So a couple weeks ago when I was at the library I checked out a book called "99 Ways to Cut, Sew, and Deck Out Your Denim" by Compai, as I have 8247248 pairs of jeans formerly belonging to myself, my parents or total strangers that I'd love to recycle by sewing into something else. Just last night I was trying to do the first project in the book, given as it literally has my name on it. The pattern-type thing was a little unclear and not very precise, but workable.
I should have realized that it wouldn't work, even using the biggest pair of jeans I had (some large black men's jeans). You can tell the pair used in the picture must have been large, for the shirt to be that long. My pair were probably smaller, and also the model used for the original picture must have been rather flat-chested, which I am not, and so the pre-existing seam of the jeans would not have fallen underneath my breasts and therefore the shirt would not fit properly, meaning that now on top of feeling frustrated I am also suddenly and annoyingly self-concious and mad.
Has anyone ever had a problem like this? Does anyone happen to have any experience making any of the things in this book? Is there anything I can do to save and fix my project?