What the Crap? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Perverse

Big Member

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:15 pm
I feel like a Grandmother right now helplessly watching her grandchildren and not understanding anything of what they're doing.

I used to love avatar talk. I would sign on to Gaia and go to AT, no other part of the forums. This was due to two things, the people and the rating style.

However, I've noticed as time has gone on that my style has slowly become viewed as antiquated and obsolete. My avatars wind up being too "simple" or my shades are just the tiniest bit off. It feels like I'm still stuck in the time period where my avatars were "good". I asked for a rate today and was marked down because the textures of my jacket and pants were "off".

When did we start rating on textures? When did piling on so many items that your avatar loses its shape become popular? When did AT stop being interesting?

Am I just *too* old?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:00 pm
No, I just made a thread yesterday about this in this forum =D. People are getting more analytical, some people do think we are elite, which we are not, we are not the GCD where we label ourselves prommies, regs, and GCDers, we just label ourselves ATers and Oldbies, and some people like to think they are better by rating harshly because they would be breaking the 10 streaks for the elite. <3 but you and I both know AT has not eliteness at all. Some, like myself were bashed when they first came into the AT so we bash everyone else, so we get critical because you all were me to me, I will be mean to you type a thing, like a vengeance you know? Also there are more equip options so if you do not have 20+ avatars people could say it is too simple or that your textures are off and that you can fix it, the AT is starting to annoy me slowly, but I try hard to stay optimistic and help people be lenient and nicer to others <3.

If that helps? <3  

Qwannah

Menstrual Cramps

Fistpumping Pumpkin

31,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Hairspray Heaven 500
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:55 am
YEP. *Kicks back in her rocking chair* BACK IN DA' OLD'N DAYS, WE COULD GIVE A BIT OF LEEWAY WITH AVATARS. *rocks some more* BUT NOW THESE YOUNG'INS ONLY CARE ABOUT TEXTURES AND EXACT COLORS LIKE THIS IS SOME DRAWIN OR SOMETHIN.

I had to do it.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2007 2:15 pm
I like your avatar! heart  

Cognizance

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Lucca Ashtear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:02 am
I remember back when I got 8/10 for this:

User Image

The proto-ferret... back before belts existed... before the salon was even thought of...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 9:46 am
          ...Um, they downrated you because your textures were off?
          rofl
          Wow...

I can understand getting better rates for great textures, but getting downrated for not having good textures? That's just plain stupid. Not everyone knows exactly how to use textures. I know for a fact that I don't; I somehow get them right, though. >w>;;;

`Monox!de

Cognizance

7,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:09 pm
Here's the thing that I'm currently facing... The Avatar Judging guide desperately needs to be updated with current AT social stuff.

And I've been out of the game so long... I feel like I'll completely miss what needs to be represented.

So, soon I'll start a thread to ask you guys what you think is important to make not of.

I think I'll ask this guild first and get their input... then I'll be hitting up the AT forum for the general consensus. Anything I should be warned of? wink

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:05 pm
I feel pretty much the same way. The few times (and I mean VERY few) that I've ventured back to Gaia and into the AT, the rates I've been given have been fairly reasonable. Still, it's no surprise that things have changed a lot.  

[ddrfreek]

yoshiko sama

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:52 pm
I have to say that Rating has gotten more intense but I have not been in AT for a long time. I've been without an internet connection for a long time.
But as I have not gotten my rate on in a long time. I can't really give an honest feeling of it's like now. But I have felt this before when I got marked down for having shades that where off.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 7:38 pm
    i like harsh rating :3

i've noticed more retarded rating though..
    like newbies will give 5/10 because they
    don't like an item.
    ... wtf? since when
    does it matter if you like an item or not?
    it's about how they USE the item on their

and some people just throw out 9/10 b/c
    they don't 'give out 10s' and don't leave
    any feedback as to why the one point was
    taken off or how to make it better...

idk~
    i've noticed that it's different now too, but i
    don't really go to AT as much anymore
    anyway... :/

Raech is Outrageous

sadbwoys

Invisible Sex Symbol

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:21 am
melPOW!
    i like harsh rating :3

i've noticed more retarded rating though..
    like newbies will give 5/10 because they
    don't like an item.
    ... wtf? since when
    does it matter if you like an item or not?
    it's about how they USE the item on their

and some people just throw out 9/10 b/c
    they don't 'give out 10s' and don't leave
    any feedback as to why the one point was
    taken off or how to make it better...

idk~
    i've noticed that it's different now too, but i
    don't really go to AT as much anymore
    anyway... :/
User ImageFly...
It's one of the blunders of the world that no one cares.

I get downrated for my shade/monocle combination all the time, because it "looks weird." :/

I agree though.
Apparently, our avatars have to be the epiphany of perfection.
>O>;

That no one- cares enough.
User ImageSoar...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 4:22 pm
I don't really hang out in the AT Forums anymore. Now they are rating on textures? I find that kind of ridiculous... I dislike the numbered rating system because it doesn't tell anyone how to improve people's outfits. If I were rating, I would critique the good and the bad as much as I can, so they can understand what needs to be improved. 3nodding  

Zi

Supportive Cleric

30,375 Points
  • Alchemy Level 5 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Invisibility 100

Perverse

Big Member

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:07 pm
Wow, I haven't checked this thread in forever. xd

It makes me ridiculously happy to see all of you agreeing with me here.

I was never looking for a perfect rate on any of my avatars, as I sort of think it's impossible to have a perfect avatar, but I think people's rating styles are sort of messed up. If the outfit flows nicely and is pleasing to the eye it shouldn't matter if your shoes are a slightly different pink than your top. If you have shiny pants and a matte hat but they look good as items paired then textures aren't important.

Too many people break things down instead of standing back and looking at something objectively.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:12 pm

I gave up a long time ago on rate me threads when I was told my devil tail is red, and my fairy wings were lime green. lol

The only reason I stay around AT is my friends there, Joey would come knockin' on my door if I ever left. I just ignore making rate me threads. I don't desire critiques on my avatar because people never tell me anything of use and pick out the most smallest of detail just to complain about it. I just stopped caring, I make what I want if the rest of AT doesn't like it I don't really care. It's my avatar and I do what I want with it.

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers