Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Online Contests (Let me know if this is good or bad)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Good or Bad?
  Good!!!
  Bad!!!
View Results

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:20 am
How to play: Ok enter a double battle with your opponent.In this battle your opponent will be considered the judge and will mark you for Entrance,Combos and bonus Marks!

Judge:Judge will use two low leveled Pokemon preferebly Magikarp or Bidoof depending on the types you use.His/Her job is to mark you on Entrance,Combos, And bonus Marks!He will mark you out of ten for all of these so in total you will be scored out of 25 when its over.

Entrance: Using seals to make your Pokemons Entrance is an importent Part of the compition.If you are trying to score high marks with seals I recommend assigning ones that are like the Pokemon like Water, use bubbles Grass use leafs and so on basically so it will look good.

Combos: These are vital for scoring some good points.Using combos requires you and your two Pokemon to work together.An example of a combo is Electrode and Metagross are on your side of the field.Making Electrode use Levitate and then Metagross using Eartquake would be a good combo.But try to be original and think of your own.

Bonus Marks!: Bonus marks can be earned by using Match types,Moves,good team work in other words if you went into a battle and used to of the same type that would earn you some bonus marks.Also the same with moves if you have to of the same type on your side of the field using there type of moves could earn you some more little bonus points.

Side Notes:

Note: So in a line it goes like Entrance--------->Combos,Moves---------->Finish
Remember you only have TWO TURNS !!!! to do this it doesent matter how long you take but as long as the enemys go down or you could lose so serious points!

Note: When using combos try to use your Pokemons ability to an advantage water obsorb and motor engine would be good for combos aswell.

Note: If you still dont understand something Please let me know by posting or PMing me.

Note:These are the rules for now But they may change and if they do you will be notified.

*Marking for Judges*

Out of 30.

Entrance - ?/5 - How a pokemon's seals, or lack there of match, the pokemon.

Type Picking - ?/5
- How the pokemon's type compliments each other in the sense of moves and so on.

Move Selection - ?/10 - How the move choice the coordinator picks fits the pokemon that uses it, ( I.E. does it compliment types, or effective against the pokemons weakness, ect. )

Combos - ?/10 - How the two pokemon's moves and abilities work with each other, in sync, or in compliments, and so on.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:45 am
Hmm, I could see it being interesting to some people, but for it to work to it's potential, you'd have to find a SINGLE person to be the judge of everyone, and make sure that person won't be bias in anyway, which will be hard.

Also, you'd have give the 'judge' a very meticulous scoring process, so that things are all scored in the same way, and not just by a simple opinion.

I'd love to see the rules and such you have set for this if you're will to show me. It sounds like it could be an interesting add to a Wi-Fi guild.  

neogoth

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:00 am
It's a very interesting idea, but it would be hard to pull off. Like neogoth said, you'd have to find a judge that's not biased. And make a strict code or something.

I especially like the Seals idea though. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:04 pm
Yeah I will make out a better scoring process And for the judge well im sure there are people who would do it honestly.  

Razz-Berry 9

Sexually Dimorphic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:14 pm
I like the idea. But it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for growing in it. It seems like you'd start seeing the same combo's over and over again...  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:18 pm
Make Me Your Sex Toy
I like the idea. But it doesn't seem like there's a whole lot of room for growing in it. It seems like you'd start seeing the same combo's over and over again...
There are many pokemons abilitys of pokemon that can be used for combos there are alot and they can be original like its hard to explain.

*list updated new Judge markings added*  

Razz-Berry 9

neogoth

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:32 pm
I think your scoring method could be a little more well thought, since getting full points looks to easy with that current one.

And it's to forward, and leaves judges with only like, 5 or 6 possible scores for any trainer. Putting a max point amount for a certain thing, ( Like the two pokemon that are being used ) is a risky thing two, since, they could be completely different in there types, but the two that there are, work gorgeously with one another.

All in All, with a little more thought put into mainly the scoring, I can see this getting somewhere.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:34 pm
neogoth
I think your scoring method could be a little more well thought, since getting full points looks to easy with that current one.

And it's to forward, and leaves judges with only like, 5 or 6 possible scores for any trainer. Putting a max point amount for a certain thing, ( Like the two pokemon that are being used ) is a risky thing two, since, they could be completely different in there types, but the two that there are, work gorgeously with one another.

All in All, with a little more thought put into mainly the scoring, I can see this getting somewhere.
Well you can post a scoring methoud if you want it will most likely be better than mine.  

Razz-Berry 9

Kunx990 the Roaming Bard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:38 pm
Awwww my G/S Eon team doesn't work now.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:19 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
neogoth

Well you can post a scoring methoud if you want it will most likely be better than mine.
Out of 30.

Type Picking - ?/5
- How the pokemon's type compliments each other in the sense of moves and so on.

Move Selection - ?/10 - How the move choice the coordinator picks fits the pokemon that uses it, ( I.E. does it compliment types, or effective against the pokemons weakness, ect. )

Combos - ?/10 - How the two pokemon's moves and abilities work with each other, in sync, or in compliments, and so on.

That's a rough idea off the top of my head for an out of 30 score.

Basically, the designated 'Judge' would rate how each thing matches the pokemon, on a given scale, which the points are then given, and calculated.

If I had time to think more throughly, I could think of a better way to word, and split up points.  

neogoth

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:30 pm
neogoth
!!Razz-berry!!9
neogoth

Out of 30.

Type Picking - ?/5

Basically, the designated 'Judge' would rate how each thing matches the pokemon, on a given scale, which the points are then given, and calculated.

If I had time to think more throughly, I could think of a better way to word, and split up points.
Thats good thanks il replace mine with that.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:41 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
neogoth
!!Razz-berry!!9
neogoth

Out of 30.

Type Picking - ?/5

Thats good thanks il replace mine with that.
Hell man, give me like.. a few weeks, I can toss together a small program that you input that s**t into, and it'll toss out a score.

lol, Maybe.  

neogoth

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:55 am
Anyone wanna give this a shot il Judge?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 5:08 pm
Need more opinions..o-o dramallama  

Razz-Berry 9

Bug Catcher Geno

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:56 pm
Actually,
this is a pretty sweet idea!