Welcome to Gaia! ::

Craftin' - A sewing, knitting and glue kind of place.

Back to Guilds

Reply Tutorials
Pipecleaner Halloween ornaments :)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

How was this tutorial?
  Easy
  okay
  hard to follow
View Results

bookaholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:41 pm
User Image

These are fast and easy to make! I made each in about ten minutes.

This tutorial will be for the skeleton, but for the pumpkin man they're pretty much the same.

You need 3 white and one black pipe cleaner (for the pumpkin man you need 5 orange and one green, just because you wrap the body more to make him fatter)

1. Fold the black pipe cleaner in half.
User Image

2. Fold the ends under just slightly. I used needlenosed pliers, but fingers work too.
User Image

3. Bend the two ends of the pipe cleaner to the length that you want the arms to be.
User Image

4. Fold the ends of the pipe cleaner up again, not quite in half. The middle bend is the neck; the two bottom bends will make the feet.
User Image

5. Attach a white pipe cleaner to the neck by twisting one end around the other.
User Image

6. Starting underneath the arms, wrap the white pipe cleaner around the black, leaving space so that the black will show through. Wrap all the way down until you get to where the top of the legs will be.
User Image

7. Begin wrapping the white one down one leg, leaving a little space in between so the black shows. At the bottom, clip the white pipe cleaner and tuck the end into the leg.
User Image

8. Join the remainder of the white to the other leg and wrap as before.
After cutting the pipe cleaner, save the rest. You need it for the next step.
User Image

9. Stick the white pipe cleaner through the hole in the neck.
User Image

10. Fold it down in the front and back. This forms the spine and rib cage.
User Image User Image

11. With whatever you've got left, wrap it around the body and tuck the end in.
User Image

12. Join a new white pipe cleaner and wrap the arms, the only difference between this and the legs being that you wrap both down and back up the arms. When you're done, stick the end of the white pipe cleaner where the neck is.
User Image User Image

13. Fold the end down at the height that you want the head to be and wrap the remainder around the neck.
User Image

14. Join a new white pipe cleaner to the neck and wrap the head to get an approximately spherical shape. It doesn't have to be perfect.
User Image User Image

15. Draw the face. Try and make it approximately as big as the head. Don't use paper that's too thin, and DON'T use marker; this will bleed when you glue the face to the head. I used tacky glue because it dries quickly and it's not as wet as your standard Elmer's glue. I'm not sure how hot glue would work out.
User Image User Image

16. Voila! You're done!
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 8:56 pm
Cute! I don't have any Halloween ornaments. Now I need some pipe cleaners!  

KiwiDragon

bookaholic

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:45 pm
Post pictures when you're done! I'd like to see how it turns out for you guys.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:42 am
I could do that. Very instructive directions  

Little Skana

Flip-Flopper

44,900 Points
  • SpoOOokie Cookie Camp Treat Hunter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Task Accomplished 100

bookaholic

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:46 pm
Thank you. 3nodding

I'm toying with the idea of making santa ornaments