Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply Game Assistance and Talk
The original four .hack// games Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

[[- Midori -]]

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:42 pm
Hmm.. what do you think? Are they harder than the .hack//G.U. games?
I've completed .hack//G.U. volumn 1 & 2 ... needless to say, they were pretty easy. I never died in G.U.
Yet, ever since I recently bought .hack//INFECTION, I've been dying... dying ALOT.
The original four games are harder compared to G.U. Does anyone else agree?

Also... feel free to say anything else on your mind related to them. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 8:54 pm
Yes, I suppose the first ones were harder, its been a while since I've played them, so I think I'd just be bad at them anyway...But, I think the beginning was easier, to me anyway. Infection was easier to me then Rebirth was.  

Jack2634

Midori of the Azure Land

Winter Faun

19,675 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:36 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. i think so. i did find it harder to do some levels that i had to do alone. GU seemed to easy but fun biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 7:41 am
I agree. The first four were much more difficult. It's all about preparation in those games, though. And the weapons had elements... the monsters had barriers... it was harder. G.U. lacks that kind of challenging charm. Otherwise, it's a blast.

That's why I take Haseo on solo adventures! And 1 on 1 Doppelganger fun! He still hasn't died, though. XD

Destry

[[- Midori -]]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 8:20 am
Destry
I agree. The first four were much more difficult. It's all about preparation in those games, though. And the weapons had elements... the monsters had barriers... it was harder. G.U. lacks that kind of challenging charm. Otherwise, it's a blast.

That's why I take Haseo on solo adventures! And 1 on 1 Doppelganger fun! He still hasn't died, though. XD

yeah... and if your weapon happens to have an element that the monster has tolerance for ... you can't really expect to do that much damage with that one skill.
You have to love G.U.'s story line though. ^^ ... and I've never tried fighting the doppleganger 1 on 1. I should try that sometime. Usually I just take Pi and Piro's the 3rd along, get alot of combos, and then kill it with the divine awakening.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:06 pm
[[- Midori -]]
I've completed .hack//G.U. volumn 1 & 2 ... needless to say, they were pretty easy. I never died in G.U.
Yet, ever since I recently bought .hack//INFECTION, I've been dying... dying ALOT.

I agree, .Hack/IMOQ is MUCH harder then G.U.

G.U. is just more interactive  

vengeful retribution

[[- Midori -]]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:46 am
The Avenger Tarvos
[[- Midori -]]

...and finding the virus cores in .hack//IMOQ is a pain. stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:49 am
[[- Midori -]]
The Avenger Tarvos
[[- Midori -]]

...and finding the virus cores in .hack//IMOQ is a pain. stressed

Yeah, I always had to go back and read Helba's E-Mails about how to get the certain Virus Cores scream scream scream  

vengeful retribution

DayDreamerr

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 2:57 pm
I love the irony in this because isn't the 2nd version of the world soppuse to harder XDUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 6:14 pm
Personally, I thought the first series was harder, as well as longer, though that might just be because I threw hour after hour into the game to unlock all the stuff in the Ryu books.  

Jack2634

Avakar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:20 pm
The first games WERE harder, you had to WORK to beat the games. When you finished each disk, you really felt like you had accomplished something. Hunting the virus cores down, leveling, thinking around tolerances and planning ahead, yeah it was a pain, but a good time was had! The G.U. series is more involved with the in-game fighting and the interpersonal relationshipes are deeper, but that is to be expected as a franchise ages. Now all we can do is wait to see how .hack// continues to grow.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:26 pm
[[- Midori -]]

They only seem that way until you get used to them. I remember having a hard time like that too, but once you get used to effectively commanding your party and making proper use of skills... You'll probably breeze through it. That's what happened to me.

The only things hard about it would be
A) SKIETH!!!
B) the VERY last Dungeon/Side Quest in //Quarantine
C) The stupid Goblin pieces of trash... They just get so annoying!

The virus cores were easy for me. I just Data Drained until Danger status...ALWAYS. Leveled down a few times from it, but easily made it back up.

Kraeven

Grieverr

Vice Captain

Anxious Poster

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:25 pm
I think Infection-Quarantine was harder. I actually died a lot in those games.
GU is easy. A few hard bosses.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:49 pm
In retrospect, all of it is easy. Except for "Hidden Darkside Holy Ground".

G.U. just took me longer to get through, for some reason. I guess it's all those cut-scenes and whatnot.

Kraeven

[[- Midori -]]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:35 am
Kraeven
[[- Midori -]]

They only seem that way until you get used to them. I remember having a hard time like that too, but once you get used to effectively commanding your party and making proper use of skills... You'll probably breeze through it. That's what happened to me.

The only things hard about it would be
A) SKIETH!!!
B) the VERY last Dungeon/Side Quest in //Quarantine
C) The stupid Goblin pieces of trash... They just get so annoying!

The virus cores were easy for me. I just Data Drained until Danger status...ALWAYS. Leveled down a few times from it, but easily made it back up.

Haha... I guess I'll have something to look forward to when I fight Skeith then. T T  
Game Assistance and Talk

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff