Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:12 am
Whats that some may say. Well it's school... over the internet in the comfort of your own home. I was enrolled this year cuz for the third time in 2 years, I'm back in my hometown. After moving all over the place I was sucked back here... I hate the school and pretty much the whole town except one person, so my brother and I pursued cyber school. Our 'Cyber Liason' [basically a rep from the school] set us up with ONE class to start with [Literature for me, grammar for Pat] and if it was too hard for us or if we didnt like it we could be put back into public school. We were told the courses were fast paced and hard, but after two days of working on it I've come to realize otherwise. It is beyond easy. I did three days worth of work in about 3 hours today. We were told we had to be logged on for 5-6 hours, but 5 hours on one course = a bit brutal so I stopped at 3. Meh, I thought I would inform you all.

Ps. cyber school is a good alternative if you are like me, anti-social and have no time for other students and their pathetic antics. Oh, and who could deny being able to sleep in and do work whenever you want ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 11:57 am
I wondered when this would come along... I think it's a good idea. Especially for the 'misfits'.  

Divinity Rage

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 12:24 pm
I was in a cyber school for awhile.
I didn't mind it, my only problems was that at the time we had no scanner for some of the work that should be scanned and the requirements for how long you should be logged on.
Those time requirements were the most annoying thing.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:21 pm
I want to, but I'm not allowed... So, im doing running start.
Ha, I fail.  

Toasterladd

Ether-Eating Eskimo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:08 am
I go to one of those. smile

But I'm in the gifted program, so I actually go to school 2-3 days a week.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:02 pm
school? only if its a all ladies school the only one id go to lol  

Vaze-xzx

TheOriginalNonEmo

6,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:07 am
Jadyn_Fortysix
I wondered when this would come along... I think it's a good idea. Especially for the 'misfits'.

By not going to school, "misfits" are confirming their anti social stattus ... unless you want that label all you life school is probably your best bet.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:54 pm
Hmmm, interesting.  

x_Yui Tsukioka_x

Substance-E

Newbie Noob

3,550 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:24 am
Jadyn_Fortysix

Actually the best thing for people who are anti social and what not is to put them in a public setting. It would be like locking an addict in a medical supply closet if you let them be alone all the time.

And if people make fun of them for being "different" then they need to butch up and face them. My freind jack'd a guy in the mouth for taunting him and calling him a devil worshiper...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:26 am
Ok, so I'm about a week and a half into cyber school and I find that I have close to nothing to do because I was given only one class... which was rather dumb on their part being that I'm supposed to spend 5 hours on the computer, yet I an only allowed to turn in 3 lessons every 7 days. On my second day, I worked for about 4 hours and got 3 lessons done, the next day I went to turn in a lesson and it told me I could only do 3 lessons in 7 days... So I didn't do anything for a week and Mom called the school to get my brother and I some more classes. Although we still havn't received our books and the classes weren't added yet.
-A very bored Jingles  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:16 pm
huh

well if you're that antisocial then what are your hobbies?

hontestly if i didnt go to school i would have never found sound crew, which has begun my life long love of sound equipment.

Im currently enrolled in college online myself, i went to a regualer college for a year but couldnt stand the college mentality of

YARG, I HAVES DE MONEYS, I BUYS DAH BEER, I IS DRUNK, YAYYYY
*vomit then pass out*

am i hontestly the only one who wants a dry martini and a good disscussion?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:27 am
I'm not that anti-social... I just hate [most] people and don't care to talk to them at all. I've got my main group of friends which is often referred to the 'gang' by us and my Mom. That consists of my bf, my two best friends [who are also together] and my brother... his gf doesn't quite fit in with the group because she's a b***h. Anyway, my other group is mainly the friends who introduced me to the Goth lifestyle... I'm not gonna take the time to explain them, but there are like 4 girls, and 4 boys. Those are really all the friend I want and need, so I don't see the point of talking to anyone else... plus with the school I'd be going to I already know everyone... literally everyone and none of them are people I would wanna even do a science project with. [yah, they are that bad]  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:28 am
Your going to be involved in social situations your whole life, so going to public school would be a better road to take then cyber school if your anti social. The enviorment there teaches you how to deal with certain cituations that you won't learn to get around with if your not put into them. You just have to deal with "annoying people" a little, and if people start screwing with you because your "an outcast" or a "loner" then you know what? It's time to learn how stand up and save your own a** because running away from the problem isn't going to solve anything! Get out there and deal with it!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 12:52 pm
Me staying in a public school is a bad idea, trust me. This town is worse then you might imagine. I would end up getting arrested for something I didn't do. I almost got charged for dealing drugs two years ago in this school because someone stole my inhaler [yes I have asthma] and tried getting high with it, then they told everyone I sold it to them for $1 a crack. I only got off because I had no history of being in trouble. Plus, kids in this town are really bad, they almost all do drugs and vandalize s**t. One kid shot the opposing soccer team's goalie in the leg just because we were losing. Really, in this area, cyber school is the best option- and colleges around here would rather a kid from cyber school then a kid from this public school.  

LazyDruid

6,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Trader 100
  • Citizen 200

XxLovely_MiseriesxX

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:20 pm
I wouldnt mind trying a cyber school, but it has its ups and downs. Id get bored sitting on the computer all day. But staying at home would be nice...  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff