Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Back to Guilds

For fans new and old of CLAMP's crossover adventure, Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle. Fans of the anime, manga, or both - all are welcome! 

Tags: manga, tsubasa, clamp, xxxholic, cardcaptor sakura 

Reply Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild
Private High School Horitsuba Gakuen Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

retice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:03 am
I didn't see any topics about it, so I thought I'd post one 3nodding

Quote:
Horitsuba is the name of CLAMP's made up private school where the people of Tsubasa and holic attend in an alternate universe. Yuuko is the principal, Kurogane is the PE teacher, Fai is the chemistry (?) teacher, and Syaoran, Sakura, Watanuki, Doumeki, and Himawari are students. |D They mostly live in drama cds but this is the first manga version. CLAMP is crazy!awesome and they love their characters.

Explanation credited to Hoshisenshi, found here.

Like Hoshisenshi says, the radiobook combines characters from both Tsubasa and XXXholic, like Sakura, Syaoran, Fai, Kurogane, both Mokonas, Doumeki, Watanuki, Himawari and Yuuko. However, not only do we see them, but also the other Syaoran, who seems to be like the Freya to Syaoran's Chii. They are an amusing duo.
Scan taken from here.

There's actually an episode of the anime, episode 37, in which Sakura, Syaoran, Fai and Kuro get thrown into a storybook, and it's up to Mokona's imagination to get them out. They are appropriately chibified with cute little backdrops and floating love bubbles and giant Mokona-shaped sunflowers that try and eat Kurogane, and it's hilarious. But the point is, Mokona takes them to a setting it "knows very well!" in the second half of the episode. Three guesses where?
Screencaps found here.

Has anybody else heard of this? Do you think it's a good idea? If you were a student at Horitsuba, who's class would you want to take? If you were a caller on Sakura and Watanuki's radio show, what would you ask them? Do you like the new twin!Syaoran dynamic, or do you find it random? Please discuss! whee

Edit:
New scans for Horitsuba can be found translated on the internet. In it it's revealed to us that R!Syao is called "Syaoron" and Cloney is "Syaoran." Syaoron likes Sakura (and it appears to be returned), while Syaoran finds the two of them amusing and basically acts like Tomoyo did in CCS, pushing them together and acting smug over their embarassment.

Now this is where it gets confusing, so read carefully: Yuui and Fai are both in it as twins too. Yuui is the cooking teacher, while Fai is the chemistry teacher(?).
In the NORMAL Tsubasa manga, OUR Fai's real name is YUUI, while his deceased twin's real name was FAI.
However, in HORITSUBA, OUR Fai is still FAI, while his twin is YUUI. Therefore, Fai = the one who teases Kurogane and tag-teams with Yuuko and acts happy-go-lucky. Yuui = Fai's twin from Italy who came to work as the cooking teacher at Horitsuba.
At least, this is all true for the scanlations I found. If this is incorrect anywhere else, please let me know. =)

Edit 2:
Just in case you were not already aware, the Horitsuba radio show is available in Japanese with English subtitles on youtube. I don't think I can link to it here without breaking the Gaia TOS, but all you have to do is search for "Horitsuba" and it'll be the first result. There are several episodes of it and they're all adorable~  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 12:30 am
I read a manga version of it and I think it's great. I love it!  

Marusera

retice

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 3:15 pm
Right, same here. =3 I'm also greatly amused by the Fai and Yuuko tag team. Kurogane-sensei's worst nightmare!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:31 pm
Horitsuba is wonderful! It's great to see all the characters interacting in a normal environment. I definitely want to see more Horitsuba in the future.  

Lieutenant Lucy Lives

inmypod

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:58 am
I've only read one manga chapter and it was one of the greatest things of my life!
I wish I knew where to get some more.
Can any of you guys help me?!?
PLEASE~ 3nodding

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 6:59 pm
inmypod
I've only read one manga chapter and it was one of the greatest things of my life!
I wish I knew where to get some more.
Can any of you guys help me?!?
PLEASE~ 3nodding

I'm actually still doing the investigating for myself too. It's not something you could buy at Barnes and Noble, apparently. I think it's scanlated only on the internet. I hope they bring it here =0  

retice

Setzer__Gabbiani

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:26 am
The omake was great ^_^ so were the two radioplays though since I can't understand japanese I had to read the script while listening to them.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 8:13 pm
Bumped for second installment!  

retice

xshindou_shuichix

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:04 pm
If you go to the CLAMP news now communtiy on livejournal they usually have information anything new in clamp including the Horitsuba installment.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:42 pm
i wanna read all the mangas . . . probably will take me forever . . . i read the manga's over the internet. can't say though . . . i read rave master there too . . . i forgot where i stopped though . . . oh well . . . lol  

Sir Chancellor

Premium Wife

3,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Consumer 100

Gothams Finest

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:18 am
i heard i think the third drama track, it was a Horitsuba-based treasure hunt! OwO Yuui was the prize XD at first i was only half listening, without translations, and i heard someone go "yasashiburii, yuui!" and a little while later i kind of paused, went "EH??!" and rewound it XP

I'm writing a Horitsuba-based KuroFai fanfic if anyone's interested, but it wont be posted for a while as i'm gonna finish it before i put it on the internet because i just wont finish it otherwise XD  
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:31 am
I love Holitsuba Gakuen. How the students and the teachers always enjoy a peaceful day with adventures and surprises - not to mention the Yuuko-sensei punishing Kurogane-sensei. *laughs*  

Nyanko Tsukishiro

retice

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:28 pm
Bumped for additional information. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:36 pm
i read the manga of it and it was so funny. i luv chapter 3 or was it 2 when they had that party and fai came in a girls kimono. i was laughing so hard i dropped my computer.  

FishandChips425

5,650 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250

DarkSideDragon06

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:15 am
They are hard to find but I always go to Youtube. I really wish they would bring it over but I have much doubt.  
Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff