Snake? Snake?! SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!?! Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:22 am
One of my favorite characters in video games got an update today. And what an update!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

"The legendary mercenary makes his miraculous Smash debut! This law-breaking news roared around the world.

He comes fully loaded with cool and showy weapons that only he could possess. Couple them with these different worlds, and it will clear a path to new horizons."

There was also a music update, which you can find here:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/music/music11.html

Special moves:
"It’s not just Snake’s special moves that use ordnance—so do his Smash attacks. Can that be?"
He’s something up in the air!

He’s planting something!

"This is called a Nikita. It’s a remote-controlled missile. "
Missile fired!

"You can control the missile yourself! But since Snake is so focused on controlling the missile, he’s completely defenseless while he does so."

If things get dangerous, press the shield button to stop controlling the missile.

Try walking around with the pin out.

"Press your special-move button to pull out the pin. The will explode after a few seconds, so be aware of the time and press the special-move button again to toss the ."

Strong throw!

Mid throw!

Soft throw!

There are three ways to throw the .
Tilt the Control Stick forward, not at all, or backward.

"In some cases, s you drop may get returned to sender.

And his recovery special move is..."

Oh! Watch out! In times like this...

Shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh-shoosh!

"Use his flying reconnaissance camera, the Cypher, to recover. Snake can’t fly, but he’ll do what he must.

He’ll use anything in the battlefield. That’s the crux of survival."

No update regarding the Down special yet.

Predictions as towards some moves and 'ordinance' we saw today...

Up Smash: Mortar
Forward Smash: The rocket that we saw being used on Pit in the second trailer (could be a down tilt)
Down smash: Mine (which is AWESOME!)

Down special: The box.

Discuss!! ^ ^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:05 am
inB4 Snake/Ike Rape joke.

Back on topic, Snake looks to be one hell of an edge-guarder and the Cypher could give him a very nice recovery if it lasts long enough.  

IceStormV1

Talwar126

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:12 am
Snake... The Ness/Samus hybrid, King of All Ranged Attacks. I'll call him KARA from this day onward.

I think that the Box will actually be Snake's Shield, a-la Yoshi and his egg. I want his Down+B to be the Mini-Gear thing that Otacon uses. ^^;

Honestly, I like him, but I think that he's too projectile based to be a top-tier character. If his melee is mostly more projectiles, I feel that it'll make him too slow to take on faster characters like Mario or Metaknight who would overwhelm him as he tried constantly to set up his range. I like how they gave him a pseudo-Ness Jacket move with his Mines. One minute you're walking and the next you're flying off in the opposite direction.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:33 am
Talwar126

Honestly, I like him, but I think that he's too projectile based to be a top-tier character. If his melee is mostly more projectiles, I feel that it'll make him too slow to take on faster characters like Mario or Metaknight who would overwhelm him as he tried constantly to set up his range. I like how they gave him a pseudo-Ness Jacket move with his Mines. One minute you're walking and the next you're flying off in the opposite direction.

I agree, he looks to dominate in a multi-man brawl, but He's not gonna get the range in a 1on1 match to projectile/bomb spam. I doubt we'll be seeing him in one of the higher tiers.  

IceStormV1

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:44 am
I object, actually.

We've seen him use melee moves in the trailers, as well as an aerial or two.

I think Snake will be a great edge guarder (Mine by the ledge, anyone?). I think he'll be able to hold his own in melee and aerial combat.

My goal is to master the eff out of Snake. ^ ^

Anyway. We'll have to wait and see on some more moves, but I don't think Snake is all projectile. wink  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:25 pm
Snake looks like a great character. Nice long range attack with the side b, and i like the down smash. I'll probably be putting mines by the edge all the time.  

NekkyoMaster

Talwar126

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:57 pm
SilentBlackTiger
My goal is to master the eff out of Snake. ^ ^

You and so many others. ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:25 pm
I'm not really into Snake. I never got into the games, and I'm not crazy about the character. I honestly don't think he works for Smash at all. He's stealthy, which is the last thing Smash Bros is. It seems so random and wrong that he was chosen to be in the game. I guess I'll have to wait and see how he turns out.  

A Pharmaceutical Bandit

Pent and Ten

Moonlight Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:25 pm
that pic of Snake holding Ike looks like rape  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:42 pm
Melomaniacal
I'm not really into Snake. I never got into the games, and I'm not crazy about the character. I honestly don't think he works for Smash at all. He's stealthy, which is the last thing Smash Bros is. It seems so random and wrong that he was chosen to be in the game. I guess I'll have to wait and see how he turns out.

I've never played his games either. But still, he fights in his games too, as far as I know.

Besides, he uses things that explode. And that rocks.  

NekkyoMaster

General Lea

Interesting Conversationalist

10,450 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:40 pm
It seems that he's a very rounded character in aspects of different attack ranges. I'll be awaiting the gameplay personally.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:47 pm
So...flippin'...awesome...I can't wait to use him! mrgreen  

elf_hero66

IceStormV1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:37 pm
IceStormV1
inB4 Snake/Ike Rape joke.

Pent and Ten
that pic of Snake holding Ike looks like rape

Called it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:40 pm
he should have good melee attacks like everyone else. assuming all specials are mapped to B, and all melee are mapped to A (you know, how its always been), i dont see why anyone should be worried about that.

wonder what his final smash will be.  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

Talwar126

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:49 pm
General Lea
It seems that he's a very rounded character in aspects of different attack ranges. I'll be awaiting the gameplay personally.

Uh... did you see the same update that I saw? When I watched, I saw ranged attack, ranged attack, and a non-violent recovery technique for his revealed specials. Two of his smashes are ranged attack (in the vertical sense), and ranged attack (in the set it and let them hit it later sense). Then he probably has a few melee attacks for his tilts and side smashes... Oh, and he can throw. How is that rounded in aspects of different attack ranges? And, just so you know, being able to throw grenades with three different strengths doesn't count as "different ranges". From the look of it, he's all about a long range assault.

I lol'd at IceStorm's comment.

And as for his Final Smash... he better use a Metal Gear of some sort. Whether that be the Shagohod or REX, I don't care... but it's got to be one of them.  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff