Submit

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 2:01 pm
i don't understand why they hate the book so much. I am catholic and at my church they don’t make a big to do about it. I think they are like me and believe that its just a book and its not real so they just leave it alone, but this church I went to with my friend just before the 5th movie came out. They where talking about it and said to tell every one about the evil about the movies and the books. I stud up and started to walk out of the church and they called to me asked why I was leaving in the middle of mass and I told them “I am not going to stay and listen to someone say a movie based on a book was evil because its just a books its not real so I don’t understand why people like you hate it“. He said because it deals with witchcraft and our children are acting like them” and everyone agreed. I told them “if you people would teach your children the difference between what is real and what is not then you wouldn’t have to say its evil all you would have to do say its not real its just something someone made up in their mind and wrote it into a book and they should act like everything you read. Then the world would have a problem so if you don’t mind have better things to do than listen to about a closed minded people. Hope you all have a nice day.” and with that I walked out. So you think I was right about it being just a book and they shouldn’t make a big deal out of it because it is a very well liked book by other?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:09 pm
You said that in a CATHOLIC church? You da man!  

The_Violet_Insurrection

The Chronokinetic King

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 7:55 pm
I agree that some people are too close minded. I personally am Christian but i see nothing wrong with reading it, as long as you don't obsess, practice witchcraft, etc. That reminds me of some weirdo lady i saw on tv, she has gone to many places to protest against HP,saying its evil and blah blah, but she admits she had never read a SINGLE book in the hp series.
And whats with them?Did they ban snow white, for the witch and the fact that she sleeps with 7 dwarves? They might as well say cinderella is evil because the fairy godmother uses magic to help....and also since jkr is supposed to be Christian to some point, i dont think she would be making witchcraft books....  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:06 am
Wow good for you! And I agree people are being very dim about this. I also argued with a Catholic on the matter....though I unfortunatly lost my temper and ended up being slaped (a warning...in an argument do not get extremly angry and shout 'the book is as fictional as your religeon' as you get slapped and end up feeling exceptionally bad about being just as crass as they are...)  

[.Transexual Walrus]

M1r4-54n

Thieving Prophet

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:35 am
The church are just a bunch of brainwasher's, still up to their old tricks... There's no such thing as real magic like that. Besides, KIDS pretend to be anything!  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:50 am
Hasumi_Makimoto
I agree that some people are too close minded. I personally am Christian but i see nothing wrong with reading it, as long as you don't obsess, practice witchcraft, etc. That reminds me of some weirdo lady i saw on tv, she has gone to many places to protest against HP,saying its evil and blah blah, but she admits she had never read a SINGLE book in the hp series.
And whats with them?Did they ban snow white, for the witch and the fact that she sleeps with 7 dwarves? They might as well say cinderella is evil because the fairy godmother uses magic to help....and also since jkr is supposed to be Christian to some point, i dont think she would be making witchcraft books....

I think you're talking about Laura Mallory. Most of the HP fan community has wondered what she's been smoking ever since she started shooting her mouth off about HP. Mugglenet.com has several articles devoted to her... and none of them are too friendly, i might say. Personally, in the words of Ron Weasley from the first movie: "She needs to sort out her priorities!"  

The_Violet_Insurrection

0SiLvEr-ScYtHe0

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 8:53 am
people just have crazy ideas about the whole series and actors  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:23 pm
I don't know why people would be so close-minded ...  

Hammie_Lover

pneoqueen

Business Fairy

9,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 9:27 am
i think they forget its just a book sometime.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:14 am
but even if you thought it was real, it wouldn't make you not believe in God.  

evil_black_cat

The Order of the Phoenix: A Harry Potter Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff