Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Anime, Manga, Cosplay & Conventions
SMASH! Sydney Manga and Anime Show August 2nd 2008!!!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:58 am
User Image

SMASH! – Sydney Manga and Anime Show is an anime convention that is devoted to artists, creators and fans alike.

As an anime convention our primary focus is on anime and manga as a fan driven event. We wish to allow fans to meet and interact with other like-minded people, show off their own creative talents, buy anime and manga related goods and celebrate their fandom in a social environment.

Created by fans for fans, we hope to produce a fun convention that allows everyone to enjoy the show and festivities. We hope to encourage you all to showcase your talent and passion.

Date: Saturday, August 2nd 2008
Opening hours: 10am - 8pm.
Venue: Roundhouse@UNSW

Artist Pack information and application forms, as well as Comiket are already available, and information on a few art and fanfic competitions are available on the forums.

Visit the Website

Visit the Forums

Visit the Thread on Gaia  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:46 am
SMASH was really good. I really enjoyed attending. But, I think they'll need to work a bit more on organisation next year.  

Kireshai

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Darek Khort

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 5:14 am
Yea, there were a few stuff-ups here and there like the Wacom Artist delays/etc, but overall for their first ever convention I felt it went pretty smoothly....though we are still hating Australia Post for losing the Travelling Logbook. >_<  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:33 pm
SMASH! is here for 2008 folks! Don't miss it!  

Darek Khort

Enetirnel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:52 am
I'll probably come (possibly in a cosplay) as one of the Judges from the Cosplay Competition from last year will drag me down the road to UNSW.

But I look forward to it, all of my friends that went last year really enjoyed it.  
Anime, Manga, Cosplay & Conventions

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games