d) no, yes, yes
  e) yes, no, no
  f) yes, no, yes
  g) yes, yes, no
  h) yes, yes, yes
View Results

Lahlooooouh

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:45 pm
You know in halo so many people get annoyed when i do things like bxr and claim that things like that are the only reason i am good at that game.. yet i am actually pretty good at halo 3 and have already played it lol.

Well now playing SSBM i understand.. when some guy is wavedashing across the entire level and is so good i get 4 stocked everytime.. and he uses lots of glitches.. it drove me crazy.. but he was like pro or something.. i am still pretty decent myself.

Well anyways Halo is the game i am good at but i just love SSB such a great game..

Still do you think that there should be all these glitches?
Do you think Brawl will get rid of most the current ones?
Do you think there will be more anyways either way?

oh yeah and give some reasons why..
Personally i think no, yes, yes. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:59 pm
It doesn't matter. Glitches like wavedashing can be considered to be additional features to the game. If they're there, use them. If they're not, no harm done.  

Sio

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:18 am

I prefer not to think of wavedashing as a glitch,
but rather a ... technique.
...Yes.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:01 am
1) doesnt matter. if they make it in, ok, but if not, no sweat, all the hardcore smash players will just stay with melee and not brawl.

2) i think they wont get rid of the current glitches, at least not all of them. here's how i hope it plays out
L-cancelling) will stay. it was in SSB64, it was in melee... it'll be in brawl

wavedashing) not sure if itll stay... can't decide if this move was intended to be in the game or not, like l-cancelling was

chain grabbing) hate it, hope its gone xd

wobbling) see above

3) no, since the only gameplay addition to brawl is crawling (which i'm not sure is still in the game - i have a theory that it was only showed off in the videos to show off snake's crawl) and i cant think of any way to make a glitch out of that.  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 10:07 pm
Magical Girl Yossy

...Yes.

Quoted for truth.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:37 pm
Amazing-Ness287
2) i think they wont get rid of the current glitches, at least not all of them. here's how i hope it plays out
L-cancelling) will stay.

L-canceling is not a glitch. Don't refer to it as one.  

Sio

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 8:53 pm
its not in the manual.

therefore, glitch!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 9:03 pm
Sio
Amazing-Ness287
L-cancelling) will stay.

Actually it kind of is, I mean your manipulating the combat system too speed up recovery time. Sounds like a glitch to me, I guess it just depends on a persons opinion.  

MONKIE LAD

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 10:28 pm
Amazing-Ness287
its not in the manual.

therefore, glitch!

Neither is ledgehopping, dash dancing, or chain grabbing.

Something doesn't have to be in the manual for it to be 'legal'. Example: In pokemon, there's something EV's. Every pokemon gives an effort value towards a stat that increases the stat potential at level 100. While not in the manual, there are things in the game that prove EV's were part of the programming and included in the game (There's an NPC who awards your pokemon with a ribbon when your EV's are maxed, along with items that boost the rate at which you get EV's).

Just saying it works for others too.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:00 am
SilentBlackTiger
Amazing-Ness287
its not in the manual.

therefore, glitch!

Something doesn't have to be in the manual for it to be 'legal'. Example: In pokemon, there's something EV's. Every pokemon gives an effort value towards a stat that increases the stat potential at level 100. While not in the manual, there are things in the game that prove EV's were part of the programming and included in the game (There's an NPC who awards your pokemon with a ribbon when your EV's are maxed, along with items that boost the rate at which you get EV's).

Curse you!
I was going to mention the Pokémon EV's.
Stole my thunder, tricksey hobbit.

Magical Girl BunnyWinx

Angelic Spirit

9,675 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0

Einherjar O D I N
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:08 am
Magical Yossy
SilentBlackTiger
Amazing-Ness287
its not in the manual.

therefore, glitch!

Curse you!
I was going to mention the Pokémon EV's.
Stole my thunder, tricksey hobbit.

eek

Yous plays Pokemon, preciousss?  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:42 pm
yeah, i was thinking about it at work, in Metroid Prime 3, you can jump while in morph ball mode by moving the wii remote up, and it doesnt tell you that in the manual, or in-game. it would be odd to think of that as a glitch.

that said, i still think of L-cancelling as a glitch, and there's nothing you can do about it!  

Amazing-Ness287
Vice Captain

Sio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:25 pm
MONKIE LAD
Sio
Amazing-Ness287
L-cancelling) will stay.

Actually it kind of is, I mean your manipulating the combat system too speed up recovery time. Sounds like a glitch to me, I guess it just depends on a persons opinion.

Z-canceling.

Sound familiar? That's because it was in the original Smash. The fact that it carried over means it's become an intended feature, much like Jump Installs in Guilty Gear.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:37 am
Magical Girl Yossy

...Yes.

that seems to be more reasonable  

last angel served

That1WillGuy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:02 pm
Personally think of it as a technique not a glitch. I always though of glitches as (In Halo) "What the heck? I'm stuck in the corner of this wall and can't get out. Hah, enemy I think I'll shoot him while I'm here. What? I can't shoot. WHAT?! NO! DON'T TOSS PLASMA GRENADES AT ME!" I would then proceed to yell lines from Red Vs. Blue to make them stop nading my frozen corpse.

Now wavedashing doesn't freaking screw with the game until you explode like that. Now falling through the stage for no apparent reason is a glitch.  
Super Smash Bros. Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff