Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Nuuuu! D< *taps*

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Kiku-chan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:55 pm
O_O

Cats really do like yarn, lol.

I'm at my grandma's and she has a cat ((I had one too, but I think she got caught, killed, and eaten by a coyote...I miss my sweet little Tsuki that used to steal my pretzels and chew on my cellphone....))

and to grab my knitting, I had to go over the cat ((I'm sitting on my bed and so is he)) and he saw the yarn, and when I started to knit, the part dangling, he started to chew on.

I was like "Nuuuuu!!!" and I tapped him on the head. He looked like he was going to attack me, lol.

So he goes back to trying to chew on my yarn. So I tapped him again. He looks up then tries AGAIN at chewing on my yarn....

So I tapped him on the head AGAIN and he jumped off the bed...Now he's on the bed again but he's snubbing me, lol.

Anyone else have pets/family's pets that try to eat your crafts?  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:17 am
We went to visit relatives for spring break last year and their cat was extremely interested in my crochet project. I finally used some scrap yarn to make a tassel for her to play with so she'd stay away from my good yarn.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 9:49 am
My cat isn't overly interested in yarn anymore (he used to steal mine, but seems to have gotten over that). Now he just chews on my needles- while I'm knitting for a preference. I swear he's part beaver, the amount he chews on wood and plastic.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:45 am
We used to have a cat named Murphy who loved to chew on yarn, and my mother found him sitting by the basement door one day with a string hanging out of his mouth. She thought he had picked up a little string and was chewing on it, so went to pull it out of his mouth....

Only to be hanging onto a very long chunk of yarn, pulling and pulling while the cat made gagging noises - he had swallowed about 15 ft. of yarn and she had to carefully pull it out of his throat.

Yeah... cats aren't too smart at times  

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

RocknRollDragon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 11:12 am
I try to give my cat a different yarn ball to play with, but he always wants to play with the one I'm using. I guess maybe he does that to tease me xp  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games