Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Craftin'
Squishy and friends (updated again 9-18)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:56 pm
And he shall be mine, and he shall be my Squishy.

Everyone Meet Squishy!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Ain't he cute? xd So fun to make. Must bust stash on more of these.

Pattern by momoko_momoko on livejournal
Link to pattern

Edit 1)
Thanks for the comments everyone! Squishy now has a friend seen here with Squishy. I showed the picture to my parents and my mom offhandedly mentioned they would look in her beach themed bedroom. Soooo Now the jellyfish are going to become my mom's christmas gift. biggrin I'm in the process of making one (making the tentacles now) that is roughly 8in across. Then I'm also (pending yarn left overs) going to make a key chain sized one, and to go along with the jellyfish, a package of "Mental Floss" (lol Jimmy Buffet reference), which will be regular dental floss with a new label. 3nodding I'll be sure to get more pictures taken as soon as I get it all finished up. biggrin

Edit 2)
Well I finished up the big jellyfish about 30 minutes after posting the last update (and since no one had posted after me I'm editing my post instead of making a new one). Also made the mini jellyfish in about 15 minutes. Going to make another one to hang out on my desk and one for my daughter who thinks they are the best toys EVER (I should have enough leftovers for two minis). Setting up the picture was a pian, but the fact my camera gets one shot per pair of cheap a** batteries was even more so a pain. So without further ado here is squishy and friends! [click me] What does everyone think?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:14 am
CUTE!  

knitting_needle_ninja

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 8:04 am
Nina
Isn't it adorable? It's to cute not to make a second one. biggrin Pictures of Squishy's friend once I finish it.

I just love the part in the pattern where it says "your very on poisonous sea creature to annoy people and animals with!* (*not for use with grumpy cats)" rofl

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 9:58 am
Cute! I really love that yarn.  

selenitrope

NeedleDreams

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:29 am
It's so cute!!!! heart I want one too!

And I think I have the perfect thread for it! Thanks for sharing!  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:12 pm
surprised

That's really awesome. I don't know if I'd make one, but maybe. 3nodding  

DecemberFlower

2,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kitsaria

Beloved Friend

5,400 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:36 pm
Thanks for the comments everyone! Squishy now has a friend seen here with Squishy. I showed the picture to my parents and my mom offhandedly mentioned they would look in her beach themed bedroom. Soooo Now the jellyfish are going to become my mom's christmas gift. biggrin I'm in the process of making one (making the tentacles now) that is roughly 8in across. Then I'm also (pending yarn left overs) going to make a key chain sized one, and to go along with the jellyfish, a package of "Mental Floss" (lol Jimmy Buffet reference), which will be regular dental floss with a new label. 3nodding I'll be sure to get more pictures taken as soon as I get it all finished up. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:19 pm
Squishy and friends are adorable, I think I may have to make one for myself sometime.  

ForestGreen

Green Fairy

selenitrope

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:22 am
Ooh, more of them! They're like a little family. So cute.  
Craftin'

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games