Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Luigi's down b?
  Their gonna change it
  Their gonna keep it.
View Results

NekkyoMaster

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:56 pm
You guys know about Mario's down B move being changed to FLUDD, right? Well, I thought of something on the way home just a little while ago.

Where does this leave Luigi's Down B move, If he makes it into Brawl (and I'm sure he will)? He and Mario Have always had the similar down B, and now Mario's is different. I'm thinking that they might change it to match his brother.

So, what do you guys think? I think their gonna make it the Poltergeist 3000. Except instead of pushing them away like FLUDD does, it pulls them in.

And all that also raises questions about Dr.Mario, even though it's less likely he'll make it back.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:50 pm
well that is a thought and that might make sense we don't know if luigi will even make it they are getting rid of clones and....well he did have a couple of his own moves i guess hes not all clone...but that would make luigi too similar in melee luigi could do that rocket thing and his smash attack was a flat hand to the gut and he was different from mario but if you put to many similar moves together like that it will be like playing the same character which would make him a clone thus making him obsolete

i don't remeber what luigi's old down B move was....uhhh  

Reaper1120

XPRikuXP

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:10 pm
avenger_of_uchiha
well that is a thought and that might make sense we don't know if luigi will even make it they are getting rid of clones and....well he did have a couple of his own moves i guess hes not all clone...but that would make luigi too similar in melee luigi could do that rocket thing and his smash attack was a flat hand to the gut and he was different from mario but if you put to many similar moves together like that it will be like playing the same character which would make him a clone thus making him obsolete

i don't remeber what luigi's old down B move was....uhhh

Luigi Hurricane.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:44 pm
if they do change it it'll probablly be the vaccume pack from Luigis Mansion  

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

Talwar126

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:52 pm
I believe that Mario and Luigi were unique in their own rights as is. Similar, yes, but they have extremely different play styles.

Now Mario and Dr.Mario are clones with only a minor shift in speed and strength stats...

I also think that the idea of using Luigi's Vacuum as a means of making the two brothers opposites is a nice idea. I like it. ^_^  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:58 am
Talwar126
I believe that Mario and Luigi were unique in their own rights as is. Similar, yes, but they have extremely different play styles.

Now Mario and Dr.Mario are clones with only a minor shift in speed and strength stats...

I also think that the idea of using Luigi's Vacuum as a means of making the two brothers opposites is a nice idea. I like it. ^_^

Don't forget Doc's pills were stronger and had/have a different trajectory.

I could see Doc returning as a past character, if they have the option. Though I'm sure Doc is getting dropped.

The vacuum is a good idea, however.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Talwar126

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:23 am
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126

I could see Doc returning as a past character, if they have the option. Though I'm sure Doc is getting dropped.

Oooooh, they bounced less like a ball and more like a pill. That's so different. As for them being stronger, yeah, Dr. Mario is stronger and slower than regular Mario so it makes sense that his pills are stronger too.

And yeah, either he's going to be drastically changed or he'll be dropped. If they want to leave him in the game, they've got his Viruses to work with... It's not much, but it's something.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:45 am
Talwar126
SilentBlackTiger
Talwar126

Oooooh, they bounced less like a ball and more like a pill. That's so different. As for them being stronger, yeah, Dr. Mario is stronger and slower than regular Mario so it makes sense that his pills are stronger too.

And yeah, either he's going to be drastically changed or he'll be dropped. If they want to leave him in the game, they've got his Viruses to work with... It's not much, but it's something.

If they change him, I can imagine them changing everything but the pills and maybe the Up b. That and his appearance would be the only thing tying him to Mario, though.

Using the viruses in one of his attacks is a good idea. Can't think of how they would be used right now, but it is something they could work with.

He'll most likely be dropped, though.  

NekkyoMaster

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:27 pm
They have a higher bounce trajectory, and fall at a different angle when thrown. It's vastly different from the fireballs. Plus, they had more stopping power, ala Falco's laser.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:32 pm
Yeah...he may be dropped...but Luigi's vacuum would be an awesome idea!!  

elf_hero66

Talwar126

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:03 pm
SilentBlackTiger
They have a higher bounce trajectory, and fall at a different angle when thrown. It's vastly different from the fireballs. Plus, they had more stopping power, ala Falco's laser.

They are still thrown, they still bounce, and they're pretty much the same move with a shiny new exterior.

As for him being dropped, I feel it more likely that he'll become an Assist Trophy more than being removed from the game entirely.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 7:41 am
Talwar126
SilentBlackTiger

They are still thrown, they still bounce, and they're pretty much the same move with a shiny new exterior.

As for him being dropped, I feel it more likely that he'll become an Assist Trophy more than being removed from the game entirely.

We could argue about Doc all day (or week). Let's agree that they're different.

As for Doc being an AT. I'd to see that, but it's possible.  

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

Super Smash Bros. Guild

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces