Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you attending King Richard's Faire?
  Yes.
  No.
View Results

Jette Vala

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 1:21 pm
King Richard's Faire. A Ren faire that lasts from September 1st till October 21st. Weekends only in Carver, MA.

Anyone but me attending? It would be great to see some people there. ^_^

http://www.kingrichardsfaire.net/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:59 am
I'm afraid not. While they are the largest largest renfair on the east coast, they are also the biggest asshats on the east coast.

The contract for working there has the the stipulation that "if this contract is shown to a lawyer, this contract is null and void".

If you sell or offer services for them (portraiture, palm reading, that sort of thing), you must show up each day, rain or shine and are not allowed to have cover of any sort unless you are a returning merchant.

When you finally are allowed to have some form of shelter, you must either rent from them or make your own to their speculations. When you make it, it then belongs to them.

They don't treat their people well, they're overpriced, and very little of what they do actually has anything to do with the middle ages. I have other reasons as to why I object to them, but I think you get the idea.  

Kittywitch

Witty Elocutionist

26,500 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Unbreakable Bond 150

Jette Vala

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:41 am
Eh, I'm not a merchant, and I have no services to offer, so it's fun to attend.  
Kingdoms/Event Announcements

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games