What happened?! Lattimer speak! What happened?!” I cried, trying to calm myself. But nothing seemed to make sense. Then he put his arms around my back for comfort.

“Dollie. You’ve arrived,” he whispered very quietly.

“What does that mean, Lattimer?” I asked as I looked up at him, my face tear stained.

Just then the shack opened and two people rushed out and towards us. I noticed this out of the corner of my eye. “Lattimer! What happened here?! Who in their right minds brought down a DarkBringer? Who of this power?” The voice that spoke was a male one.

“Eru. Dollie. It was Dollie who did this, Eru. She awoke and brought down that DarkBringer in a matter of seconds. A powerful one, she is.”

“Ah. So this is Dollie? So young. A fresh teen, no?” The one named Eru turned to the other person. “Bambie. Contact AIR and THUNDER. Tell them to clean up this mess.” That name triggered something in my mind.

“Bambie…Bambie Bathazar?” I said, my voice hardly over a whisper. Lattimer let me go and held me an arms length away.

“How did you know?” he asked.

“I met her before…in the alley way. Poor Jane…” It hurt a little to recall the sight of the dead girl on the pavement. She was my age, and yet she died? Why? And by who?

Eru stared at me then turned his attention to Bambie. “Bambie, is this the girl you met in the alley way? Is she the one who materialized?”

Bambie nodded her head. “Yes, Eru. She is. I only should’ve guessed she’d be one of the Gifts of God if she did what she did.” Then she smiled weakly and ran off back to the shack.

“What happened?” I asked faintly. Eru and Lattimer stared at me like an idiot. I looked around me for a moment and tried to piece everything together. “I did this? Did I kill the DarkBringer?”

“Yes, Dollie. You did. It was a very morbid sight, to watch you rip it apart like that. I never knew angels could be so violent or dark.” Lattimer’s stare turned into a worried one.

Then Eru cut in. “Remember, Lats. She’s one of the Gifts of God. They are Hidden Angels of Suffering, able to ‘sleep’ for long periods of time until awaken. And once they are, nothing will stop then from completing the task set in their brains. They're often referred to as ‘Fallen Angels.’” Lattimer nodded. I still felt confused. None of this made sense.

“What am I? A ‘Gift of God’? What is it?”

“A Gift of God is one of the six Hidden Angels of Suffering that were sent down to earth seven years ago,” Eru filled in. He looked concerned, and it showed in his voice. “Now let’s return to base. I’m very sure the DarkOnes have noticed the DarkBringer’s energy is gone and will send more soon.” He made a slight gesture to the shack.

“But, it’s so small. How can it be a base?” No one answered me. I was getting kind of used to being ignored. Lattimer grasped onto my shoulders and started ushering me to the shack. Eru followed shortly afterwards. He closed the door and everything went black. Then I noticed the floor we were standing on wasn’t dirt or wood. It sounded and felt like a metal of sorts.

“SeasonedWings,” I heard Eru say. And then the floor started to move downwards. I felt like I was in an elevator, and I’m pretty sure I was. After a few minuets the elevator stopped moving and the doors opened to a gigantic “Office Building” type of place. Everything was white and glass. There were people everywhere, but not so much that it looked crowded.

“What does SeasonedWings mean?” I asked.

Eru looked down on me. “You’ll learn that in training. For now, it’s a word that lets you enter WingCorp.” I felt small, useless, fragile, and stupid. Here everyone knew what was going on. And here I was, a fresh teen who doesn’t even get smart grades in school, entering this weird business type place. What was going on here?

Everyone we passed addressed me as “Dollie,” and I was getting quite sick of it. If everyone knew my name, why didn’t they bother to call me by it?

Then a memory came back to me. It was a supposed story, err, myth or legend about the Twelve Gifts of Devil and the Six Gifts of God. It was said that in the year 2000, the millennium year, Satan sent Twelve Winged Demons to earth in Australia to destroy Earth in eight years time. But little did he know, God sent Six Hidden Angels of Suffering later on that same year. The reason being why God sent only half the amount of Angels as Demons was to prove that Good was stronger, and more powerful than Evil. And sure enough, its 2007, seven years have already passed. Next year is the year that Earth is supposed to be either destroyed or saved.

“Where are you taking me?” I enquire as Lattimer and Eru walk me down a different blindingly white hallway to a fogged glass door. On the door in black was the name, “Wing Yun Man.”

Eru walked ahead and knocked on the door. “Director Wing. We have retrieved the Gift of God you have specified.” The door opened and Eru walked in, followed by Lattimer pushing me in.

A young looking woman sat at her fogged glass desk in her white leather swirly chair. She had black shoulder length hair that seemed to thin as it ended. Her pale skin was perfect and looked smooth. The clothing she wore reminded me of the Victorian times, or the Edwardian times with an Asian-Modern twist to it. She wore a crown-like headdress and some jewelry. She looked nothing over the age of Twenty-Five.

“Good Morning, as it is early morn. Captain Kurosaki and Captain Dita, I see you have brought back Type D; Dollie. Now known as Dora Lalani Lael.” How did she know my name? I guess these guys are stalkers of a sort. Wing sighed deeply. “At least you brought her back, and didn’t let her succumb to the DarkOnes.”

“Yes, Director. Now what do you suppose we do with her?” Eru asked.

Wing closed her eyes and seemed to be in deep thought. “Let’s put her in light training. Then she’ll go with your team, since we lost Miss Rae yesterday.” Training? But I have school to go to. They can’t take me away from that.

I perked up. “I have school today! I can’t skip out! Plus, my parents drive me, so they’ll be expecting me to come out of my room at six twenty-five.”

“Oh, don’t worry, Dollie. You’ll be home soon,” Wing said calmly.

“But…What about my sleep? I’d only have a few hours of it. My friends are sure to notice the giant bags under my eyes!” I practically shouted. My temper could never be controlled.

Wing sighed and Lattimer’s grip on my shoulders tightened. “Director, make no effort. We will take care of this matter during training. Shall we start now? If so, I’ll need her training papers.” Winged nodded and gave Eru the papers he asked for. “Thank you, Director.” He bowed and motioned me towards the door. I didn’t really have a choice as Lattimer dragged me out. When Eru shut the door Lattimer hastily let go of my shoulders. Eru grabbed them now, forcing me to face him.

“You do not raise your voice at the Director! She’s head of this operation, so if it wasn’t for her you’d still be out there in the world with no idea of what you were! You would be killed!” He shook me as he spoke to make his message go across clearly.

“Hey, Eru. Maybe you shouldn’t be so rough on her. I mean, after we train her, she’d have the ability to kill you,” Lattimer cut in. Eru let go of me and sighed deeply.

“Fine.” He rolled his eyes slightly. “Lats, we’d better start her training soon. Don’t want her asking us questions again. No time for twenty questions.” He then walked off back down the hallway to the main one. “Coming?” Lattimer patted my back for comfort and I nodded. I followed Eru down the main hallway with Lattimer behind me. I really didn’t know where they were taking me. But as long as I got answers, I didn’t really care as much.

We reached another fogged glass door that read, “Dollie.” Me? Why me? Eru opened it and inside was a full bedroom with a bed, desk, a shelf, a bedside table, a clock, a TV screen, telephone, computer, and a lamp next to the bed. “Dollie, this is your room while you’re here. Your training room is across the hall, so when we call you report there,” Eru explained.

“Yes. Now here, take this. You’ll need it for communication, as well as for us to track you.” Lattimer shoved a small gadget into my hand. It looked exactly like the one he had earlier. “Now remember these code words. MudClump for when you’re in danger and want protection. SeasonedWings for when you’re in the shack and want to enter WingCorp. SundayBear for when you want me and MondayTiger for Eru. SummerDeer for Bambie. DarkOnes for whenever you see a skeleton with a girl. DarkSnape for any other evil creature. Understand?” I nod my head slowly, trying to digest that all at once.

“Good. Now stay in here while we set up the training room.” They left soon after that. I just stood there in the middle of the room. Well, at least I wasn’t tired yet. I knew I would be soon, according as it’s early in the morning. I looked at the clock on the wall and saw it was four sixteen in the morning. I was due to wake up in two hours. I groan in irritation as I fall freely onto the bed. Why and how was all this happening? I still didn’t understand it, so I went over the Twelve Demon Six Angel Myth again in my head. I always knew that thing didn’t sound like a story. I just never knew it was true or involved me.

If it was true, and what these guys are saying is true, then that means I’m one of the Six Hidden Angels of Suffering; means that I’m an angel of god. But this can’t be right! I’ve got a disorder, angels aren’t supposed to have disorders; they’re supposed to be perfect! I’m not perfect. I’m the almost total opposite. If I knew that myth was true, I’d actually give thought that I’d be a Demon rather than one of the Angels. Truly.

Then the phone rang. I rushed up and picked up the receiver. “Hello?”

“Alright, Rule number one; never just pick up the phone and ask ‘Hello?’ Answer ‘Yes? Dollie speaking.’ Then wait for a reply.” The voice sounded like Eru.

I swallowed. “Why must I answer like that?”

“Because it’s more proper than just ‘Hello?’ You don’t have to do it at home, just while you’re here. Which will be often, now. And be prepared to lie to your parents. And try to get your friends to lie to them too. You’re going to go away often on long trips.”

“Lie to my parents? I do that all the time! I’m really no angel, Eru. Just a human girl. And if not that, then a demon.”

“Ah. You’re no demon, and no human girl. Lattimer saw your performance, and we know what the demons look like; we have one amidst us, Dollie. Now report to your training room immediately. By the way, it’s DollieParker.” He hung up the phone right after he finished. Was that an order? Earlier Wing addressed him as “Captain Kurosaki,” so does that mean he’s a captain? It’s severely obvious now that his last name’s Kurosaki. And what’s with the “DollieParker” thing?

I walked over to the door and out of the room, closing and locking it. I knocked on the door across the hallway. “Yes? Password please.”

I racked my brain for what the password was, and then it hit me. “DollieParker,” I said confidently. That must be what Eru meant, the password.

The door opened to reveal a pure white room with Eru, Lattimer and Bambie standing in the middle of it. “Hello,” I said shyly.

“Good morning, Miss Parker. How are you today?” I jumped and turned to my right to see a girl with blue eyes, blue hair pulled up into two pony tails at either side of her head, and wearing a blue maid’s outfit.

What was a young girl doing here? “H-hello. Good morning, you too. I am fine, you?” I asked politely.

She bowed. “I am fine, Miss Parker. Thank you for asking.”

I heard a cough and then I remembered the other three in the room. I turned to face them with a slight blush on my face from embarrassment. “Um, hello?”

“Yes, well. Good morning, Parker. Time to start your training,” Eru said. I could tell by now that he was the leader type.

“We’ll start with your knowledge, yes?” Bambie asked nicely. She seemed like a very nice person by now.

I nod slowly. “Alright, then.”

“We’ll start with that MaidMachine to your right. Her type is ZeroThree. But everyone calls her Akira. She’s basically a robot maid that has emotions and does what you tell her to do.” Lattimer motioned to Akira and she bowed again to me. “Akira, please get Parker a chair to sit on.”

Just like that Akira was off through the door and back within seconds with a chair in hand. “Here you go, Miss Parker.” I thanked her and sat down in it. Then she pushed me towards the center of the room where she got chairs for the others and they sat down, as well.

“From now on, your name will be Dollie Parker. On our missions, that will be your name. You are Lattimer’s little sister. Bambi and I are a couple. Jane was supposed to be my little sister. Our missions can be from only a few hours to as long as a few months. You have to be able to handle that. You have to be able to hide and lie to your parents and friends. You have to make sure your friends lie for you to your parents and school staff.” I’m going to be Lattimer’s younger sister? I guess we’d have to get to know each other a bit more then, don’t want to screw things up while on missions.

“Basically, your friends are the ones covering for you. AIR will take care of everything else.” Eru glared at Lattimer for budding in. Bambie sighed deeply. Seems to me that every gets a long just fine. I giggled at the thought.

“What is so amusing?” Eru snapped.

“Nothing, really. Just continue on with the explaining. Um…please explain the fact of me not needing sleep, please.” No sleep? I don’t understand how anyone can survive without any sleep. Not even a fallen angel like me. I can’t see that happening.

“Ah, yes. Well, since now you’ve awakened, you just don’t need sleep. Not sleep in the form of sleep, at least. Only for resting reasons. This means you can stay awake for multiple days without sleep. Do not worry, everything will be taken care of.” Gee, well that surely clears things up. I’ll only need rest and not sleep. I take them as completely different things and yet they treat them as similar.

I’d better get going soon. My parents will be expecting me.

“What time is it?”

“Five ‘o three in the morning. You’ll be leaving soon; around twelve minuets,” Bambie answered.

“Thank you.” She really was kind. The only actually kind and caring person in this little group. There was a knock on the door and Akira answered it to reveal a blond girl with long hair wearing a black leather outfit and a black ribbon in her hair.

“Good Morning Miss Fable. What may I do for you this early morn?” Akira asked.

“I would like to speak with Captain Kurosaki and Captain Dita, please Akira.”

“Yes, at once.” Akira moved out of the way to show her in full. She had light blue eyes, pale skin, and another red ribbon tied around her neck. “Miss Fable of AIR would like to speak with Captain Kurosaki and Captain Dita.”

Eru rose from his seat and Lattimer just stayed slumped in his. “Good Morning Miss Fable. What is it that you would like to speak about? Or is it urgent and is in need of absolute attendance?”

“Morning Lain! What do you need?”

Bambie and I giggled at the differences between Eru and Lattimer’s responses.

“Captain Rain and Captain Dina would like to inform you of the status of the area above.” What area? That empty construction place? Where I killed that DarkBringer? I remember that mess I made. It was sure to attract someone—or something—to that place, and maybe lure them inside this place.

“Yes? Is it clean and complete? Just as it was beforehand?”

“Yes, Captain Kurosaki.” I am glad it is clean.

“Good, then. You may leave.” Eru and Lain bowed once then she left and Akira closed the door with a smile on her face.

“Oh my, look at the time, Eru! We’d better get Dollie back to her house soon or else her parents will notice she’s gone,” Bambie said, looking at her watch.

“Yes, I agree. Akira! Lead Parker to the entrance and wait with her there for Sub-Captain Labrador,” Eru ordered.

“Yes, Captain Kurosaki. Come with me, Miss Parker.” I’m leaving now? Like this? I guess they expect me to clean up my clothes myself.

But… “Who’s Sub-Captain Labrador?”

“She’s the sub Captain in METAL group. Really nice. She’s also Royalty, you know. Along with her brother Captain Labrador. She’s Eru’s girlfriend, too! Her first name is Devyn and her brother's name is Damhan.” I couldn’t help but let out a light giggle.

“So the Captain’s dating Royalty, eh?” I put a sly smile on my lips and close my eyes to only slits.

He blushed lightly and pointed to the door. “Out! Leave! You should go home now. Your parents will get worried!”

I’d broken him, with the of course help from Lattimer. “Fine, Captain. I’ll leave.” I turned to the door and rushed out, really taking Eru’s words seriously. But as I rushed out the door I bumped into a girl my height. I fell to the ground with a thump.

I only had time to see she had blond hair, tanned skin, and black demon wings before everything went out in a black blur. This time I went black, I couldn’t hear anything for a little while. Again, I felt sorrow and sadness. As well as a longing to cause despair and destruction to all. After what seemed like only a few minuets I started to hear a song. It sounded so similar to Love Story by Beethoven.

Then the song faded and cries of pain and shouts of anger replaced it. My view faded from black, to gray, then everything became clear. The horrid sight before me was absolute and undenying,

I was standing in front of the girl. She was crouched on the floor before me. She had black goo—I suppose was her blood—around her and on the floor. And at worse, on me.

It was all over my hands and legs. Some of it was on my body-torso section. I do believe some was on my face also. The girl was quivering and her eyes were wide and blank. They were staring up at me with fear.

My want for home couldn’t be stronger.  

_e l y d e s i a

Distinct Fatcat

5,900 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Bunny Spotter 50

WildWildWindWhisperer
Vice Captain

Eloquent Autobiographer

6,425 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:15 pm
Captivating.
I much enjoyed your work.
loking forward to reaidng more of it.

...WildWildWindWhisperer wink ( Vice-Captian)

The Writing on the Wall

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games