Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Role Playing IC and OOC
(Sur)realism Role-play Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:06 pm
Edits will be displayed in dark red.

Er, hello. I'm very new to role-play (particularly online), but I wanted to make a new thread available. I will define rules here, but you are welcome to correct me if I do something wrong.

Well then, without further ado,

I welcome you all to role-play!
This thread is loosely based upon the game Scion. It involves mortals with demigod-like powers.

Alright, to begin:This is a literate/semi-literate thread. Please use complete words if not sentences. Thank you.
Rules and Guidelines
- Please use this thread with decency; swearing is allowed, "flaming" is not. Any personal attacks are strictly forbidden. Please follow all terms as recommended by Gaia.
- Taking control of any other player or acting against a previous post is not allowed.
- Spamming
Violation of any of the aforementioned may result in a request for post deletion or, in more sever cases, a report. Please be courteous.

Erm, I cannot think of any other rules, really...

Posting
"Speech is in quotes"
*Actions in asterisks or written without any surrounding symbols*
[Out of role-play comments should be posted like this]
Please type thoughts in italics.

For characters, please use this format as a base:

Character Name:
Brief History: (Please put only what you think will be applicable to introduction, other information about your character will be revealed through action and dialogue)
Appearance: (Please write something. Also, if you're posting an image, please use a link rather than a direct source/code)
Ability/Artifact: (This should not give you almighty power, just an above average (that is to say, human) ability that you think might be useful.)
God Parent: (The name of a god. You may want to explain what they are god of to assist others...)
Occupation: (This role-play is set in a modern world. Jobs may vary between student to fire-fighter and sewage-worker to retiree)

That's all I can think of. (I apologize for being so wordy...)

Thank you!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:09 pm
Story: There is no definition of good or evil. A select few people from places across the globe discover that they are the sons or daughters of gods. Each person has been granted one artifact, disguised as an ordinary object, and/or skill by their god-parent. These demigods may meet up at various locations, deciding who to make alliances with and not. (Players are not granted knowledge of another players god parent unless that is their skill. This must be revealed by the player. Some skills and artifacts may make these things more obvious.) There is commotion among the gods (all mythologies are welcome) and a war is thought to happen soon. Each character must decide which side to defend (No actual fighting, please. At least, not until the alliances have been clearly defined). Meet, engage, defend.

NOTE: Certain Gods have fairly clear rivalries. In Grecian/Roman mythology, for example there is a feud between Zeus and Hades as well as Athena and Aphrodite. Players are welcomed to go against the ideas of their god-parents, but it would be nice if you had a real justification.
Ex.
"Osiris has ignored me and my mother all of my life; why should I want to side with him!?"
as opposed to
"I just want to fight on Zues's side 'cause he's got those cool zappy bolts!"

Thank you

Bellabie

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:10 pm
Character Example:

Character Name: Topher Bradley
Brief History: Brought up in an orphanage due to his mother dying during childbirth.
Appearance: Lanky with rather extravagant swooping hair. Generally dressed very well.
Ability/Artifact: A blow dryer that can reveal what a character has on their person. (This is troublesome to describe, so please bear with me.) When used, this artifact will give the receiver the notion that they've lost whatever was "on them." This may cause the character to wonder aloud where that item is or to search for it and reveal, if not the item itself, the whereabouts of a given item. (Please forgive the redundancy.) The blow dryer also works as an everyday salon item as well as a remedy for baldness, as it can cause hair growth however the wielder wishes.
God Parent: Hermes - The messenger god of wit, travel, invention, and thievery.

NOTE: This character is based off of one created by a man named Topher. I did not ask for permission to use his character, but I thought it a reasonable example of a creative touch. He invented the god-parent, artifact, and job, the rest I came up with as I saw fit.

EXTRA NOTE: If you wish to play as a human mortal, you are welcome to. Please specify this. The challenge of this role is that you may have to find a natural way to integrate yourself into the storyline.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:23 pm
(So far so good.)  

Walt-J-Rimmer

Wheezing Lunatic

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:24 pm
Walt-J-Rimmer
(So far so good.)

(((Thank you so much! I've never done any role-play before. I haven't made too many rules, have I?)))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:34 pm
[nice set of rules :3 and a good story biggrin i think ill join ;3 can i join with this? --- ill get another pic if neccesary :3:}

Character Name: Logen
Brief History: Logen's Father was killed by some Rival god of Artemis... and now Artemis is Gone to help another god
Occupation: None at the moment! but she was one of the most genious designers, but she didnt want to design anymore after she was 17 becouse she was bored with it!...
Ability/Artifact: she has really good aim, and she is a really good hunter and worrior / two daggers and a bow with unlimited arrows, and the arrows can go through anything!
God Parent: Artemis
My Appearence the link is to a pic of my character! but for you who just want to read the description: she is a half mouse half human, her eyes are purple as her hair... she has a tail of a mouse and a futuristic looking combat suit... she wears eye protecting glasseyes... and she has gloves that is integrated in the body suit the gloves has four fingers, on all other than the thumbs... this outfit is her own design

Wacram Glaziuz

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:46 pm
(((My, I didn't think that people would be coming already! Eep! I've never done this sort of thing, so if you would lend a hand I would very much appreciate it.

To Wacram Glazius (I hope that is spelled properly.):
The picture is fine, but I would appreciate it if you could post it as a link, though. As to save space and keep things as "uncluttered" as possible. Also, it may be a good idea to write your own description as well, because as of now you appear to be an anthropomorphic mouse(?) with purple hair and a fairly extravagant body-suit.

Should I add an age and occupation "section" as well?)))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:51 pm
[might be good to do :3 and age? to seattle that :3 ... umm, i dont know what more to add biggrin and you spelled my name wrong :3 its Wacram Glaziuz biggrin ]  

Wacram Glaziuz

Wacram Glaziuz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:53 pm
[and yes it is a Antrhopomorphic mouse biggrin ]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:54 pm
(((Edits have been made. As written at the top of the first post, they are written in a dark red.

Wacram, I sincerely apologize. Please forgive me.)))  

Bellabie

Wacram Glaziuz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:59 pm
[its okay ;3 ... how many people should join before we can begin?]  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:03 pm
Character Name: Brooke Blodgett
Brief History: Raised by her father, she's run away from home, him, and his new wife, Sercily. She's lived in New York City all of her life and cannot drive. She has graduated high school despite being below the average age.
Appearance: Mousy-blonde. A thin girl. Image copyright to Sc0orp Image copyright to JustJon
Ability/Artifact: A spool of thread from the Fates. It is unending and very strong. She also has a great ability for memory, but shows some traits of autism.
God Parent: Athena - Goddess of wisdom, battle-strategy, and craft (weaving, namely)

Bellabie

Bellabie

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:14 pm
Wacram Glaziuz

(((Erm, how many is customary?)))  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:16 pm
Bellabie
Wacram Glaziuz

(((Erm, how many is customary?)))

[dont really know but, 3-10 i would think... but its okay to start even if we are just two :3 ]  

Wacram Glaziuz

Wacram Glaziuz

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 8:25 pm
[*Logen was planning to getting out of New york... she had ditched her former company, the one she had designed for and the one she had started... or at least for now... she wanted a year of vacation... she didnt like the stress that she got from her work now days... she was driving a Lamborgini she loved her car... it was the only think that remembered her of her father... the car she had, was the last gift her father had given her, before he had died!... Logen then after driving a long distance from her apartment in the middle of the city saw a girl... Walking towards her destination... she then slowed down, and asked:*

"where do you want to go girl?"]  
Role Playing IC and OOC

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 84 85 86 87 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces