Reply 46: Anarchist's Manifesto
I've been banned from an Anarchist Guild

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

darcyshirley33

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2007 12:49 pm
I'd like to hear everyone's views on the problems of trying to bring together a group of people who believe in anarchy.

Obviously, in my case, getting booted from an anarchist guild had a lot to do with differing in opinions of what anarchy really means. The mods created hierarchical power structures, which I questioned and pointed out as inherently not anarchist and completely unecessary for the operation of the guild. In some cases, the construction of hierarchies is hard to avoid in our society. In some instances, it would be impossible to form a group without having a hierarchy, simply because our society demands that the existence of certain groups have that (if the maintenance of the group depends on donations, etc., or say if you wanted your group to be recognized politically, there are certain guidelines you'd have to legally follow that may threaten the integrity of your anarchism). But there can sometimes be cases where a hierarchy is constructed unecessarily, simply BELIEVING that hierarchy is necessary. I believe there's an anarchist guild on gaia that gives all members crew status, so everyone virtually has equal power. The fact that there can be a guild that exists doing that shows that having a guild members' crew status depending upon whether or not he/she gives large donations and is deemed "loyal" to the guild by other crew members is totally unecessary and certainly questionable.

I think this unity issue is one of the biggest problems in trying to form anarchist relations in western society. How do you suppose, if it's possible, people can get over this? How does one go about finding these other people, and not construct an unecessary power system?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:37 pm
Well, I said ******** 'em and left of my own choice cause I was so annoyed. That being said...thoughts tomorrow. Head is low on the thought processing.  

ashemountain

ObscureEnigma

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:47 pm
Hierarchy in Anarchy = What the ********? What kind of bullshit is that? And YOU got banned from it? Can we say LOL?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 9:13 pm
even in anarchy there is hierarchy, social at least, not necesarily someone that has more power than other but someone that has more trust, or whatever it can make the mases to follow him/her, and to be called anarchist and do not respect someone's opinion, thats just contradictory.  

Nitro-kun

Axle_Kink

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:12 pm
As you pointed out, in some circumstances a hierarchy is a nessessary evil. However, running a guild isn't one of them. In fact, it's rather hard to believe that one would feel the need for such a thing under the circumstances.

However, some people are just like that. It's an unfortunate truth. And thay usually aren't too open to education about other alternatives. Shrug and move on, friend.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:22 am
unfourtneatly anarchy will only work if you get enough intellegent dedicated people to form one,and in our society that wont ********  

Nerdninja-TJ-

Gotenke

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:05 am
I Call those kind of People Posers  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:08 pm
Nitro-kun
even in anarchy there is hierarchy, social at least, not necesarily someone that has more power than other but someone that has more trust, or whatever it can make the mases to follow him/her, and to be called anarchist and do not respect someone's opinion, thats just contradictory.

You just have to constantly examine and question the operations of the hierarchies members.  

Taylor_169

46: Anarchist's Manifesto

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff