Did you read it in consecutive order?
  Yes, of course, how else would you?
  No, why should I?
  'Poll Whore' option of course
  Twilight-- what?
View Results

Ghemja

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:46 pm
        I just have a little question for you. If you see this, please post your response or at least vote. I want to know what everyone thinks. :]

So, to really understand the Twilight series by Miss Meyer, would you agree that you should read it in consecutive order (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, etc.)?

You see, this girl in my class was reading New Moon. My friend who is also a Stephanie Meyer fan asked the girl what she thought about the first one. She replied, "I don't know. I haven't read it yet." So my friend told her that to understand it, she should be reading it in order. "Whatever. I'll just read this one, then Eclipse, then Twilight, then New Moon again."

My friend and I were both to the point of outrage with her after a while of debating (and due to other previous upsets with this girl) all before class was dismissed.

So, what do you think? Consecutive order or does it even matter?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:49 pm
        Anyone?

Ghemja

Epitaph of the Twilight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:59 pm
Well, consecutive order is generally for everything, and it sure helps, but its not required, and its perfectly fine to read it out of order. I would have had a problem reading it out of order, but thats just me.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:01 pm
i don't think you can totally understand just how in love they are if you don't read twilight.  

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Edward Cullen is My Life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:39 pm
OF COURSE ORDER MATTERS!!!
especially in this series!!!!

i mean you wont understand what is going on in new moon if you havent read twilight...
i mean you would understand some things...
but the majority of it you wont....

so i say YES!!!  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Well..I think you have to read New Moon before Eclipse, but it's probably not as important to read Twilight before New Moon. I mean..it's better to..but when I read New Moon it was like more than a year after I read TWilight and I couldn't remember anything from the first book. So the parts where they talked about Laurent and Phoenix kind of confused me, but it wasn't really that important to the story that you totally needed to know what happened
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

KiraLight
Crew

Fifii

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:59 pm
definetly consecutive order  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:29 am
It would be best to read them in order, but I know some people who can read books out of order and still get it.  

Mizuko Aquarian

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:01 pm
I have to say consecutive order. If you don't read Twilight first, you won't be able to truly appriciate Edward and Bella's love.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:26 am
ORDER!!! My friend and I started the revolution at my school and everyone who read New Moon was like what happened and her and I were like, "NO!!! READ TWILIGHT!"
(consecutive..... sorry I rant on this all the time... sweatdrop )  

x-GhostExplorer-x

- m a c a r o n i e -

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:32 pm
the anethestic never set in and i'm wondering where
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

consecutive order
for sure.
it just wouldn't make
sense otherwise.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
the apathy and urgency is that i thought i phoned in

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:49 pm
I think that consecutive order is best, expecially since so much happens and since the later books make referances to the eairlier books it's just a good idea, in my opinion of course.  

violin girl16

N is for Narwhal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:49 am
If you didn't read Twilight before New Moon, how would you know that Edward and Bella were in such love?And that Bella was not just being an idiot by overreacting about her boyfriend leaving her? OR, that Edward was serious when he said he was lying about why he left her in the first place?

So yes.In my opinion, it is important.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 6:48 pm
Reading the Twilight books out of order would be completely out of the question for me. It's just not my way.

However, I'm sure that even if I had read New Moon first I still would've been completely attached to the characters and (possibly) slightly more accepting of Jacob.

I just...don't understand people who do that. I could never read the second book of anything first. I can't even watch TV shows without having seen the first episode! xD

And also...wouldn't you be a little confused when characters like Victoria start showing up if you hadn't read Twilight?

Cereal Strawz

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff