candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:28 am
So, I just recently noticed when looking at my outfits that my blue eyes change colors depending on what I wear... Don't belive me...

User Image

User Image - User Image - User Image

When weearing teal and lime green colors they stay the bright aqua blue they are. When wearing purples they change to a purple grey. When wearing, warm colors, golds, oranges, yellows, and reds without any green or blues they change to a slate grey. O_o Its only something that is visible when romanis are in use, wich works nicely for me since thier the only black glasses I wear these days, I just found it an interesting occurance that I haven't realived ever until now. surprised

Interesting no?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:34 am
yeah! for awhile I couldnt figure what color eyes you have.
One day I was like" oh she has grey eyes" then the next you changed you outfit and I was like "wait a minute.. whats wroung with me .. they are blue" xd

yeah thats really strange. whee heart  

Plaid_Panda

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:03 am
Plaid_Panda
One day I was like" oh she has grey eyes" then the next you changed you outfit and I was like "wait a minute.. whats wroung with me .. they are blue" xd

xd I always have and always will have blue eyes, Much like my eyes in real life they adjust to the colors Im wearing. xd  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:15 pm
=O How odd it that! I guess each color you're wearing brings out that color in your eyes. But it's so dramatic... weird, but cool!  

EL EE OH.

Shadowvein

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:00 pm
You could probably do that with SLIK shades too, I'd assume.

Nonetheless, a cool find biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:26 pm
surprised That's really quite cool.
I never noticed before.

alhandra patchoulii

Sors

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:17 pm
Yep I''ve noticed that on some other people too. It''s quite fun to play with. Mine only go from bright gold to light orange though. confused  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:19 pm
Yep I've noticed that on some other people too. It's quite fun to play with. Mine only go from bright gold to light orange though. confused  

Sors

Neko Pon Pon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 5:10 pm
Yes, It used to happen to be a lot too... this weird effect happens to different parts of the lips too for some reason. I think it's pretty awesome though.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:00 pm
Fanta5y
Yes, It used to happen to be a lot too... this weird effect happens to different parts of the lips too for some reason. I think it''s pretty awesome though.

Ive noticed that sometimes I dont have a mouth. xd  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Plaid_Panda

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:54 am
candycrack
Plaid_Panda

xd I always have and always will have blue eyes, Much like my eyes in real life they adjust to the colors Im wearing. xd
wow, your really lucky to have blue eyes. Sadly I have greenish brown eyes.. wait my change too SCORE! mad heart  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 4:15 pm
That happens with me, too... my eyes swtch from a bright, clear blue to a darker blue depending on my clothes. And I know why it happens, too!

Gaia avatars are saved in 256-color mode. While you are equipping items, they have a higher number of colors, but when you save, the saved image that appears at the top of the page, on your Profile page, and next to your posts is in 256-color mode, to cut down on loading times! The reduction in the number of colors tends to be most noticeable on small areas of unique color, of which eyes are often a perfect example. For instance:

User ImageMy Butterferret outfit. Since this avatar contains more than one area of pale blue, the pale blue is deemed an 'important' color, and is kept My eyes stay blue, though it's difficult to tell with the glasses... just look closely!

As opposed to:
User ImageThe Ferret of the High Seas outfit contains no pale blue aside from the eyes; rather, it focuses on red, black, and gray-white. Thus, these colors are the ones kept, and the eyes get color-changed to the nearest shade of gray.

And this, my dear friends, is why objects that are normally only slightly off-color might match almost perfectly when saved!  

Lucca Ashtear

[waffles]

Dedicated Loiterer

7,300 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 1:02 pm
Are you sure it's the clothing and not the hair that makes a difference? All three of your examples have different hair! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:57 pm
[waffles]
Are you sure it's the clothing and not the hair that makes a difference? All three of your examples have different hair! 3nodding

Positive, its the colors. I can show you examples with every hairstyle Ive ever had. XD  

candycrack
Captain

Fashionable Glitch

11,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 7:48 am
oooo thats wonderful!! i really like to dress up mah avvie so it brings out mah eyes, i ussually go for greens and it works, and that's why!! yeay!! whee  

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games