Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
Vampires and the afterlife Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you think the vampires could have an afterlife?
  Yeah, I think Carlisle is right.
  No, I think Edward is right
  Pffft I dunno
View Results

Tanyas_Dusk

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 10:37 pm
So, I was thinking about the idea of Bella risking her soul to become a vampire, according to Edward.
And I agree with Carlisle. I don't think that just because you a vampire you wouldn't get to have whatever afterlife you believe in. exspecially with the 'vegitarian' vampires.
What do you guys think?  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:19 am
I would like to think they do have an afterlife, for most vampires it isnt like they chose that lifestyle and the drinking blood is their natural craving and food source its like saying we dont have an after life if we eat meat. and like you said they are vegetarian vampires i think they will have an afterlife i mean they are good and all, they dont kill humans or anything and have morals. I think they deserve and afterlife and will get one when they die.  

Fullmoon.s_wings

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:11 am
Small Eclipse Spoiler....

According to the legend told by the Werwolves in chapter 9 or so, the original vampire they killed tried reforming its self. Therefore, I believe they are forever trapped in their body's, no matter what happens. Unless they are completely gotten rid of, then they would be trapped. After that, I have no idea.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:16 am
Epitaph of the Twilight

According to the legend told by the Werwolves in chapter 9 or so, the original vampire they killed tried reforming its self. Therefore, I believe they are forever trapped in their body's, no matter what happens. Unless they are completely gotten rid of, then they would be trapped. After that, I have no idea.

Ya , and in order to get rid of them you have to desever the body and burn it. And then thats where the "after life question" plays in.  

Strings of Destiny

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 12:55 pm
Strings Of Destiny
Epitaph of the Twilight

Ya , and in order to get rid of them you have to desever the body and burn it. And then thats where the "after life question" plays in.

But since most people don't know that, it doesn't matter much what happens after, since it will rarely happen. Anyways, I'm not sure what happens to them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:42 pm
yea i think once they're completely killed or whatever (chopped up and burned) they will either go to heaven or hell depending on their lives like what they did, how they treated people, what they believe, etc. i definately think the cullens and hales do. like carlisle said, how could someone like edward not have something better waiting for him?

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

paradise.paranoia

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:01 pm
Epitaph of the Twilight

-gasp- i never thought of that...
you're brilliant!
~
I'd like to believe that ,despite what Edward says, vampires do have souls and that something better is waiting for them.
Though this answer must depend on what you as a reader believe in faith-wise.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:44 pm
I think that after the body is completly disposed of then yes, their soul could essentially "move on." But I think that even the "non-vegetarian" vampires could too- as long as they were only killing people as they needed food. ~cristian opinionated: and as long as they believe in christ as their savior, ect.~ Because humans eat living things- even vegetarians. And meat eating humans are killing animals to eat, as the human blood drinkers would kill humans to sustain themselves.  

Ayllin

BayFox

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:24 pm
I think that being a vampire has nothing to do with it. No matter how you act as a vampire all that matters is how you were as a human. Its like someone hit pause on your life when you become a vampire and nobody pays attention to that. Its how you were as a human. Beacuse being blood-thirsty wouldn't be your fault. Its not like you could help it. Thats like punishing a tiger for eating an animal.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 4:42 pm
BayFox
I think that being a vampire has nothing to do with it. No matter how you act as a vampire all that matters is how you were as a human. Its like someone hit pause on your life when you become a vampire and nobody pays attention to that. Its how you were as a human. Beacuse being blood-thirsty wouldn't be your fault. Its not like you could help it. Thats like punishing a tiger for eating an animal.

I couldn't put it better! if you were extremely bloodthirsty and cruel (like James & Victoria) I'm sure that would somehow play in, but for the most part it doesn't really count (or if you ried espcially hard to not eat humans, I'm sure that would *definetly* count for something. But if you were a saint as a human but still killed people as a vampire I think you'd go to heaven.  

snickerdoodleprincess

xxperfectlyximperfectxx

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:21 pm
snickerdoodleprincess
BayFox

I couldn't put it better! if you were extremely bloodthirsty and cruel (like James & Victoria) I'm sure that would somehow play in, but for the most part it doesn't really count (or if you ried espcially hard to not eat humans, I'm sure that would *definetly* count for something. But if you were a saint as a human but still killed people as a vampire I think you'd go to heaven.

I agree, especially if you were like James and Victoria I think that would have some effect on where you would turn out in your afterlife. Also, I think that even as a vampire, how you treat others would still effect you in the end  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:43 pm
Well, here's what I have to say.

first thing:
Humans kill people all the time, sometimes there reasons are better than others. Sometimes people kill people who are hurting another person or trying to rob them, etc. I don't think that person is going to hell for being in defense-mode, right?

second thing:
Wolves kill wolves. Bears kill bears. Hippos kill hippos. Lions kill lions. It's all the same thing.. Humans kills humans. (Too me vampires is like a breed of human.. like a golden retriever is a dog sort of thing..)

They're not going to hell, they're doing what's in their nature. Even if they do kill human, they're doing it to survive. It's the people who make armies of vampires that are going to hell because they're doing it for the wrong reason.. does that make sense?? :/  

irroc29

KiraLight
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I think the answer to this question would be whatever you would answer if this question was changed for humans. Do humans have an afterlife? We kill pretty much every other species on the planet for food. Why should it be different for vampires? So if you believe that we humans have an afterlife to go to then I guess vampires do too.

Lol..I know this is totally random, but that last post reminded me of the song "Circle of Poo" from South Park

Its the poo of the antelope, the poo of the giraffe
Which crawls up to the earth, and becomes the blades of grass
The grass is eaten by the cattle, which comes out the other end
To make poo for the humans, and start all over again.
rofl
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 11:37 pm
paradise.paranoia
I'd like to believe that ,despite what Edward says, vampires do have souls and that something better is waiting for them.
Though this answer must depend on what you as a reader believe in faith-wise.

OpalGirl

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • Voter 100

Sora_Mizuki_Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:19 am
I think that they do have an afterlife...that is if they want one 3nodding

Only the Vampires that were made from other vampires can have an afterlife in my book, like the Voltry would not deserve it... mrgreen  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff