Have you ever used runes?
  Yes, for divination
  Yes, for protection and banishing spells
  No, but I've heard of them before
  What's a rune?
View Results

serbus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:30 am
So I've taken up runic divination recently. And at first I didn't really expect it to work so accurately. I went through the process of making them myself and staining them (although they're currently in wax form and need to be cast soon). I wanted them mostly to get a general idea about what I'm supposed to do in my life. Every single reading has been accurate so far. And I had a very interesting experience this week.

This isn't normally a question I would ask of a divination device, but I was so stressed about it that I needed some sort of reassurance for what I was doing. I asked if I was going to get a job that I had applied for. Here was my reply:
P-wunjo-joy, pleasure, success, recognition.
F-fehu-financial strength, prosperity, possessions won or earned.
R-raido-travel, a correct decision, rune.
To me this was a resounding 'yes'. It eased my mind for the night, and I went to bed.
So all this week I've been waiting for a call from this job, and I haven't recieved any. I went in Wednesday to ask about it, and Thursday, and Friday. Friday evening was my last chance, so I took a deep breath and went back to talk to the manager just one last time.... success! I landed an interview!!

Has anyone else had this kind of experience with runes? It's so accurate sometimes that I wonder if I really want to know the answers or not. I think they are a terrific tool, and I've already learned a lot of grammatic structure from some of the rune tals that I've come across (I'm a bit of a language nerd). I was wondering if I could get some feedback from other rune-users.

-Teshia  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:32 am
Sometimes I wonder if Fate has a sense of humour?  

serbus

Azana Brown

Supercharged Protagonist

40,975 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:53 pm
Oh, the Fates are quite humorous. As for your reading, does your occupation involve travel, perchance? Either a long commute or a job in the travel industry?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 12:03 am
Indeed, and comebacks are their specialty- so don't you ever curse them! wink

Runes were among the first things I ever used- and consequently, my desk is scratched with them ^^. They're very powerful, very easily recognized symbols- and considering the story of Odin hanging himself from the ash tree and meditating on them... they should be rather powerful. Yes, I have been astounded by their accuracy. At the beginning, I would ignore the answer to a question, choosing to disbeleive in an unsatisfactory answer, and I was eventually humbled when I did.  

Nomad of Nowhere

Starlock
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:59 pm
I've toyed with the idea lately to come up with my own set of runic symbols for use in divination. The runes are from a specific culture I don't really adhere to in my tradition, so it feels odd using a system based on such a specific culture. The basic meaning of some of the runes relate so closely to Nordic mythology, I feel like I should be creating a set that applies more to my own practice.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 1:27 am
its funny you should mention runes because lately when i wake up in my dreams i have been writing random runes...

i really pay attention to my dreams because I've found them to always have truth to them so a while back i started a journal and right when i wake up i let my hands just sketch as much as they can from memory and then i write all i can remember before turning my lights one even.... and just the last few weeks I've been having dreams where say i go to a bar and the name is above the bar but obviously i can't read it no one can read in dreams but i recognize the runes.

its inspired me to do more studies.  

Gawqueenpenguin

4,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Contributor 150

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:57 pm
i have never actualy gotten the chance yet to use runes, but i always trusted in them.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:08 am
twilight insanity
i have never actualy gotten the chance yet to use runes, but i always trusted in them.

Any particular reason why you feel this way? A connection to the culture they originated from, perhaps?  

Starlock
Crew

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 9:09 pm
Starlock
twilight insanity

Any particular reason why you feel this way? A connection to the culture they originated from, perhaps?

no, actualy, but i guess it's clos eto that... my reasons for it are that they always held a closeness to the power of words and thoughts, and that by carving something in to something else, a scarring of that thing imbued with energy, the power is simply undeniable! so i have to respect them, and i do believe that anything with a rune used with a purpose is going to be trustworthy.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 3:52 pm
Me personally I started using Tarot but never achieved a good reading. It always seemed to be very vague. But a couple months ago I started using Runes. And they are unbelievably perfect as it's been said almost too right on. And to me they have been easier to use than a Tarot Deck.  

Kieron_Dark

loahnuh

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:05 pm
I've never used runes but my tarot cards have never let me down yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:18 am
Kieron_Dark
Me personally I started using Tarot but never achieved a good reading. It always seemed to be very vague. But a couple months ago I started using Runes. And they are unbelievably perfect as it's been said almost too right on. And to me they have been easier to use than a Tarot Deck.

I agree. I have found runes to be much easier to interpret than tarot. I think it's because runes have a larger history, but that's just speculation.  

serbus

luciferi nocturnum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 6:54 pm
runes don't tell what is going to happen only what might happen. it's like looking down a series of paths that u can go down. which one u choose is up to u. also just stating the issue works better then just asking a question.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 2:48 pm
luciferi nocturnum
Runes don't tell what is going to happen, only what might happen. It's like looking down a series of paths that you can go down; which one you choose is up to you.[snipped and cleaned]

Are you meaning to suggest that this is unique to runes? I thought this was a particular philosophical angle on the nature of divination as a whole...  

Starlock
Crew

Kai Faeda

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:55 pm
I created my set of runes a couple months ago but I haven't used them very many times yet. I think I just feel they aren't ready to be used? Or something, I dunno. But of the times that I have used them they seem accurate if not very plausible.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff