" I just got back from a tournament " thread Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:56 pm
Glorious wins, devastating losses. Everybody has them. In this thread we open our eyes and ears for each other so that we may share our wisdom.

Tell us your story.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 5:59 pm
So yeah. I just got back from one, it wasnt that big, maybe 14 people or so, almost everybody a good player. As you might have guessed I got my a** handed to me, but I had a lot of fun because I beat the star rookie once in the losers bracket mrgreen
after the tourney there was free play, I played doubles (I teamed up with a guy from school) and we made a pretty good team. I used to think that I sucked at doubles, but I think today I did better than usual.

afterwards I played friendlies against the guy I lost to in my first round in the tourney, and I beat him. I knew I could cool and I did.  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:28 am
Two weeks ago I went to a tourney in chicago. Surprisingly enough, I got pretty far (double elimination. Lost second round, went another 4 rounds further in the losers bracket). I did several friendlies with some of the local pros, and did rather well. I think playing these other players forced my fingers to move at a faster rate, and got more of the advanced techniques to work (i.e. more consistent with L-canceling, wavelanding, etc.)

Good matches, beat some of the pros, and can't wait for my next tourney this coming sunday.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 11:50 am
i have never found a tournament emo  

Lamenting Shadows

7,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 1:51 pm
There haven't been any tournaments recently, but about 7 weeks ago I competed in a high school tournament. It was actually pretty big, over 100 people competed (maybe 20 of them were actually good). I got lucky and was matched up against a lot of noobies at first, so I breezed my way through for a little while. I ended up taking 6th, mainly because I was stupid enough to use Ice Climbers against a Peach player. Curse single elimination tournaments evil  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 10:14 pm
single elimination? ouch. added pressure and all that. still, sounds like you had fun overall what with destroying the noobs.

also, nice! you placed top ten!  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:15 pm
Amazing-Ness287
single elimination? ouch. added pressure and all that. still, sounds like you had fun overall what with destroying the noobs.

also, nice! you placed top ten!

Yeah, it was a lot of fun. There wasn't much time for friendlies, though, too many people were competing.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:13 pm
There hasn't been any tournaments that I've heard of in my area for a long time, but I've never been to one.  

king Hippo

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:00 pm
then try to start a smash scene xd

heh, i say it like its easy, but its a lot of work... probably too much for most people.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:11 am
Can't wait for sunday. ^ ^ I'll try to record some matches may-haps, if I can get a camera and someone nice enough to record for me.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

moose_tail

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:53 pm
I was in a tournament once, well actually twice
but it was only at my schools Wake a Thon....
and our school is small so ... small tournament...

anyway, we all had to team up with a partner (wich we didnt get to pick) and then your alone for the 4 finalists..

anyway, the guy i was with was good, but not good at being in teams
so we lost.....

if i was with my brother we would have done so good!!
he is the only one im good with in teams
then we had a free for all and my brother (donkey kong) me (pikachu)
battled againts the winners..
and guess who one...
we were a good team
then people tried to beat us, but they couldnt
now of my causins were there different storie...
anyway im gonna stop babbling now....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:11 pm
I've been planing one with some friends for awhile, I'm not sure when its going to happen though...  

MONKIE LAD

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:04 am
That tourney on that sunday I was talking about... didn't go (my car has a hole in the exhaust, so I called "car johns").

Johns = Excuses

Anyway, I went to a smashfest last week. Played against Eddie (one of the top Ganondorf's in the country). I had some close matches, and a lot more 4 stocks (He four stocked me). He's damn good.

Played against another Samus player there too. Oddly enough, I beat his Samus, but lost to his IC's and Marth. The funny thing, is that when I played him at the last tourney I went to, he mopped the floor with me with his Samus. I got the match were I beat him on tape, so expect some matches soon (gotta wait for my buddy to upload them).

I also got some Warlock Punches off on people too (or spooked them enough to where they wouldn't go for the ledge). ^ ^ Also on tape.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:55 pm
I went to a video game store tournament, and I got in second place because I matched up with most of my friends and I beat them with my ness but then I played a samus player who was okay and I lost but I got a "who are you" shirt from nintendo for getting second

then I got first place In a high school tournament with my ness... I didn't know how to wave dash back then but now I know and I'm much better  

NkGuy

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:35 pm
SBT: so, you beat his samus, then he beat you with IC, then Marth? It was double elimination I assume? Isn't there a rule where the winner can't change their character? meaning, he had to pick IC again in the third round?

Kakashi-the best ninga
I went to a video game store tournament, and I got in second place because I matched up with most of my friends and I beat them with my ness but then I played a samus player who was okay and I lost but I got a "who are you" shirt from nintendo for getting second

then I got first place In a high school tournament with my ness... I didn't know how to wave dash back then but now I know and I'm much better

Wow, someone who mains ness besides me! I want to play you! gonk  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces