Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Bunny Slippers!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:01 am
I actually finished these a while back, but forgot that I was going to upload the images. My sister gave me the yarn for Christmas, with the strong suggestion that I ought to make myself the bunny slippers from the Happy Hooker. They were fun and fairly easy to make (and my first completed crocet project since a scarf in 5th grade).

User Image

I used two different ways of making the whiskers- I like the chain stitched ones better, but I think it's cute that they have different faces, so I've left the 3-D whiskers as they are.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:55 am
Those are so cute!  

knitting_needle_ninja

Fenhir Noble

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 3:15 pm
ah cool! If you want to share the pattern, I know someone who could make his girlfriend REALLY happy *Points to self*  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:27 pm
Wow, nice job!! Those are really cute biggrin  

Ska Hippie

Silver Mist

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 12:27 pm
I have that pattern and I plan on making myself a pair this winter. My biggest issue is this- I want to use soft yarn so they are fuzzy on my feet, but I'm rather prone to falling flat on my a**, and fuzzy yarn on hard wood floors does not seem like a good idea. How to solve the dillema...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:07 pm
Ohh those are so cute! 4laugh
I have carpet all around the house, though, so I don't think I'll need those...
BUT I WANT THEM ANYWAY domokun  

Sugar Bandit

knitting_needle_ninja

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Silver Mist
I have that pattern and I plan on making myself a pair this winter. My biggest issue is this- I want to use soft yarn so they are fuzzy on my feet, but I'm rather prone to falling flat on my a**, and fuzzy yarn on hard wood floors does not seem like a good idea. How to solve the dillema...

Either make the bottom two layers, or tack some of that no-slip stuff you can buy for rugs on the bottom.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:49 pm
Fenhir: Its from Happy Hooker - you might be able to get it from your local library. 3nodding

Silver: Puffy fabric paint on the bottom? If it sticks? I know i had a really thick pair of socks that i did that with when i was little, so that they didn't slide. 3nodding

Clear Bubble: I have carpet everywhere as well, but I still love my slippers.... mostly for conventions where i tend to wear my PJs out of the hotel room.... I need a new pair...

i should make these....  

kochi~mochi

4,750 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Blue-eyes-green

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 4:49 pm
I have carpet all over my house too. I mostly wear these so my cat won't bite my toes first thing in the morning. heart

Silver- I've seen leather cut outs to put on the bottom of slippers, to make the bottoms less slippery and to make them wear longer. I've been debating attatching them to these, but I kind of like how they feel as is.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 7:02 pm
Silver Mist

one solution for your dillema....i used to make sleepers for my kids when they were babies... they sell the non-skid material at fabric stores... you could sew some on the bottom of the slippers so you wont fall on your butt! lol  

a work of art

YourAzureGoddess

Naughty Pants

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:29 pm

*Dies from the cuteness*

Very very nice!

One thought for no-skid soles... get one of those rubber "waffle-weave" placemats or shelf liners in a similar color to the slippers, cut it out in the size of the sole and sew it on  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:49 am
gorgeous!  

PoppyDadswell

Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas