Mabon

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Twisted by sanity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:47 pm
Dia Duit

I am new here, and this is my first post. So dia duit and merry meet to all. Well, as you all know, Mabon is coming up on the 19th (for those who celebrate it that is). I was wondering how do you celebrate it? What are some traditions that you hold to on that day? Sad to say, I’ve had very little chance to celebrate holidays like this. This will be my first year.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:15 pm
Actualy the first day fo fall is the 23... the 19 is the first quarter moon.  

Neko_Bast

Tricky Cat

19,600 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Twisted by sanity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:04 pm
This is true, but acording to the calender i've addopted Mabon starts on the 19th and end the 23. It's a celebration of falls coming.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 11:35 pm
*Sigh* ...To have to time and energy for a full-blown celebration would be so nice, but with life as hectic as it is, I'm barely able to keep track of the holidays as they pass sweatdrop

I can't wait until my days slow down (hopefully just a couple of months!)  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Twisted by sanity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:27 pm
It's hard for me to do alot of things at the moment. Living in a christian town while you go to college is crazy enough. sigh. But i'm deteremind to celebrate this holiday. 2 more yeas and i'm out of it. I'm thinking about salem. They have alot of nice places and shops there. I'm so thankful for this place. It's a little haven for me. So how did all of you come to be here?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:54 am
Plan for the Holiday Weekend:

1) Harvest black walnuts from a tree in the area I found. Crack. Eat. Yum. whee

2) Buy squashes at farmers market for lunch and dinner on Sunday.

3) Make cornbread.

4) Maybe... just maybe... make fall leaf cutout cookies and paint them with food coloring to look like fall leaves. Might do this some other day.

5) Head out to one of the local forest preserves and look around for signs of the fall season. Bring along some incense to plop down somewhere for a meditation on the season.

6) Begin gathering fall leaves to decorate altar and house with. Get rid of green foliage currently decorating that represents summer.

7) The usual ritual for the season. whee  

Starlock
Crew

Twisted by sanity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 9:58 pm
This year, i've resolved to partake in a small meal with friends, enjoy nature as it changes, do a ritual of offering to my goddess in thanks for the blessings she has bestowed upon me, and write a poem and dedicate it to the spirits of the season. I'm not sure what traditionally your supposed to do and i'm having trouble finding it. But i figure, it's not what we do, it's the spirit we do it in. To all here, blessed mabon and may the lord and lady bring blessings into your life. Blessed be.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:26 pm
I thought that I would just talk to my daughter about the harvest festivals and take her to a Pagan Pride Day a few cities over. We're in the middle of moving so it gets difficult!  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:23 pm
So, what did everyone do, if anything?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:32 pm
I did everything I said I would save the cutout cookies.

I have lots of black walnuts for good eatin' over the hard winter months.

I have half a squash left to eat today. And more cornbread.

Not enough fall leaves yet to decorate with, but it is always a work in progress.

I think I'll do the cutout cookies sometime next week. =)  

Starlock
Crew

Wood Sorrel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:57 am
I didn't really end up doing anything. I've been feeling down lately, and no-one else is interested in celebrating anything, let alone my wierd pagan ideas. I just kept the season in mind this year. I keep wanting to have a thanksgiving feast, but I always seem to have more energy for a spring feast than a fall feast. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:00 am
Starlock
I did everything I said I would save the cutout cookies.

I have lots of black walnuts for good eatin' over the hard winter months.

I have half a squash left to eat today. And more cornbread.

Not enough fall leaves yet to decorate with, but it is always a work in progress.

I think I'll do the cutout cookies sometime next week. =)

That sounds like fun smile  

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:45 am
Wood Sorrel
I didn't really end up doing anything. I've been feeling down lately, and no-one else is interested in celebrating anything, let alone my wierd pagan ideas. I just kept the season in mind this year. I keep wanting to have a thanksgiving feast, but I always seem to have more energy for a spring feast than a fall feast. rolleyes

Sometimes it's best, if you're feeling blue, to do something solitary. It always makes me feel better to realize that my spirituality isn't dependant on anyone but myself. Just a thought smile
Blessings and Light!  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff