Welcome to Gaia! ::

Daft Robots of Gaia

Back to Guilds

Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, you name it! It's a guild for robots. 

Tags: Daft Punk, Transformers, Gundam, Techno, even Gir 

Reply .:Fan's Community Room:.
Daft Punk Helmets For Sale? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:44 pm
Alterian Inc have recently commented that the Daft Punk helmets may soon be commercially available! When questioned on the design and manufacturing process the company, who created the helmets for Daft Punk’s Electroma, commented,
“There have been A LOT of inquiries as to whether or not there are versions of the Daft Punk robot masks for sale. The band has recently been discussing the idea of manufacturing a ‘Halloween mask’ version of the robot helmets for the public, and designs and prototypes are in progress.”

Nothing too official just yet, but who knows.
=D  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:26 pm
******** HALLOWEEN MASKS?! LAMELAMELMLAMELAMELAMELAMELAME!

that means they'll ruin it with ******** eyeholes and that s**t!  

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:48 pm
Hmmmm just wait a bit before you explode Kayu-san ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:29 am
Imagine how much the actual helmets cost. eek  

Dannyxcores

[Flavius]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:45 am
Think they'll be available this Halloween? xD

What are everybodies plans for this upcoming Halloween??

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:41 pm
I'm not sure about them being out so soon....well....you never know.

I'll prolly get blazed at a friends house and eat craploads of candy...like i usually do on halloween ^^  

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

kirby_8934

Dapper Genius

6,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:26 pm
I wonder how heavy the actual helmets are, and i would love a helmet it it looked like it should.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:43 pm
Mushywaffles
I'm not sure about them being out so soon....well....you never know.

I'll prolly get blazed at a friends house and eat craploads of candy...like i usually do on halloween ^^

That sounds FUN.

Hehh, I go for the candy; and the fact that I get to dress all OMGZ without being laughed at.  

Empress Raven Vulcana

Erekayu
Crew

6,875 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:17 pm
i still have to make the most bitchin costume this year...cause its my last year trick-or-treating with my friends since they're all going to smart colleges and i'm going to an art one...

i think i should go as...

Travis-Touchdown or Spawn...Spawn if i could find the materials...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 8:49 pm
dannyxcorekid
Imagine how much the actual helmets cost. eek

40k. I checked.

I'm going to either Chi from Chobits or Yura of the Hair next year
I'll probably be trick-o-treating with my friends like lame-asses. We don't even eat the candy.  

Angel Cutter

Mushywaffles
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:40 am
Prices vary depending who you talk to. I quote LEDeffects when i tell people the price of the helmets....a bit over 14K but with permission from Daft Punk to make it and all that legal stuff it comes out to something like 65K. There's a PDF floating around on the internet somewhere explaining how to make one but I couldn't find it.

Here's the txt for anyone who cares I don't think LEDeffectshave this offer anymore.

Quote:
LED Effects, the company responsible for Daft Punk’s Discovery-era robot helmets, are offering the set for sale for $65,000, provided the buyer can get permission from the band.

THE MAKING OF…THE DAFT PUNK HELMETS
These helmets were commissioned by the punk band Daft Punk for a music video. Over the years, LED Effects has received many inquiries from people who wanted to purchase their own helmet. Unfortunately, these helmets are custom designed stage props and cost over $14,000. While the helmets are reasonably simple in design, the cost of labor and materials make it impractical to mass produce and market them. In addition, Daft
Punk owns the copyright and concept rights to the helmets, so there may be additional licensing fees to pay. In short, yes, we can build you a helmet, but it will cost you thousands of dollars and take a year to produce. Here is how the helmets were made:
1. A model shop cast the face of the musician. This was used to create a bust which was
used as a template for the design.
2. The next step was to modify a motorcycle helmet. The body was cut away to allow for
cables and electronics. Two pin holes were provided so the wearer could see out.
3. Clay models were created for all the unique parts. This included a back pack and an arm
band controller.
4. Electronic displays were designed using prototype PC board materials.
5. The LED display panels were assembled by placing each LED one-by-one into a plastic
sheet and glued into place. Each LED required three feet of wiring to connect it to power
and control circuitry. The finished panel was bolted to the helmet frame.
6. The LED cabling was routed around the “ears” of the helmet and out the back. The
helmet cables led down to the backpack where the main controller board was located.
7. The system was originally powered by batteries, but this was later switched over to a
power cord system.
8. The control keypad on the armband was a custom manufactured PC board.
9. Exterior plastic molding and finishing materials were custom manufactured by a special
effects studio to complete the helmet. Once these pieces were added, the helmet details
were touched up with paint.
The helmets were used to produce a music video.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 am
Mushywaffles
Prices vary depending who you talk to. I quote LEDeffects when i tell people the price of the helmets....a bit over 14K but with permission from Daft Punk to make it and all that legal stuff it comes out to something like 65K. There's a PDF floating around on the internet somewhere explaining how to make one but I couldn't find it.

Here's the txt for anyone who cares I don't think LEDeffectshave this offer anymore.

Quote:
LED Effects, the company responsible for Daft Punk’s Discovery-era robot helmets, are offering the set for sale for $65,000, provided the buyer can get permission from the band.

THE MAKING OF…THE DAFT PUNK HELMETS
These helmets were commissioned by the punk band Daft Punk for a music video. Over the years, LED Effects has received many inquiries from people who wanted to purchase their own helmet. Unfortunately, these helmets are custom designed stage props and cost over $14,000. While the helmets are reasonably simple in design, the cost of labor and materials make it impractical to mass produce and market them. In addition, Daft
Punk owns the copyright and concept rights to the helmets, so there may be additional licensing fees to pay. In short, yes, we can build you a helmet, but it will cost you thousands of dollars and take a year to produce. Here is how the helmets were made:
1. A model shop cast the face of the musician. This was used to create a bust which was
used as a template for the design.
2. The next step was to modify a motorcycle helmet. The body was cut away to allow for
cables and electronics. Two pin holes were provided so the wearer could see out.
3. Clay models were created for all the unique parts. This included a back pack and an arm
band controller.
4. Electronic displays were designed using prototype PC board materials.
5. The LED display panels were assembled by placing each LED one-by-one into a plastic
sheet and glued into place. Each LED required three feet of wiring to connect it to power
and control circuitry. The finished panel was bolted to the helmet frame.
6. The LED cabling was routed around the “ears” of the helmet and out the back. The
helmet cables led down to the backpack where the main controller board was located.
7. The system was originally powered by batteries, but this was later switched over to a
power cord system.
8. The control keypad on the armband was a custom manufactured PC board.
9. Exterior plastic molding and finishing materials were custom manufactured by a special
effects studio to complete the helmet. Once these pieces were added, the helmet details
were touched up with paint.
The helmets were used to produce a music video.
=OOO WOW.  

Empress Raven Vulcana

Angel Cutter

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:50 pm
One day I will own at least one of the helmets. Its on my bucket list  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:24 pm
I'd buy a 14k one...if I had the money!

I think with or without the LED effects its still cool, you could always get an LED Buckle or something and try to squeeze it behind Thomas's visor thingy.  

X3LA

.:Fan's Community Room:.

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces