Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Net Slum [a guild for .hack fans]

Back to Guilds

A guild for fans of the anime/game series, dot hack. 

Tags: dot hack, .hack//sign, .hack//G.U., .hack, skeeeeeeeeiiiiiiiittthhh 

Reply @Home
Tie it Together

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fun?
  Sounds like it.
  Not really...
View Results

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:56 pm
Around a year ago I was doing a bit of research on facts about .Hack due to the fact that I had just finished reading the second .Hack//A.I book. On a whim, I thought that it would be a fun undertaking to connect everything; and I mean everything. The world of .Hack has always been an interest to me because of the fact that everything, everyone, seems to be connected.

However, The World has continued to grow, now including a whole new anime and three new games as well. By the time I decided to take up this task, there were two problems, mainly that bouncing around through the books, games, and anime as they came out jumbled everything up (there does seem to be an ‘order of events’, they just didn’t all come out in the right order. For example, A.I came out after the first for games). And secondly, it’s a daunting task to do alone. I couldn’t really interest the only other person in real life I know that enjoys .Hack to help me.

But tonight I started thinking; maybe everyone here in the guild would like to help, and we could all work together as a group. I know there are a lot of things I’ve missed that you guys here will remember. I myself plan to go back and re-read/re-watch/re-play everything that I can in order, taking notes as I go.

Basically, my plan for those interested in helping, is to gather notes on every character mentioned in every .Hack released thus far. Even if it was just a walk on appearance, if they have a name, I’m going to collect that data. Ultimately, I want to graph it all together with names, pictures, and connecting lines on a very, very big sheet of poster board.

For those that end up submitting things, I suggest a simple to use form.

Username-
Real Life Name-(If applicable)
NPC, AI, or PC-
Connection-(repeat as needed)

So it should end up looking something like this.

Username- Aura
Real Life Name- N/A
NPC, AI or PC- AI
Connection- Gave Kite the Twilight Bracelet
Connection2- Data Drained by Skeith
Connection3- Harold’s ‘daughter’

(If anyone has any better ways to organize that, let me know. I’m always open to suggestions and I know that isn’t the best).  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Data  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Legendary Twinblade Kite

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 1:43 am
Well you cant really call Aura an NPC. i mean physically eys, and she only exists inside the world but she doesnt do just set things or is put there as a shop. I think she just has her own catagory of AI.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 9:59 am
Legendary Twinblade Kite
Well you cant really call Aura an NPC. i mean physically eys, and she only exists inside the world but she doesnt do just set things or is put there as a shop. I think she just has her own catagory of AI.

Ah, thanks! I forgot all about the AI cateogry ^^;; I agree with you on that though; when I put down NPC I knew it didn't sound right, but I must have blanked, lol. I will change that.  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Puppetry

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:11 pm

I'm pretty sure the .Hack Wikia has all of the information you're looking for.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 7:58 am
Harakibi

I'm pretty sure the .Hack Wikia has all of the information you're looking for.

http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/.hack//Wiki

Ooo, really? Thats one site I haven't run across yes, so thank you very much. If it does, I can go straight to putting things on my very big poster thingy XD  

Kitkumi

9,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

drgnkng1354

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:04 pm
Yeah, that website is awesome for info 3nodding

@Home

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash