Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Sims 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Great place to share/show your creations and meet other TS2 fans! 

Tags: Sims2, Simulation, Maxis, Electronic Arts, Social Bunny 

Reply Main Forum
Just remember, Bon Voyage has an big, BAD BAD BAD glitch... Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 3:26 pm
Update by Pollination Technician [01/29/08]: Official patch

I just thought I would, take a moment of my time to remind all of ya'll about the terrible programming error that is in Bon Voyage.
The game spawns a new NPC EVERY TIME you visit a community lot, vactation lot or not.
While this won't damage the game at first, it will slowly slow it down until you move about half a step every hour. and make it lag.
Deleting the many files with crash the game, and that would require a FULL UNINSTALL.
But, there is help. You have several choices :
1.) Avoid any and all community lots until Maxis/EA make the patch,
2.) Download the unofficial patch Here. Remember, it is not the official patch, it is a hack that will save your game until there is an official patch.
3.) Do nothing, let the game be damaged.
So, I just thought I would tell you all, before you lost your games.

(If I should have posted this in the help subforum, my apologies. ^.^)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 7:08 pm
Thanks for telling us of this.

It's okay in the main forum, in fact I'll put it up as an announcement.  

Pollination Technician
Captain

xXFaery_CatXx

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 3:09 am
my game seems fine right now....  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:06 am
Well, If you have Bon Voyage, it may right now, but, like I said, it will create mroe and more character files for NPC's until it really lags your game.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

awsome5

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 1:13 am
awwwww now i'm really worried sad sad sad  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:04 pm
Anyone see the big blow up going on right now after MaxoidSam said "It would take months and months of 24-hour play of Bon Voyage for this bug to create enough extraneous character files to have any significant impact on game performance, and we will have a patch for you that stops these extra files from being created long before that ever happens."

People are freaking out over it. It's interesting to watch. Here's the link to the MATY thread. MaxoidSam even goes so far as to create an account just to post on MATY... eek

Banana-nana

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:34 am
UPDATE!

The official patch has been put on the Sims 2 web site, and the link is here:

Link

The issue of spawned NPC's has been fixed.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:42 pm
They're still denying anything being wrong with SecuROM though. evil  

CupcakeBook

Fin Raziel

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:32 pm
EA did make an official patch, but I haven't installed it yet because it's trying to make me reinstall the freaking game. So I don't know what to do... I haven't had any problems or unusual slowing down at all, and from what I've read it's only the vacation lots that are causing this problem, and it's only the tour guide NPC that's screwing up...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 2:52 pm
can you just boolprop and delete them with the delete npc feature or would it crash?  

Rezuri-chanchan

litl_mama1971

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:11 pm
I just got the game a week ago. I haven't installed it yet. And when I do I'll install the patch right away. And I hope they made a decent patch and I won't have this problem crosses fingers and repeats hopefully.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:14 pm
thanks for telling me. to bad i didnt read sooner my comptuer crashed and died because of tht game about a week ago and i had to get and new comptuer and start the sims over.  

bighairy dog

iLuvHorses7

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 12:45 pm
Rezuri-chanchan
can you just boolprop and delete them with the delete npc feature or would it crash?

I wouldn't boolprop too much if I were you. I haven't played sims in quite a while, because my comp crashed (not from sims or boolprop) but I know that boolprop can be bad for your little torchure ho.... I mean precious simmies. It can crash your game if you use it too much without turning it off. I am a boolpropaholic, and when I get sims on my new computer, I sure will use boolprop. But, I still wouldin't boolprop and delete them becauese, well, it might be bad to our little sla... I mean sims.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:08 am
Boolprop can mess up your game, and it's happened to me. My sim was on a community lot, and when she went back home, she had disappeared! She never came back. >.>

But then I got her back with boolprop, thank plumbob.

Anyway, like I said, the NPC cannot be deleted, as it will crash your game if you delete them.

The heart of reality

5,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Citizen 200

smgirl825

Fashionable Businesswoman

6,450 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:34 am