Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
A Guild Wide Announcement ((a demotion, and general speech)) Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nitnit
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:42 pm
This is a lengthy thread about my final decision to demote Rina ((Camoflauged_Angel)) to the rank of crew... She has the option to remain crew. It's also a message to everyone here.

Prelude

When I was thinking of who would be my vice captains, I wanted 2. You see, Vice Captains, are practically co-owners of the guild. After the banning/unbanning fiasco, I felt that we needed someone who could fix things if something like that happened again. Naturally, I chose Kunx, because I've known him for a while now, and even though none of you see it, him and I speak at length over AIM about the guild, and what we're planning with it and whatnot. Even since the days of D/P he has been... my right hand man... and even more, my friend.

The second person I was considering, was Rina. She was there from the start of this guild, and is very active. I let her run the art subforum, and she showed ability to do said task. Now... what most of you may not know is that back in D/P, Rina and I used to fight... a lot. She would undermine and argue every point I ever made... even when most of the time it wasn't even a valid point, just her personal tastes...

For a while, the complaining undermining Rina had faded away... and she was, for a good amount of time, a really nice person. She would contribute, and was mostly kind hearted... Until I promoted her that is.

quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

That's a famous Latin saying meaning "Who will guard the guards?". Now, in this guild, I view the crew as guards if you will. They are among you, posting, being helpful, and most of all, making sure that nobody does anything really bad. The ranks of Captain and Vice Captain are meant more to guard the guards themselves... to make sure that the people who are servicing you guys, aren't actually really mean, and breaking the rules themselves.

This is something that Rina never did... While she was active, she mostly wrote completely off topic spam, and never in the chatterbox. The problem with this is that we have a Chatterbox subforum for a reason... if you want to go talk about Harry Potter, or Full Metal Alchemist, or whatever silly thing you want... go make a thread in there.

She's taken many threads, typically those that are not related to pokemon ((since she rarely ever posts in those for some reason)) and changed the topic to something that interests her... typically by posting things like "IM BORED" then bringing up another topic.

When you look at your reflection... is that all you want it to be?

That's a line from a song that I like very much ((Right Where it Belongs by Nine Inch Nails)). This is the question I ask of you Rina...

I offered you the position of Vice Captain... Co-Owner... Left hand lady... etc. of this guild... the most active, and if we put in a little more work ((invites and whatnot)) the #1 pokemon guild on gaia. I know that may sound kind of silly to some of you, but there's literally hundreds of guilds on this site about pokemon.

Rina... you've never once given me a suggestion for a new event... or offered to help out with something... not since the very beginning when you made us a couple banners ((which I am still very appreciative of)). Even that worthless worm Prince of Pink stood up a few times and offered to run tournaments or something stupid like that for D/P...

I even asked for your guys' help with the new WiFi RPG... the roots of myself... rina... kunx... and many of the other big names in this guild. And while a few people offered ((even kunx did over AIM)) you never once posted an idea, or PMed me, or anything.

I often found myself asking if you ever even really cared about the guild at all. You say that it's the only place on gaia you hang out, and I believe you... but just because it's the only place on gaia you go, doesn't mean you really care about the well-being of the guild.

And Embers Rise...

Please, don't go get the impression that this is all because you made an attempt to insult me last night because I bashed Harry Potter. If I really cared this much about getting attacked over Harry Potter, I'd be calling out people like CKmidnight... but the truth is, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it's one I don't agree with.

I've been considering doing this for... almost two weeks now. You've never contributed really... you, jokingly I hope, make demands for us to give you pokemon over WiFi, from what I understand you coaxed kunx into breeding and training an entire team for you...

Rina... I'm sorry dear, but this isn't behavior for a Vice Captain... let alone a crew member. I'm not going to demote you all the way to member... but I had to do this to try to wake you up.

Wake up... and face me

Rina... and all other crew members... if any of you hope to truly earn my respect, and maybe even become Vice Captain, you need to step up.

This goes for all the members here too. You guys need to come out, and come up with ideas, or offer to help out with something, or go spam invites... I don't really care.

If you don't do any of that... that's fine. I just want the crew from now on to contribute more.

I know I'm not the nicest person. I know sometimes I'm mean. I know sometimes I'm demanding... but I'm not really that bad. If you guys just talk to me... PM me, IM me, whatever, I don't bite.

Anyways, in closing. Rina, I'm sorry it had to come to this. If you, or any other crew member really steps up, I'll strongly consider the Vice Captain spot. This also goes for any members... step up, and I'll consider crew.

Also, while I'm not going to go on a demotion spree... let this be a message to all the crew - if you want to work a little bit, and contribute to the guild, and help make things go here, then you can stay. But if you'd rather just post here and there, and that's fine, please, just step down and be a normal member.

Being a normal member is fine... but if you want the rank of crew.. the ability to help run things.. edit any post.. make stickys all that cool stuff, you need to help out.

- nitnit  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:49 pm
Also, sorry Kunx, don't even bother doing the whole thing with you standing up for Rina then winning her heart over. I'm actually serious about this. ((prior conversation when I talked to Kunx about potential demotion of Rina))  

nitnit
Captain

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:51 pm
Ctrl+F > Shigeru > Enter

Oh. Phew.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:06 pm
On one hand, I agree that her posts have been either not on topic usually, and I also noticed that she hasn't really given as much as she has got. I would expect the opposite from a VC.

On the other hand, the guild is a lot more active with her around, even with off topic posts. Maybe I'm missing something here though.

As for crew or VC, I'll go for it if you'll take me. I try to help out, and I have a strong knowledge of almost everything in competitive play, which seems to be what this guild is mostly about, and if I don't know, I know where to look to find out. I also have experience and awesome battling skillz.  

Itakio

Shigeru the Hero

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:07 pm
I'm in full support of Scary Dragon.

And maybe City Rawker or whatever his name is too.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:20 pm
Quick question...why am I not crew?

Not to sound ungrateful...but i'm more than "a little active" and I can be nice and very helpful.

And i'm a good battler which is a requirement I believe...

Just throwin it out there...

@Shigeru:Clash city rawker is currently...jonnnn but he hasn't served as long as I have and isn't as active.

P.S. I care very much about the guild and I hope it lives on forever which is why i'd like to help as crew to clean up and get the guild back on track!!  

Raijin36

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:21 pm
Raijin36

Not to sound ungrateful...but i'm more than "a little active" and I can be nice and very helpful.

@Shigeru:Clash city rawker is currently...jonnnn but he hasn't served as long as I have and isn't as active.

P.S. I care very much about the guild and I hope it lives on forever which is why i'd like to help as crew to clean up and get the guild back on track!!
Um This guild is very much on track...And im sure NitNit has a reason to why you arent crew.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:26 pm
No. Raijin? No.  

Shigeru the Hero

Raijin36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:26 pm
!!Razz-berry!!9
Raijin36

Um This guild is very much on track...And im sure NitNit has a reason to why you arent crew.

It could be moving faster and I don't know if you were here from the start but we reached 9000 posts in a week and it's been at least 3-4 weeks since then and we havent hit another 9000 mark...we are on track but nowhere near as on track and active as before.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:27 pm
Shigeru K
No. Raijin? No.

At this point ur opinion means nothing to me.

And SCARYDRAGON is a traitor he is on the topg interguild team!!

He's not even on ours!!  

Raijin36

Razz-Berry 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:30 pm
This guild may not be as fast as it was at the start but it is still one of the fastest Growing Pokemon guilds on Gaia.It is very active but you dont realise it sometimes last night i went to bed when a new topic was created checked it the next morning 3 pages.But have you thought of any reasons why your are not getting promoted?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:33 pm
May I list the reasons why not?

1) His spam.
2) His unwillingness to learn.
3) His ignorance of the rules.
4) He's an idiot.
5) "ur" lawl.
6) Only 1-3 actually means anything btw.  

Shigeru the Hero

Raijin36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:41 pm
Shigeru K
May I list the reasons why not?

1) His spam.
2) His unwillingness to learn.
3) His ignorance of the rules.
4) He's an idiot.
5) "ur" lawl.
6) Only 1-3 actually means anything btw.

I haven't spammed in a long time.

I just learned from plumber how to ev train and i've beaten almost everyone I couldn't beat before

I follow the rules better than you.

Thats ur opinion

I'll type how I want is it graded? I thought not.

No kidding and I don't do those anymore.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:48 pm
Yes, but the history is still there.

And I meant from your mistakes btw.

Everyone follows them better than I do. Not much of an accomplishment.

What are facts but mere opinions that have been proved to be true.

No. But I still laugh at people too lazy to press an extra two keys.

Good job replying to number 6.  

Shigeru the Hero

Raijin36

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:50 pm
Shigeru K
Yes, but the history is still there.

And I meant from your mistakes btw.

Everyone follows them better than I do. Not much of an accomplishment.

What are facts but mere opinions that have been proved to be true.

No. But I still laugh at people too lazy to press an extra two keys.

Good job replying to number 6.

Well I guess you didn't get the memo then did you?

People's main source of learning is from mistakes, and now that I have learned and matured as a member I aim for the rank of crew.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff