Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
Question about EV training

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueCatastrophe

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:58 pm
Ok so everyone knows there's this lady in sunnyshores seals shop (try saying that three times fast), that awards you an effort ribbon after you've reached like 516 (or so) effort points. I'm not sure which stat it is that my poke has maxed out (special defense?). All I want to know is, is it possible to gain more EVs for other stats, even after I've aquired the ribbon?? Thanks in advance for your help. =D  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:33 pm
Well, I know she gives your Pokemon a ribbon, but I'm not sure if she gives it a ribbon if one or both of the stats are maxed sweatdrop  

PhoenixBlade983

Itakio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:39 pm
I'm pretty sure she only gives you a ribbon if you have all 510 EVs. Also, you can take away EVs (even affter getting the ribbon) by using the berries that say they lower the "base stat" of whatever stat.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:08 pm
lowrers [insert stat here] but, makes pokemon more friendly

pomeg berry should be the first one for HP.

you can save your game then use the berries to reduce your EV for each is 10 EV subtracted so use this method to find out how much EV your pokemon have. jst make sure you dont save after you use the berries..unless your planning on retraining them  

16bit-Plumber

BlueCatastrophe

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 5:54 pm
Itakio
I'm pretty sure she only gives you a ribbon if you have all 510 EVs. Also, you can take away EVs (even affter getting the ribbon) by using the berries that say they lower the "base stat" of whatever stat.

Well, she's given the ribbons to four of my pokemon already soo...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 6:02 pm
16bit-Plumber

you can save your game then use the berries to reduce your EV for each is 10 EV subtracted so use this method to find out how much EV your pokemon have. jst make sure you dont save after you use the berries..unless your planning on retraining them

So keeping the macho brace on my pokes' would only hinder it in battle? :z  

BlueCatastrophe

8,750 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Full closet 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150

16bit-Plumber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 8:01 pm
BlueCatastrophe
16bit-Plumber

So keeping the macho brace on my pokes' would only hinder it in battle? :z
if it has finished EV training remove the macho brace... if isnt done leave it on and go train

but the ribbon means you have finished your training

and the only way to reduce your already finished EV is to use those berries  
Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces