Poll Guild of DOOM liek totally doomy and stuff 

Tags: Poll, DOOM, Elephant, Guild, Silly 

Reply Literate Hell
Does Poetry Show Artistic Talent?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which do you think is harder/more impressive?
  Visual art
  Literary art
View Results

Eunuch

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:40 pm
I have to wonder if Literary art is respected on Gaia. Granted it is a website based on animation generally referenced from japan, but I know some people who do fan-fictions. I for one haven't done any fan-fictions myself but I have created a few peices of poetry and prose that other people tend to like.

Oh well, it's open for discussion. Who thinks they should have Fan-fictions showcased here, and if they do, Where are they?

If you want to read my work DeviantArt has my showcase

www.canniballad.deviantart.com  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:18 am
Well CannibalLad (Delta Echo Romeo Echo Kilo), I personally believe that visual art is harder because fewer people are trained to do it as opposed to all the language arts classes that are required just to graduate High School. Even in college general education classes, there is only one art class required compared to the two or three Language arts classes required for the Associate of Arts degree. I do agree that Gaia is more centered towards the visual arts than the literary arts but I have seen literary arts mainly posted in peoples journals (unfortunately I can't remember exactly where).  

longaps

Relentless Gaian

33,575 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50

GreenMoonMonkey8406

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2008 7:16 am
i'd have to say that visual art is harder than literary art, but i'd much rather be good in literature than visual art 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:46 pm
Both can be very impressive but I probably find literary art a little more so. Probably because I'm better at visual art than literary, so it amazes me because I can't understand how someone can do it. The fact that I've learnt more about literary art than visual in an analytical sense probably also has an effect though as I can appreciate it a little more.

I think it'd be awesome if they had a proper place to post fanfictions on here.  

~Magic String~

Literate Hell

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff