Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The AMV Guild
Help with Ripping Dvd's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:15 pm
Okay I finally got my import Blood Plus dvd's (yay me) and I was wondering how to rip dvd's thats all Thank You  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:41 am
Well, that is going to depend upon the region coding of the DVDs. If they are anything but Region 0 or your native region you will need a firmware update to your DVD drive in order to play the DVDs. In my case I have a Sony deck that I downloaded a firmware update for that allows me to play any DVD from any region. Some give you the ability to change region up to 5 times as well. Obviously not a permanent fix, but it will work for a short time. If you need help with the firmware PM me and I will help you locate the correct updates.

Secondly you will need a DVD ripping program such as SmartRipper or DVD-decryptor. I personally use DVD-decryptor which you can get in the AMVapp. SmartRipper, however, might be a bit easier for a new user.

Both of these are FREE! o:!  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

MalXII

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 7:22 pm
Mr_Pilkington

Secondly you will need a DVD ripping program such as SmartRipper or DVD-decryptor. I personally use DVD-decryptor which you can get in the AMVapp. SmartRipper, however, might be a bit easier for a new user.

if dvd-decryptor is too hard for someone, they have more problems than ripping dvds |:  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 8:39 pm
MalXII
Mr_Pilkington

if dvd-decryptor is too hard for someone, they have more problems than ripping dvds |:

Smartripper has a far more user friendly interface. But admittedly DVD decyrpter has far more options  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Falconone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:59 am
The DVD Decrypter is very good i use it also. And i dont have any problem with it.
Get the AMVapp that is all what you need for a AMV ok and a Programm to cut the Video XD  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:59 pm
thanks i'll try it  

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

Falconone

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:56 pm
Which programm do you use? there are many ways to come to the finish...  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:55 pm
this would be my first time ripping dvd's  

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:51 pm
okay another question what do i with the iso and other files ?  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:32 pm
The ripped files get loaded into DGindex for sorting and D2V conversion. Thats why its best to DL the AMVApp. It gives you all of the tools plus its dl page has the whole of the AMVapp tutorial and ripping guide.  

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:04 pm
hmm Dvd Decrypter only gives me one ep  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:49 pm
Only one ep? As in it didn't rip the entire DVD or it didn't divide the files properly? Did you only selecet one file? --because sometimes you can only rip one ep at a time depending on the DVD.  

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Shinigami_Eyes_Dante661

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:27 pm
there are 8 eps per cd  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:28 am
DVDdecrypter uses the same basic interface as any MS based exploring program. To the left there is a file browser which can be laid out in 2 ways: by VOB file, or by IFO Data.
see below:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The "File" setup allows you to locate the VOB files and rip those directly to disc and even provides you the filesize of the .vob. This is handy because you know exactly were the video files are located simply by the filesize. Basically the largest files are your video(s).
see below:

The IFO setup is the most powerful feature and easiest to understand, it gives you the ability to brows each chapter of the DVD and find the specified videos by length. IE: VST06, 07 and 08 all have 28:32 minute segments, those MUST be the episodes. Nice and easy! smile Likewise it also give you the specified chapters within the VST. IE: In most DVDs you can skip the opening and certain parts of the show, lets say there is prelude to each ep, then the opening, then part 1 before the commercial break, then part 2 after, followed by the credits, and finally the preview of the following ep. the prelude would the Chapter 1, the opening Chapter 2, part1 of the show Chapter 3 and so on. This way you can save space and only rip the parts you needs. The prelude and preview are usually just filler, so you can focus on Chapters 3 and 4, thus saving TONs of filespace! 3nodding
see below:

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

The AMV Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces