Welcome to Gaia! ::

The KoS Guild: The AMv capitol of the universe!

Back to Guilds

Reply The offical "How Too's?"
How do I use DivX???

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HELP!!!
  ok
View Results

Snowflake_Cat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:00 pm
Hello Everyone!!! mrgreen

Ok I recently installed DivX to make my AMV's now, but I don't have a clue how to use it!!!

I need to find out what I need to do to RIP my anime DVD's onto my computer and then encode and convert them so they go into DivX.

If I need some other program to do one of these things please let me know.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:56 am
I didn't realize you could edit with DivX. I thought it was just a player...o_O;;

But to rip AMVs on your comp you should get the AMVapp which has DVD decriptor in it.

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Snowflake_Cat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:04 pm
Desdemona Legardored
I didn't realize you could edit with DivX. I thought it was just a player...o_O;;

But to rip AMVs on your comp you should get the AMVapp which has DVD decriptor in it.

So I can use it to RIP my DVD's and turn them into an avi file? Ok then, what program can I use besides DivX to make good AMV's?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:22 pm
Yup the DVD decryptor can do all of that! biggrin

Erm...just about any video editing program can make a good video as long as you know how to use it.

I'd suggest using the tryout of Premiere ((to see if you like it))--which is available on their website... Premiere Pro CS3

Or, from what I've heard Pilk say, Magix is a good starter program. I've never actually used it before though. There might be a trial for that .... *goes to check* Movie Edit

Desdemona Legardored
Crew

Mr_Pilkington
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:51 pm
Well, Divx SUCKS.... period.

Use one of the open-source variants like 3vix or xviD.
Secondly most programs do not like to edit with footage that has been that highly compressed. The best bet is to rip your DVDs into and editable codec, I use Mpeg2, and I USED to use MS Mpeg4 V2. Mpeg4 (v1/2) are pretty lossy, but you can get a good 1/2 hour file w/out sound down under 250MB. I have all of Initial D 1st and 2nd stage ripped in under 10GB. biggrin And the footage wasn't... horrible. xp
Mpeg2 is the most lossless, but not frame accurate. It's really a craps shoot whether your editing program likes Mpeg2.  
The offical "How Too's?"

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games