A couple of days ago I wrote this piece while traveling home on the train.

Quote:
He stood up as everyone slowly shuffled off the aircraft, his heart was pounding in his chest as he picked up his bag, walking into the terminal. He collected his bag and went through customs, his heart continually pounding as he walked to where they'd meet, for the very first time.
He looked at the crowd, not seeing her yet, but knowing she was there somewhere. He walked to one side, still trying to find her. He had come a long way, and had waited a long time for this... And soon it would be worth it.
He turned as he heard her voice calling out to him, she ran over to him, stopping a few meters away, she was nervous... He was as well. They stood there for a few seconds, looking into each other eyes. He wanted to talk, but didn't know what to say, she stepped forward nervously, he suddenly hugged her and nuzzled her neck, whisper "I'm here" A tear streamed down his face as he felt her arms wrap around him.
She was shorter than he was, but he didn't care. He'd been waiting for this all his life. They were finally together.

It's quite short, but I like it.