Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I propose... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Because I can...
  gold
View Results

Amaya84

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:28 am
I propose that we spam this person's account and profile with "you've been caught" type sayings. Please read the following...Current forum thread...

and also...Another current thread...

I've already done both. I find his actions, and also his grammar, detestable at the least. Please join me in protecting our rights as Gaians to a hack-free environment.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:25 pm
They can just delete it...  

Venat the Undying

Lily-Anne-Marie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:26 pm
Wait, who are we talking about? I am not sure I understand.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:12 pm
Nice. 3nodding  

Error Access Denied

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 8:21 pm
Ebony_Anne
Wait, who are we talking about? I am not sure I understand.

I believe because she said "him" she is referring to the hacker.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:06 pm
Oh, I see, okay. Well I would not necessarily want to spam his inbox because he can just delete everything out of there, but a good idea in theory.  

Lily-Anne-Marie

Amaya84

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:14 am
Yes, I meant the hacker. I do understand that, in reality, it does not accomplish anything. I suppose I just want him to know that we know what he's doing, and that he can't get to as many people.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:34 am
I wouldn't recommend spamming anyone. If you know for sure that someone has been scamming, report him. If you spam someone, you can get reported for it. Is it worth the risk?  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:49 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
I wouldn't recommend spamming anyone. If you know for sure that someone has been scamming, report him. If you spam someone, you can get reported for it. Is it worth the risk?

Well, it depends on how you look at it. You can always comment him rather than spam him. Let him know that soon all of Gaia will be aware of his malicious deeds and will be reported numerous amounts of time until banned. Because if everyone knows his account is a fraud, then he won't be able to use it again, now will he?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 2:17 am
The Great Reconteur
The MoUsY spell-checker

Well, it depends on how you look at it. You can always comment him rather than spam him. Let him know that soon all of Gaia will be aware of his malicious deeds and will be reported numerous amounts of time until banned. Because if everyone knows his account is a fraud, then he won't be able to use it again, now will he?

Well, you're right. It'll take him time to delete all the comments off his profile, unless he decides to block them altogether.  

The MoUsY spell-checker

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:05 pm
The MoUsY spell-checker
The Great Reconteur
The MoUsY spell-checker

Well, you're right. It'll take him time to delete all the comments off his profile, unless he decides to block them altogether.

Very true. Although, I don't think he'll be on that account very often. He'll be on his main account for the most part...which I haven't quite figured out which one that is. I still don't have enough info on that one. I'm only aware of two of his mule accounts.

Just a random question: Why do they call them mule accounts? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:05 pm
As great an idea as it might be, is it really necessary? He's been reported, and spamming him isn't going to help. I mean, it's just there to bother him, irritate him, etc. Plus, it can get you banned. The irony of that would be just sickening. If you've told the admins enough, and similar things have happened, they may just ban his IP address and accounts altogether. A bit harsh, and it may affect a couple other users, but it would solve the problem for a short while. Besides, even if they do that, there are plenty of other nasty, malicious hackers just waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

On a side note, Yahoo! did an extremely wonderful thing a couple weeks back. It advertised and practically gave hackers and spammers a great tool: a site that gives you a random e-mail address for 10 minutes just for creating accounts and stuff. Lovely, isn't it?  

chrystalclear

Error Access Denied

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:11 am
chrystalclear
As great an idea as it might be, is it really necessary? He's been reported, and spamming him isn't going to help. I mean, it's just there to bother him, irritate him, etc. Plus, it can get you banned. The irony of that would be just sickening. If you've told the admins enough, and similar things have happened, they may just ban his IP address and accounts altogether. A bit harsh, and it may affect a couple other users, but it would solve the problem for a short while. Besides, even if they do that, there are plenty of other nasty, malicious hackers just waiting to pounce on the unsuspecting. CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

On a side note, Yahoo! did an extremely wonderful thing a couple weeks back. It advertised and practically gave hackers and spammers a great tool: a site that gives you a random e-mail address for 10 minutes just for creating accounts and stuff. Lovely, isn't it?

Well, as you can tell we have already discussed all of that. Even so, now that he knows that he has been reported and is being widely displayed for the fraud that he is do you think that he would really go back on that account and care to bother with reporting everyone for their ranting comments? I don't think he would care much or really want to spend the time doing all of that. It would be pretty pointless. Besides, wouldn't people be more cautious now that they have a reminder of hackers on the site? So, hopefully, lessening the chances of the other nasty, malicious hackers of actually succeeding? I mean, unless they can find a way to change their screen name to appear to be a different color--such as the admins-- to fool their victims. I don't know if anyone has really noticed that the administrators have different color names unlike the usual blue/black colors for normal members. Of course, even that may not help members from the hackers. Especially now that the site is giving out applications to become an administrator. Even so, everyone should be aware that they do not ask for personal information in P.M.s, or even e-mails.

Either way, wouldn't it be nice to at least attempt to keep Gaia a hacker free environment instead of just sitting back and doing nothing about it? At least the bold will attempt to do something about it to help keep another victim safe. Why let them get away with it? True, "spamming" him won't do anything to really help, but at least it's not really harming anyone. Words are only words that can be taken in whatever way the person wants to take it. Of course, just giving him a normal comment isn't like spamming at all, now is it? Saying what you want to say is much different than spamming...is it not?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:20 am
It just irritates me to no end that people are just so mean and heartless to just screw people over like that. I'm not sure either what his main account is. Hacker free environments are just wishful thinking, I suppose.  

Amaya84

Tezur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 4:17 am
The Great Reconteur
chrystalclear

Well, as you can tell we have already discussed all of that. Even so, now that he knows that he has been reported and is being widely displayed for the fraud that he is do you think that he would really go back on that account and care to bother with reporting everyone for their ranting comments? I don't think he would care much or really want to spend the time doing all of that. It would be pretty pointless. Besides, wouldn't people be more cautious now that they have a reminder of hackers on the site? So, hopefully, lessening the chances of the other nasty, malicious hackers of actually succeeding? I mean, unless they can find a way to change their screen name to appear to be a different color--such as the admins-- to fool their victims. I don't know if anyone has really noticed that the administrators have different color names unlike the usual blue/black colors for normal members. Of course, even that may not help members from the hackers. Especially now that the site is giving out applications to become an administrator. Even so, everyone should be aware that they do not ask for personal information in P.M.s, or even e-mails.

Either way, wouldn't it be nice to at least attempt to keep Gaia a hacker free environment instead of just sitting back and doing nothing about it? At least the bold will attempt to do something about it to help keep another victim safe. Why let them get away with it? True, "spamming" him won't do anything to really help, but at least it's not really harming anyone. Words are only words that can be taken in whatever way the person wants to take it. Of course, just giving him a normal comment isn't like spamming at all, now is it? Saying what you want to say is much different than spamming...is it not?

Hackers have been around since the internet's birth, and it's not exactly a problem that will go away. The best you can do is avoid it altogether, or not go on much like I do. Maybe I'm sounding selfish here...hackers can follow you around on any computer terminal, unless you just not go on the net for too long. Find a way to make your computer more inaccessible, like shutting it off when you are done. It will most likely leave hackers no choice but to send a message, which you can delete. Even though it doesn't happen too often, if a hacker keeps sending you messages just keep deleting them, and s/he will go away. It's the best advice I can give you, but trust me, it works. 3nodding  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff