Submit

Mira

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:51 pm
.::Mira's Newbie Quest Thread::.

Well, thought I'd start a little thread for myself since I'm now a guild member. I don't want to bother any RP's, so I thought maybe this would be another way to meet some other owners.

I'm just looking for a cute little cub of my own.
Currently working on a submission for the Cheetah cub contest. Doubt I'll win it, there seems to be lots of great entries. I haven't read them yet though, I don't want to unconsciously steal anyone's ideas. xd

There seems to be so many little details about SOA, so I've been trying to read around the guild and pestering people in the main thread with questions in the meantime.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:39 am
Cheetah Cub RP Contest Entry:

Candy Sister
Name: Nia
Meaning: "Purpose" in Swahili
username: Mira
Personality:
"Quiet determination" is a very apt way to describe young Nia. She idolizes her beautiful, competent mother and hopes one day to become as successful a hunter. She has a habit of Mothering her siblings, a trait that promises to stand her in good stead when she has cubs of her own one day. Although generally of a quiet nature, Nia is quick to stand up for the little guy. If her stubborn reasoning fails to produce favorable results, she is not too timid to resort to physical negotiation- Although usually only as a last resort.
Entry:
Nia plodded along, her paws aching with her last failed attempt at making a kill.
"It's so much easier when Mother brings us the food." She huffed, still slightly out of breath from her last sprint. True to her name though, Nia refused to return to the lair without some proof of her fulfilled duty. The cool breeze dashing over the plain cooled her breath as she resolved to redouble her efforts.
"I'll have to do this for cubs of my own one day. What if some day I can't make a kill, and I have a lair full of cubs? It seems like Mother always manages to bring us something. I can almost smell the meat just thinking abou-" She broke off, her hackles rising of their own accord, she froze to perfect stillness.
Scanning the yellow grass stretching out before her, there was no sign of any life. And yet... Yes! Her dainty nostrils flared, dragging in a myriad of smells. The parched yellow grass with its aromatic bouquet, loamy earth hidden deep beneath the earth under her paws. The distant tang of salt water, carried by the Easterly wind. And most important, the sweaty, hearty scent of newborn Gazelle, just there, disguised in the grass.
Slipping forward on silent pads, Nia parted the grass with her twitching nose, praying for complete silence. Her last attempt had winded her. She had no energy for a renewed sprint, but if she could find a young Gazelle hidden in the flora her luck may turn around.
As if in response to her silent prayer, a rustling betrayed the presence of fresh meat just ahead of her. Her heart thrummed in her chest as her excitement rose.
Thinking of her Mother's lessons and with no time to waste, Nia took a deep breath and plunged forward. This was her favorite part of any hunt, and the most vital. Once her presence was announced, Nia knew that most prey would bolt. But the new Gazelle labored under some unseen ailment and had been left behind by her herd. The poor creature made some small attempt at escape, but the young cub's mouth was around the neck clamping out all sound and breath just as Colche had taught all of her cubs to do. While still inexpert at smothering her prey, Nia found that her instincts did much of the work for her. Imagining her own den of cubs at home, her kill was clean and merciful.
"Won't Mofer be ploud off me!" She gloated, her mouth mostly occupied with the business of hauling her kill back to the lair. "I bet even Afiyah will be zeloush!"

But that's old news.... I got a cub from Syrius Lionwing!! And she's the cutest little muck dweller ever!!! heart
Introducing Ila, yet to be born, but still cute as a button!

User Image  

Mira

5,650 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
[OOC] Quests [OOC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items