Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Strange astral being - be warned, very weird. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ReKay

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:55 pm
I haven't posted anything on here before.... Mostly, I've just been lurking. So, introduction: I'm 20, I live in a big apartment with 4 roomies, and I'm pagan. I can't think of any other relevant background stuff.

Anyway.... really weird, kind of crazy question. This is the sort of thing that I usually see people posting about and think, "yup, they're either crazy, or attention whores." But at the very least, if anyone could at least humor me with an idea as to what this thing could be - if it even exists, and I haven't gone completely bonkers - that'd be great.

There's something in my room. I don't know how it got there, or how long it's been there. I can't see it with my eyes, but I can sense its presence - the air around where it is usually feels just a little chillier, or just "different." I've been noticing that there is SOMETHING in there for months, since just a couple months after I moved into my apartment. It might've been there long before then; I really don't know.

One of my roomies is waaaay more sensitive to energy than I am. She sees shadow people and other creatures on a fairly regular basis. I won't go any further into that, except to say that many of the times I've been with her, the things she sees, I sense to an extent. Thus, I'm fairly certain that she's not totally crazy (or that we both are, possibly).

Anyway, a few days ago, I mentioned to her that I'd been sensing something in my room for a while. She said that she doubted it, since she hadn't seen anything in my room before, but she had a look anyway. It took her a bit to find it, but the first thing she said was, "Ah. It's a goblin. Or at least, that's kinda what it looks like."

She described it to another of my roomies, who's a talented artist. She drew it for us. This is what she came up with:

User Image

Does anyone have any idea what this thing might be? (If it's anything, of course, and we're not just nuts.)

It has a very relaxed, earthy feel to it. Whatever it is, it isn't malicious. It moves very slowly, and kind of waddles when it walks. It's fond of my room, which is filled with various odds and ends such as rocks, nice feathers, a didjeridoo, etc. (you get the picture). It also seems to like me quite a bit - when we were in my room "watching" it, it approached me, and stood RIGHT in front of me, staring at me. (how it can stare with no noticeable eyes.... no idea. But that's pretty much all it does - it just stands there, staring.) It's been in my bedroom, and oddly, in the bathtub - again, just standing there, staring.

I've come up with a few theories for what it might be, and why it might be in there.... It might be the result of me failing to properly ground energy after a ritual - if that's the case, I feel really bad about it being there. Poor thing might be just standing there wondering when I'm going to let it go, or waiting for me to say something to it. I thought it might be somehow connected to one of the objects in my room, or perhaps to the room itself. It seems a bit out of place in this dark, windowless apartment; it looks a bit more suited to be somewhere with more dirt. I think it likes dirt and clay. My roomie's been noticing quite a lot of weird things like this in the apartment, so this might just be a really active place for things like this.

Whatever the case.... it's kinda creeping me out. It hasn't been up to anything nasty, but I don't trust it, and the idea of this thing following me around watching me change clothes (especially with that nose!) is rather unnerving. I don't know what it is, or if it wants anything, and I'm ashamed to say that I fear what I don't understand.

I'm aware that this is all really, really psychotic.... I wish I would've posted here more in the past, so this wouldn't be so out of the blue. I'm really hoping *someone* might have an idea as to what it is, and how to react/deal with it...  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 12:02 am
Ever think to yourself that your friend who just happened to see the thing in your room after you mentioned it could be screwing with your head? The artist friend could be in on it too.

That's just my first reaction after reading your story and looking at the picture. I could be wrong on this, but if your friend are the playful type or the bored type, you could just be getting pranked for their personal enjoyment xp  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

ReKay

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:54 am
Atma311
Ever think to yourself that your friend who just happened to see the thing in your room after you mentioned it could be screwing with your head? The artist friend could be in on it too.

That's just my first reaction after reading your story and looking at the picture. I could be wrong on this, but if your friend are the playful type or the bored type, you could just be getting pranked for their personal enjoyment xp

Good suggestion... still, neither of them are that type. The one who "saw" it is normally pretty quiet about the things she sees, since she doesn't want people to think she's nuts (although I suppose that's what they all say, but I know her well enough at this point to be pretty certain that she's serious). The other one has been my best friend for 11 years.

Thanks for the input!  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 am
Assuming it's not a prank...
I have no idea.
sweatdrop

I've not really heard of many beings like that that like to come indoors, especially to apartments. o _o;

It's been a loooong time since I've really read anything about others, but, it kiiiinda almost sounds like a kobold.
Kinda.

They tend to live underground, in mines and such, or indoors, sortof like brownies, but not really. o_O;
Since I really don't know much about them, I can't for definitely say, but it sounds kinda close to it.  

Jezehbelle

ReKay

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:50 pm
Jezehbelle
Assuming it's not a prank...
I have no idea.
sweatdrop

I've not really heard of many beings like that that like to come indoors, especially to apartments. o _o;

It's been a loooong time since I've really read anything about others, but, it kiiiinda almost sounds like a kobold.
Kinda.

They tend to live underground, in mines and such, or indoors, sortof like brownies, but not really. o_O;
Since I really don't know much about them, I can't for definitely say, but it sounds kinda close to it.

Huh..... possibly! I have wondered if maybe he's a gnome or a brownie. He's not as industrious as either are supposed to be, though, and hasn't asked for anything (although I wonder sometimes if maybe the constant staring is in any way expectant).

Someone on another forum suggested that maybe it might be something similar to kokopelli. It does seem to like the flute.... I like that idea, but I don't want to settle myself on it just yet. (Besides, what would a southwest trickster god be doing in my apartment in Ohio?)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:22 am
Gnomes and brownies look a little more human-like. sweatdrop

He looks much more like a mole than Kokopelli. o -o;

More curious than I am of what it is, specifically, I'm much more curious about what you're going to do?

Get dirt?  

Jezehbelle

ReKay

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:03 am
Jezehbelle

More curious than I am of what it is, specifically, I'm much more curious about what you're going to do?

Get dirt?

Dunno. That's why I'm trying to figure out what it is; if it's something good to have around, then I won't try to get rid of it. If it's something bad, then I'd like to find out if there's any specific way to get rid of whatever it is....

At least it seems nice enough. Hasn't caused any trouble (that we know of). As things are, it seems like it'd be easy enough to coexist with, if I could get used to the feeling of it being there.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 1:03 am
ReKay
Jezehbelle

Get dirt?

Dunno. That's why I'm trying to figure out what it is; if it's something good to have around, then I won't try to get rid of it. If it's something bad, then I'd like to find out if there's any specific way to get rid of whatever it is....

At least it seems nice enough. Hasn't caused any trouble (that we know of). As things are, it seems like it'd be easy enough to coexist with, if I could get used to the feeling of it being there.

I think it's cute... But seriously, I think paying attention to the items in your room would be your best bet.

virtually all earth spirits ((and it could be nothing but.)) hoard, and moles... well, moles dig. Maybe it's looking for something that belongs in the earth? Of course that could be anything from roots to stones. Honestly, I don't know. If it's not making trouble, don't fix it with any of the guesses I'm tossing out.

Wait, you like the idea of the creature in your room being kokopelli? I suppose he could be a herald of certain... good news. whee  

Nomad of Nowhere

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 1:17 pm
I can't tell you what it might be without more insight to its behavior. Does anything unexplained happen in your apartment? I could put a few suggestions out there, but for right now all I can say is that it might just be a thought form or some psychic energy that's been around for a while, possibly even a gnome.
I asked a friend, and he said that there are a few ways you can tell if it is a gnome. They dislike loud, repetitive noises, but are sometimes intrigued/confused about music. If you have a large unworked piece of earth in your room that is somewhat valuable, such as a large geode, a large unworked piece of gemstone or semi-precious stone, even clay or metal.
He said to look up the germanic legends of kobolds and gnomes.
Does it have fangs, by the way? Even if it looks like hook or spike in a wierd place? Do you live in a brick or mostly wood apartment, or in an apartment above or beside a shop? Is your room in a basement maybe? The windowless apartment might make it think it's like a cave in there.
I also had an idea that maybe the reason why it can't exactly be pinpointed as either a gnome, goblin, or kobold, or just a mud spirit or thought form is perhaps that it is one that we're certain of and maybe it is just sick. If it is a gnome, it could be sickly because it's in an apartment with a lot of feminine energy. Have a big, hairy, sweaty, manly guy over and see if it behaves differently. Or try to work with some raw clay (from a riverbed, not a store) or metalworking... even widdling. Even try playing some wooden instruments or a drum. See what it does.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:08 pm
Wow.... thanks, Lila, for PMing me about the replies here. I think you might be on to something with the gnome suggestion.

It's been a while since I posted this, and a lot's happened in that much time. I've been posting on a couple forums to try to see if anybody has any ideas as to what these guys could be. For the last month or so, I've mostly given up; I've been more or less peacefully coexisting with them.

This is a post that I made on another board last October. Sorry for the length ><

---

A while ago - a couple weeks - I decided to at least try to banish the creature from my bedroom. It's really awkward to sleep when you have that feeling that you're being watched. So I marked a border around my room, and told it - kindly - to leave that area. I figured that, not being able to get into my room where it seemed to want to be, it would eventually give up and wander outside somewhere.

After that, I didn't notice it in my room, but I still couldn't help feeling like it was there, somewhere. Maybe not immediately there, but somewhere in the apartment. I had my friend take a look around, and she said that she could see it in my closet - the only place I'd forgotten to mark.

I felt a little bad about stuffing the guy into the closet. I mean, he hadn't done anything *bad*, or even that creepy; he just really seemed to like my room. And staring at me, and poking my art supplies; personally, I like anything that likes my art stuff as much as I do.

We weren't quite sure what to do about the thing being in my closet. On the one hand, it seemed like a safe enough place for it to be - at least, somewhere we could keep an eye on it - but on the other.... well, I wouldn't want to be stuffed in a closet myself. We thought it would probably be best to let it out, but we were a little worried about what it might do if it hadn't liked being in there.

One day, me and a few of my friends (all of whom could vaguely see a "blob" where it was, and one of whom could see it fairly clearly) were in my room "watching" it when one of us got the bright idea of offering it some food or something so that it wouldn't be too upset if we let it out. Someone gave it a small bowl of nuts, just to see what it did with it. It poked it a bit, and seemed to be pretty happy about it; it perked up quite a bit afterwards.

Nothing really exciting happened until about a week or so after that, except that I started seeing things out the corner of my eye. It felt the same way it had when I'd sensed the thing in my room. There'd be odd blobs standing in the hallway, or a little flash running across the living room floor. I told myself that it was probably nothing; just my eyes doing weird things.

Then my roomie saw the skitter.

One of the creatures that my friend and I have both seen is something that we call a "skitter." They're small, about rabbit-sized, and if you can see them in any detail, they have very long ears, four short legs, and... lots of bones. Very very bony little things. Kind of look like starving chihuahuas. They tend to run really fast, which is why we call them skitters. Usually, we only see them outside.... at least, we did, until one of them showed up in our living room.

Skitters seem harmless, but they're creepy looking, and kinda freak me out, so I dragged my roomie through every room in the house to see what else we had around. We counted a total of 7 of the little goblin guys from my room (we started calling them "slouches," since.... they slouch), three skitters, and one random zingy blob thing that tends to woosh around really fast.

We ran back into my room to check on slouch #1. He was still standing in my closet. At that point, I decided it was a little pointless to keep him in there when his buddies were running around all over the rest of the place, so I marked a threshold in front of my closet door and told him he could cross it. He wandered out happily.

For some reason, when we were in my room.... everything in the apartment decided to come in with us. I don't know why exactly; I think it might've had something to do with the energy we were putting out. They do seem to like things with lots of energy. We were completely surrounded by these things, and oddly, it didn't feel bad.

Whatever these things are.... they're nice. They're slow, and quiet, and I don't think they really mean to scare me. Even the skitters aren't that bad. The slouches seem to like my art supplies; they wander around touching them most of the time. The skitters, for some reason, seem to really like my pillows; they lay around on them constantly.

The only problem I have with the skitters is the cold spots. When I go to sleep, they seem to like to settle along my back, giving me a very cold back, even if I bundle up. And sometimes, if I start to drift off, but open my eyes, I can see them, or at least parts of them. They have very, very bony backs. They look like something out of a horror film. It's not even that, so much, as the idea that I might someday open my eyes and see one unexpectedly. I don't like the idea of anything that might pop out and scare me.

So, for the past few days, we've been observing them. As long as they don't call in any more "reinforcements," I think we can coexist.

Things we've noticed about them:

They seem to adhere to physical constraints.... kinda. We saw a slouch literally tumble down the stairs the other day and stand at the bottom, stunned, for a bit. But my roomie found a skitter in the microwave once (what it was doing in there, I haven't the slightest); the microwave is usually closed, so I don't think it just jumped in there when someone had it open. I've also kicked a skitter (I felt a cold spot on my foot, and asked my roomie if there was anything near me; she pointed to that foot and said that there was a skitter beside it) so hard that it landed a few feet away, yiping. Also, one of the skitters is missing its tail.

I guess skitters do yipe when you kick them.

One of the slouches seems to be female. It's a foot or so taller than the others, and seems to have breasts. Would this mean that they can reproduce?

The slouches seem driven to do whatever I tell them to - or at least, try their very best. They seem to respond best to the concept of thresholds - for instance, when I drew the border around my room, and when I drew the line in front of my closet and told it to cross it. When we realized that there was a ton of them in the apartment, I told one of the slouches - half jokingly - that if they were all going to swarm the place, it would have to do our dishes for us. It climbed on top of the stepstool in front of the kitchen sink and stared helplessly at the pile of dishes until I told it to give up. The skitters don't seem to be this way, although I haven't tested this much.

They don't seem to affect anything physical. For instance, the slouch couldn't do the dishes. We tried getting some of them to move some seeds floating in a bowl of water, but they seem mostly concerned with touching the bowl itself, not the water.

Slouches seem to like to poke things, and stare at everything.

None of them seem to have eyes - at least, not that my roomie can see. Either they have them, and they're just shadowed, or there's just a hollow, or something else. My theory is that it's like the pits on a pit viper, only for energy - that might be why they look so dark; we're "seeing" their energy, but if some of it's getting sucked into their eye areas, it would make sense that they would just be dark.

They can sneeze. They have SNOT. I still have no idea what's up with the long noses.

You can't catch a skitter. They're like cats - they're quick, they spend most of the time sleeping, and you can't tell them what to do.

Don't feed any astral critters unless you want more of them.

Slouches seem to be capable of communicating between themselves. When we found slouches 2 and 3, they were standing face to face in another roomie's room, nodding their heads as if they were speaking.

They're easiest to see when you're relaxed, or dozing off. I saw the back of a skitter right in front of my face when I was trying to go to sleep (I could tell what it was because of the vertebrae; their backbones stick out enough to almost look like the spikes on the back of a stegosaurus). They're easiest to see when the lights are off, or against a blank wall. The slouches are hard *not* to see; to me, they look like very bright blobs. If you put your hand in one, it feels cold (the feeling kinda sticks to your hand for a while afterwards. Slouches have gooey auras, who knew...) The female slouch is so prominent that my friend could still see it even when she wasn't focusing her third eye.

---

At this point, I feel almost comfortable with all this.... just a little jumpy. I don't know exactly how safe it is here with all these guys - I mean, they don't *seem* ready to, like, pounce or anything, but you never know. I'm mainly worried that they might try to call in something bigger. My roomie saw something huge outside the other day.

If anybody has any comments, advice, warnings, they'd be much appreciated....

And yes, I know that feeding it was right up there on the stupidity scale with saying "oh, hey, a fire, let's stick my hand in it!"

[end of post]

After that, some of the slouches seemed to go away. There are about three of them that are still around here, including the original one.

Also, Lila, in response to your post: a few months ago, we were getting our roof worked on, and there was lots of annoying hammering. I didn't notice any sign of the creature the whole time that was happening; I got the impression that it was hiding, and maybe a little miffed.

I do have a large, unworked piece of soapstone in my room, as well as a ton of tinier rocks.

It doesn't have fangs, although it does seem to have teeth. They're blunt, like elephant teeth.

The apartment I live in is made of both wood and brick. The brick is mostly covered up. It's a pretty big building; about 4 stories tall (it's on a hill, and I think there's a basement underneath it somewhere). There are a few other apartments next door to mine, and downstairs, there are two bars and a winecellar. It's a nice area, and the crowds downstairs are generally pretty amiable. I live on the 2nd floor, and I have two big-ish windows in my room, making it the brightest part of the house. The rest of the apartment is really dark.

The male-to-female ratio in the apartment is pretty evenly matched - there are three women and two men, but one of the women is almost never there. The guys are sufficiently big and hairy.  

ReKay

Shogun_Emrys

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:59 pm
Well I can honestly say that I have never came across anything that sounds like this. However I would say that it is possible that it is your own mind putting a picture to these energies, sometimes astral energies come astray and we feel them here in our realm. Mostly these energies don't have a particular form but our minds have a hard time accepting that so we put one together. Check and see if there is some kind of hotspot or vortex near your home, also see if you can find a map of the earths ley lines in your area because if even two or three of these cross it can produce a noticeable amount of energy and a way for energy to travel between the realms rather easily. Of course because this is something I haven't heard of before I wouldn't put too much trust in this but something to look at.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:50 pm
Shogun_Emrys
Well I can honestly say that I have never came across anything that sounds like this. However I would say that it is possible that it is your own mind putting a picture to these energies, sometimes astral energies come astray and we feel them here in our realm. Mostly these energies don't have a particular form but our minds have a hard time accepting that so we put one together. Check and see if there is some kind of hotspot or vortex near your home, also see if you can find a map of the earths ley lines in your area because if even two or three of these cross it can produce a noticeable amount of energy and a way for energy to travel between the realms rather easily. Of course because this is something I haven't heard of before I wouldn't put too much trust in this but something to look at.

My friend who can see these things in detail says that one of the most important things to remember when seeing them is to stay away from any preconceived images, or thoughts of what things *should* look like. It's very possible that we're just "seeing" what we want to see.

There is an energy vortex very close to the apartment, outside. I'm not sure about ley lines.... I'll look into that.  

ReKay

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 10:00 am
Emrys brought up a good point. Sometimes, when the leylines cross, they create a sink or a rise where the energy flows. They also occasionally shift and buckle, so that could be why so many of them showed up suddenly. Something to do with the day or maybe an event in your neighborhood.
My friend said that the critters are likely kobolds, that they poke things and mess around with things like art supplies out of boredom.
If you had work done and they went into hiding, he says the work might turn up to be shoddy because they like to sabotage other people's work, being notoriously jealous.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 4:31 pm
There was definitely something going on the day so many of them appeared at once. I wish I would've recorded the exact day it happened.

I have no idea about ley lines around here. I looked all over online for any information on them, but couldn't find anything relevant. I'm not sure where I'd look more locally.

It might be worth noting that compared with a lot of buildings around here, this place is pretty old. We're thinking it was built in the mid or late 1800's.

From your description of kobolds, and what I've read about them online, I'm thinking that might be what these guys are. Does anyone know where I could find more information on them? If not online, are there any books I might want to look into?

Thanks, everyone, for your suggestions.

This still leaves me wondering what the skitters are, since they're everywhere near where I live. They don't seem to do anything, though, so I wouldn't imagine that they would have earned any kind of reputation.  

ReKay

Lila Malvae

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:03 am
The area around "leyline" prominence is usually pretty unstable, and can spark off some energy now and then. I'd say most likely that the skitters are either something that came from the prominence or some sort of thought form.  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff