Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Vitamins and EVing Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

miraiyouko

Dapper Bloodsucker

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:31 pm
I was looking on Serebii.net about Eving, and it mentions vitamins. It doesn't, however, explain when to use them. Do I use them automactically on a level 1 Pokemon to start boosting their stats? Or do I spread them out as it levels up? I am interested in EVing a little, I would just prefer to do it the easier way. Math is not my forte.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:36 pm
you can only use 10 vitamins on each stat in total

for each vitamin it give you 10 EV,so in total you can give a pokemon 100 EV just using a carbos..or protein or what ever

you can use vitamin when ever you feel like..it doesn't matter  

16bit-Plumber

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:38 pm
16bit-Plumber

for each vitamin it give you 10 EV,so in total you can give a pokemon 100 EV just using a carbos..or protein or what ever

*Rushes in late*Awww I wanted to be the helpful one  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:41 pm
Vitamins aren't really needed.

If you plan on doing EV training more in the long term, earn the power items in the BT, and trade someone for pokerus, and learn to spread it / contain it in your PC box.

Defeating proper enemy in the EV you want while holding the right power item while infected with pokerus = fastest and most efficient way to EV train.  

nitnit
Captain

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:44 pm
oh a pokemon can only have 510 Ev in total and 255 in one stat
so even after you use your Zinc and crap yo8u still need to finish you EV training

vitamins just cut down the amount of effort need to EV train wink  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:45 pm
16bit-Plumber

Just wanted to clear up that vitamins don't increase a stat past 100, so actually you could use more than ten if you brought it down with one of the EV reducing berries (pomeg, kelpsy etc), and that also means that in fact you cannot use a vitamin whenever you want. You should use vitamins ASAP as to not waste time.  

Itakio

Muleferdan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:50 pm
nitnit
Vitamins aren't really needed.

If you plan on doing EV training more in the long term, earn the power items in the BT, and trade someone for pokerus, and learn to spread it / contain it in your PC box.

Defeating proper enemy in the EV you want while holding the right power item while infected with pokerus = fastest and most efficient way to EV train.

I forgot to put my pokerus infected in PC one night and it disappeared...I'm so angry about it  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:55 pm
SCARY DRAGON
16bit-Plumber

Just wanted to clear up that vitamins don't increase a stat past 100, so actually you could use more than ten if you brought it down with one of the EV reducing berries (pomeg, kelpsy etc), and that also means that in fact you cannot use a vitamin whenever you want. You should use vitamins ASAP as to not waste time.
umm...I'm not sure if that true..since it has been proven that you can still EV train a pokemon at lvl 100

Edit:useing a even longer method of course  

16bit-Plumber

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 pm
16bit-Plumber
SCARY DRAGON
16bit-Plumber

umm...I'm not sure if that true..since it has been proven that you can still EV train a pokemon at lvl 100

16bit, whatchu talkin about? DRAGON is correct here, sure, you can still use vitamins at 100, but vitamins are the only way to EV "train" at level 100 since to gain EV points via battling you have to gain EXP points.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:57 pm
16bit-Plumber
SCARY DRAGON
16bit-Plumber

really how?  

iOath

Kunx990 the Roaming Bard

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:58 pm
I made this for you people  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:07 pm
You can gain EVs even at level 100 from battles. You use the box trick to increase the stats seeing as the Pokemon can not level up.  

Shigeru the Hero

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:09 pm
but this thread is about vitamins...which your thread doesn't cover

and to EV train a pokeon at level 100:
for every 4 Ev points that pokemon gets you put it in the PC then take it it out
rinse,wash and repeat
untill your have gotten the max amount of EV you need  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:54 pm
16bit-Plumber
SCARY DRAGON
16bit-Plumber

Sorry, I meant you can't use vitamins to boost the stat past 100 EVs.  

Itakio

miraiyouko

Dapper Bloodsucker

5,850 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Cleric 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 6:56 pm
Oh, this helps a lot. But the one question no one has answered: Can I give ten of whatever vitamin to a Pokemon at level 1? And if I do, does that help boost the stats?  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff