Hypocrisy formerly Irony. Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:42 pm
You know, one thing I've noticed about this guild, that if I'm honest, it bugs me a hell of a lot. Some of you may have noticed it too and it is a shame that this place is infested with it like a plague.

I'm talking of course about the hypocrisy a few... not many but a few members of the guild exhibit. Now your all wondering what I mean, well its this whole thing some people have, where in one post they'll say something akin too:
"Goths are more tolerant then most people, why can't we all just get along and not use labels."

Then, from that they'll ******** Wiggers, ******** Preps, ******** Rap."

It really grates with me to be honest, because all I can think is:
"Well what do you actually know about Wiggers, they could be a White Person who does genuinely enjoy Rap and the associated culture, What do you know about Preps, after all, aren't they just the flip side to the goth coin? and what about Rap itself, how much rap have you listened too, have you actually heard key rap bands like NWA and Public Enemy that not only are rap, but toured with some of the most prestigious rock and metal bands in the world today."

So why, people, why the hypocrisy, I don't pretend to be all "oooohhhh I'm more accepting then everyone else because I'm this and that..." then go make some emo kid cry in a corner, I freely admit I'm a fairly intolerant guy. So why can't those few who are hypocrites do the same?

- Rellik San
Love Peace and Chicken Grease.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 pm
I agree...if people are hateful they could at least admit to it. Or if you're going to lie, stick to one story. That's less annoying than not being able to decide.  

perrenthezombie

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:19 pm
Allow my contribution to this topic to be this.

Pick up a dictionary. This is not irony.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:39 pm
zz1000zz

Irony; ahy-ruh-nee ; –noun- an outcome of events contrary to what was, or might have been, expected.  

Katanas Blade

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:11 pm
Well, while there are some who are intolerant of other groups, it definitely isn't a universal case.
But you bring-up a good point - that sometimes positive generalizations are used (goths are artistic, goths are tolerant, goths are quite happy, etc.), and those can leave expectations which are not always fulfilled.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:53 pm
zz1000zz

So you don't find it ironic that people can claim to be tolerant, yet be the complete opposite way?  

Rellik San
Crew

zz1000zz
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:17 pm
Rellik San
zz1000zz

So you don't find it ironic that people can claim to be tolerant, yet be the complete opposite way?

Seeing as i pay attention to the definition of irony, no i do not.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:13 am
I tolerate what I must/can and let the rest alone. I don't believe I've ever professed to being perfect, but if I find someone doing something that just burns me up and I think I can do better (or just don't like it) I'm gonna speak out against it/them.

...as to the irony thing>If someone says something or does something up front so as to say that they are one way, we then expect that from them, yes?

So then if they show themselves to be contrary to that afterwards, then it is irony.{contrary to what is believed or expected}  

dark_LordBeld

Ayame_Rikimayu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:54 pm
ya know, i bet that all of the preps and wiggers and everybody else is having the exact same argument that we are.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:05 pm
I hate intolerant people! ...wait, is that intolerant of me?

Oh gods, I hate myself!  

Divinity Rage

dark_LordBeld

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 1:09 pm
Jadyn_Fortysix

Oh gods, I hate myself!

rofl xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:01 pm
Jadyn_Fortysix

Oh gods, I hate myself!

There is nothing left in the world for you anymore gonk
Quick! Become an hero and regain your honor!  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:43 pm
Jadyn_Fortysix

Oh gods, I hate myself!

Its ok, I hate the French and Italians and am part French and part Italian. XD  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:55 pm
User Image

I can see Z's point, though she didn't have to act as needlessly angry as she did.

Irony pretains to a situation's outcome.

Hypocrisy (or hypocrite, alternativly) would have been a better choice of word, as it would show the person's ideals for their oxymoronous overtones, rather than that of the situation itself...

....Nevermore...

Toast Is Me

Wheezing Smoker

Choboxer

5,800 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:09 pm
....Im so ******** gothic im self defeating!

wink  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces