Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Grammar Guild

Back to Guilds

The Gaian Grammar Guild is a refuge for the literate, a place for them to post and read posts without worrying about the nonsensical ones. 

Tags: grammar, literate, english, language 

Reply Gaian Grammar Guild
I Want to be an English Teacher. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Starry Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:28 pm
I'm going to change the world with my grammar skills. I'm going to become an english teacher. My grammar isn't perfect yet but I plan of getting alot better soon. It feels good to be doing something for the world.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:17 am
Good luck with your noble ambition. I teach French at an uni here. Not my uni, though. Life would've been a lot easier if I taught there. The uni where I teach stresses me out. I find more often than not that I have to explain English grammar first before the students understand French grammar. I wasn't hired to be an English teacher gonk They're already supposed to know that from kindergarten! scream  

applecyder

DarkElf27

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:45 am
applecyder
Good luck with your noble ambition. I teach French at an uni here. Not my uni, though. Life would've been a lot easier if I taught there. The uni where I teach stresses me out. I find more often than not that I have to explain English grammar first before the students understand French grammar. I wasn't hired to be an English teacher gonk They're already supposed to know that from kindergarten! scream
I always did learn more about English grammar through my German classes. whee  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:58 am
Seriously, become the grammar goddess!

Too many people bash me for having aspirations of becoming an English teacher. Don't let them squander your dreams, because teaching really is the most noble cause!  

Chocolatepanacea

xE-Cappucino-3x

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:17 am
Nice! My first choice was to be a teacher in English too. But now I've made my real choice. To be an Ophthalmologist. For the eyes. It seems cool to study. xD  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:52 am
I'm an English teacher substitute teaching in Michigan (where there are no jobs sweatdrop ). My biggest piece of advice is that you can't go into teaching just because you like English. It really has to be because you love kids too or you'll find that you hate it. See if you can visit other teachers' classrooms or teach some of their lessons. Most of your high school teachers will be thrilled to have you come back and visit. Unfortunately, most colleges don't let you into the classroom to actually teach until you're so far into your degree that it's too late to change your mind even if you discover that you hate it. If you have any questions or concerns about teaching, feel free to pm me!  

Annikaya

Obiageli

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:46 am
I am an English teacher. I teach high school sophomores. I love teaching. I have a lot of fun with my lessons. There is no job that is more creative. However, I spend my life grading essays. I catch up on "life" during the summer. Let me know if you need any help.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:58 pm
I'm getting along great right now. I'm in college currently and I love it. I think it'll be a success. I want to be an English teacher like I said above because it will greatly improve my ability to write what i love to write (witch is everything) and i will be able to teach others what I've learned. The reason why I was even able to find my love for writing again is because I had a really great English teacher in the 10th grade that was awesome. smile  

o--Starlight Angel--o

Shikaeii

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:32 am
Good luck in achieving this! Teaching is a very important job because it teaches the next generation about the things that they must do in life (and in your case, you are teaching children proper grammar and spelling... and everything to do with the English language.)

I cannot decide whether to be an English teacher for foreign students or a veterinarian.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:58 pm
Annikaya
I'm an English teacher substitute teaching in Michigan (where there are no jobs sweatdrop ). My biggest piece of advice is that you can't go into teaching just because you like English. It really has to be because you love kids too or you'll find that you hate it. See if you can visit other teachers' classrooms or teach some of their lessons. Most of your high school teachers will be thrilled to have you come back and visit. Unfortunately, most colleges don't let you into the classroom to actually teach until you're so far into your degree that it's too late to change your mind even if you discover that you hate it. If you have any questions or concerns about teaching, feel free to pm me!

At my college, one is required to take an orientation course, and in this course, they have us observe a person who works in the field we have chosen. I observed an English teacher at my old high school, and I think I'll enjoy teaching seniors. They're the ones who get to read all the good stuff. ^_^

I never envisioned myself being an English teacher; I always thought I'd be an author. However, I'll use my gift for good. Plus, during the summer, I'll have plenty of time off to work on my novels and stories. Everyone wins!

OmG NoMoR3

Xx_Murderous Doll_xX

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 2:51 pm
Tally-ho, then. (:  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:46 pm
Good luck! I hope you enjoy teaching, then.

My friend told my English teacher that I might teach English. He chuckled and told me not to be a dork like him.

O_o  

Argent Wraith

ChibiStarlet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 4:01 pm
Best of luck to you! It's a noble profession, but definitely not an easy one. I agree with a previous poster who said that you need to love teaching others and kids, not just the grammar aspect, in order to be able to survive. But if you think about it, and you observe some people and you try your hand at it and decide you still like it, more power to you!!

I'm currently in my second year of teaching 9th, 10th, and 11th grade English. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions of anything I can help with.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:39 pm
DarkElf27
applecyder
I agree completely. My German teacher is teaching me so much about English that it's not even funny.

I, too, aspire to be an English teacher. First I wanted to be a vet, then an author. But now I've decided on something realistic. Teaching seems like a good profession to me. Good luck to you!  

Cherished Strawberries

950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

applecyder

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 12:44 pm
greenrider_calidar
DarkElf27
applecyder
I agree completely. My German teacher is teaching me so much about English that it's not even funny.

I, too, aspire to be an English teacher. First I wanted to be a vet, then an author. But now I've decided on something realistic. Teaching seems like a good profession to me. Good luck to you!

It seems that most teachers want to be authors. I've dreamed becoming a writer ever since I was 9. I guess it goes hand in hand. A person with horrendous grammar wouldn't want to spend hours and hours writing.  
Gaian Grammar Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff