Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sims Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for all things Sims created by Maxis/EA. 

Tags: simulation, god games, story telling, custom, Sims 

Reply Sims Q&A and Help
What the hell is wrong with this house?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eienchi

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 11:20 pm
User Image
can someone tell me whats going on here or how to fix it? Blue blinking grass (Ps, how do you change staircases?)  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 6:32 am
That is 100% a problem with your graphics. You either need to update or buy a new one.

As for the staircases: The one in your screenshot is made with the modular stairs, not the full staircases. To remove that one you will need to select the modular stairs from the build catalogue, hold down the Ctrl key to get the bulldozer tool and then click on the staircase.  

Menaceman

Tricky Hoarder

11,450 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Rebuilder 100

randomchild91

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:02 am
the modular stairs can get annoying sometimes when u want to get a new staircase. u have to have at least 5 grid spaces free to fit them...quite the nuisance.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 1:27 pm
Menaceman
That is 100% a problem with your graphics. You either need to update or buy a new one.

As for the staircases: The one in your screenshot is made with the modular stairs, not the full staircases. To remove that one you will need to select the modular stairs from the build catalogue, hold down the Ctrl key to get the bulldozer tool and then click on the staircase.
t
I'll try the upgrade, its just...it wasnt doing the blue grass of death until about a few days ago TT  

Eienchi

Noembelu

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:52 am
Usually, for me, when something's blue like that, it means that I have custom content that I deleted, but didn't delete in the game.

Did you use any custom terrain texture for the lot?

That's the only thing I can think of. Either that, or like Menaceman said, it's probably your graphics.

Your best bet is to just move out of the lot, buldoze it, then re-build it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:37 pm
Eienchi
Menaceman

t
I'll try the upgrade, its just...it wasnt doing the blue grass of death until about a few days ago TT

Blue grass of death..Haha. That could also be read as "bluegrass of death", which appears to be an oxymoron. Heh, I'm such a nerd.

Anyway, Menaceman and Noembelu already answered with my response.

Captain Jenocidal

Sims Q&A and Help

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff