Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)
I'm pretty new, here's my work pls. give some advice :) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 2:48 am
I'm quite new to this place and i'm still finding things around, I've been here a few months so I'm getting around and I just found out that there's a forum for art so I wanted to see how people think about my work.

I've been drawing and practicing for a long time now, I want to have other peoples opinion on my drawings. Pls give out advice or any improvements I can make to it

User Image

This is my drawing of anbu kakashi, I think I really need to improve on this one

User Image

This one is my drawing of agito, its been edited so it looks a little better than its original form

My kakashi drawing hasn't been edited yet. I can't edit too much anymore cause our computer crashed and we need to by a new one, and that would take forever.

These two drawing are my best works, so basically thats the best I can do. I really want to improve so I need your help  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:30 am
Very, very well done! Magnificent!
I do love your cross-hatching technique (I just can't get a hold on it)...
I'd say you may want to shorten up the fingers a tad and, well, (it's only my personal taste, really) I would avoid defining every lock of hair. There are stylized techniques that require a tad less.
heart
Welcome, friend.
b  

Bellabie

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Hey hey, cool stuff! You drew two of my favourite anime characters. Lol xD
Like Bella, I'm pretty amazed at the cross-hatching shadowing thingy xD
Please post more for us to see xD

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 7:46 pm
Ooh, Kakashi heart ... his left shoulder seems a little out of line with the other, but other than that it's pretty good. I can't say I know the other character, but I like his [removed](his eyes and grin)... and as mentioned by koro above, the crosshatching is a nice touch. biggrin Your art style reminds me of a friend's, who actually helped me make my guys more manly-looking. Hope you post more soon, it's nice having some new artists in here. mrgreen  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:47 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
He's a character from Air Gear mrgreen

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:01 am
thanks to everyone, glad I'm welcomed here biggrin

I've been wanting to improve my drawing of kakashi but i didn't know what to do, so I came here to see other's opinion

Honestly, i've just started drawing again because of a friend
(i used to draw but I stopped). She made me draw again, I tried it again and I guess it became my hobby. I'm drawing thanks to her, actually she has an account here.

well thanks again, i'll be posting more often now. hope thats okay smile

--i adapted my drawin style and techniques from my brothers and sisters, they're way better than me XP--  

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:48 pm
Wow, you've got siblings who draw also? biggrin That must be helpful; you can bounce off ideas and tips from them (if they're the helpful type, that is) as well as improving on your own. Pretty advantageous, methinks... ^^

And I can relate to the friends thing-- without the encouragement of my own I might have given it up pretty early in, back when they were nothing more than "stick figures with pointy noses". sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:53 am
Yeah, they're helpful at times but they're also critics-- confused . Don't know if its blood but none of my parents know how to draw, its weird.

I remember when I drew stick figures, my brother was the one who thought me that, but when I saw anime i started drawing them, it evolved form sticks to actual drawings.

My friends birthday is comming, she's in another country so i've decided to draw her a cherry blossom tree, but its so damn hard!  

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:42 am
User Image

Oh oh! I really want to see how you will depict a sakura tree in a drawing whee
Please do show us later on when it's finish, kay? xD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:46 pm
Might be from further back in the gene pool... my mom's family is on the artistic side, and although my mom and grandma don't draw, my grandfather's grandfather was apparently some kind of artist/scholar. Of course this is all conjecture, nature versus nurture, etc., etc. But it's fun to think about, inheriting interests over the ages. wink

Speaking of stick figures, here are some pretty cool flashes I found... with stick figures! Don't know if you guys have seen them already or not, but here they are anyway. ^^

Animator vs. Animation
Animator vs. Animation II  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:10 pm
koromyst
User Image

Oh oh! I really want to see how you will depict a sakura tree in a drawing whee
Please do show us later on when it's finish, kay? xD

Here's my depiction of a cherry blossom tree

User Image

sad I Don't really think it looks much like a cherry blossom tree though.
I've been working on it for sometime now and I still don't think it looks like it. If only I could see it in person, I can only see it in pictures but thats not enough for me to draw it.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:22 pm
kyangfan
Might be from further back in the gene pool... my mom's family is on the artistic side, and although my mom and grandma don't draw, my grandfather's grandfather was apparently some kind of artist/scholar. Of course this is all conjecture, nature versus nurture, etc., etc. But it's fun to think about, inheriting interests over the ages. wink

Speaking of stick figures, here are some pretty cool flashes I found... with stick figures! Don't know if you guys have seen them already or not, but here they are anyway. ^^

Animator vs. Animation
Animator vs. Animation II

Wow, u must have inherited ur granpas talent. Thats nice, wish i had something like that, apparently everybody in my family tree didn't draw xd . I just learned how to draw and practiced it, but i do wish my grandparents and my mom could see my works, they're not here anymore

hey the stick figures are pretty nice--- xd -----  

Nuk0n

Feline Gaian

4,050 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

koromyst

Illuminated Star

19,900 Points
  • Pet Trainer 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Senpai's Notice 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:59 am
User Image

WHOAAAA!! Awesome sakura tree! eek
Very diligently done. Especially the leaves. It really looks great xD

@kyangfan>
I saw that flash movie once. It was really cool xD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:28 pm
*agrees with koro about the leaves* That must have taken a lot of time, I can see that each one is clearly and individually defined in the separate clusters. Your friend should be very pleased with it, I think. biggrin

I'm sure you've got at least one ancestral person who liked to draw... even if way way back, like a prehistoric cave painter, even. If not, then at least you and your siblings can set the trend for future generations! xd  

kyangfan

2,850 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Bellabie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:43 pm
Aw now I want to draw a sakura tree or branch, as well (and further neglect those to whom I owe art)...
sweatdrop
b  
Arts (Writing, drawing, Commission services and more!)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games