Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
Pagan Pride Day Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 11:30 am
October 7th, me and a friend are going to the Pagan Pride Day in Atlanta. Neither one of us have been, or have been to any pagan like activity either.

Other than the drive there, the cans for the food bank and proselytizing Christians (apparently, Pagan Pride Day is a bug zapper for Baptists), I'm not sure of what to expect when we get there.

Have you ever been to a Pagan Pride Day?
Wanna go? biggrin  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 4:37 pm
There's pros and cons to going to those things. Personally, if I went to one and at the end of it, the ground was littered with... well... litter, I'd be ranting for weeks. Don't kid yourself either because it's happened. Just because a large group of people celebrate together and call themselves Pagans, that doesn't necessarily mean they understand what it means to be one. [/semi-rant]  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:14 am
Surprisingly, there were no cigarette butts out and about. I saw a lot of people going through, just people as they walked around would notice a piece of something and throw it away in the proper containers.

There was a couple of work shops I would've liked to go to before we got there, but there were local Pagan bands the concerts were awesome, the crowd really got into it.

It was so incredibly awesome. I'm still in awe.
On the tram home, we all (two extra people came with us) just kept looking at each other and kept saying
"That was so cool."

rofl  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:03 am
One of these days I'll go to one... crying  

Starlock
Crew

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 am
Starlock
October seems to be the month for it. surprised  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:10 am
Jezehbelle
Starlock

Is it just me or does that seem to be correlated to Samhain being in October? The increased awareness of Witchcraft with all the politically incorrect witch depictions strewn about in the department stores' seasonal aisles?

Politically incorrect witches... (snicker)  

Starlock
Crew

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:39 am
Starlock
Jezehbelle
Starlock

Is it just me or does that seem to be correlated to Samhain being in October? The increased awareness of Witchcraft with all the politically incorrect witch depictions strewn about in the department stores' seasonal aisles?

I think it's to combat the witchy depictions strewn about the department stores' seasonal aisles by showing up and not wearing a witch hat. lol

(Though I do, personally... love that kinda hat... ninja )  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:06 pm
Jezehbelle
Starlock
Jezehbelle
Starlock

I think it's to combat the witchy depictions strewn about the department stores' seasonal aisles by showing up and not wearing a witch hat. lol

It's more of an irionic statement, in my eyes.

Like, "Look at us cool, cool Pagans! We can be proud of who we are even when there are misleading and degrading things of us all around.  

Prostiboot

Jezehbelle

PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:38 pm
JesusFries
Jezehbelle
Starlock
Jezehbelle
Starlock

Like, "Look at us cool, cool Pagans! We can be proud of who we are even when there are misleading and degrading things of us all around.
neutral  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 10:10 am
Jezehbelle
JesusFries
Jezehbelle
Starlock
Jezehbelle
Starlock

neutral

I actually remember someone posting in this guild a while back about how they were proud to dress up like the stereotypical green-faced, long-nosed, wart-covered witch. She said that that stereotype came about from the witch trial because that's how "witches" would look after being tortured for weeks, being beaten, covered in dried blood, etc. She felt like she was paying her respects to those who went through so much pain by dressing in that manner on Samhain.

It was a way I never thought of it before, but it makes sense and I never really viewed that stereotype the same way again 3nodding  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

safkef

Liberal Shopper

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:30 am
Atma311

I actually remember someone posting in this guild a while back about how they were proud to dress up like the stereotypical green-faced, long-nosed, wart-covered witch. She said that that stereotype came about from the witch trial because that's how "witches" would look after being tortured for weeks, being beaten, covered in dried blood, etc. She felt like she was paying her respects to those who went through so much pain by dressing in that manner on Samhain.

It was a way I never thought of it before, but it makes sense and I never really viewed that stereotype the same way again 3nodding

Wow, that's kind of deep!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 6:15 am
Every year I go to a "fariy festival' Which is actually may day festival running three days in may. Lots of pagan vendors, music, dancing, and workshops. Their are very very children friendly. Having fairy tea parties and puppet shows, crafts and music for then. The festival is located on an organic farm, it is very very clean. People wear costumes. Two years ago me and my son got our pictures on their site. He was helping me dance around the maypole ( he was only 4) . They are good festivals to go to and their are not so good festivals to go to.
Be picky about the ones you do look into, and don't let some people like above stare discouraging you from reaching out and finding others like it. Just be smart about it. ^_^

Mor Righ Anu

twilight insanity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:50 am
i'd like to go to a festival like that... so far i've been to gay pride fairs, mayday celebrations, and the farmer's market...all in teh same plaze... xp in town...where i can get there walking just as fast as taking the bus... stare ...actualy, i was disapointed by the mayday fest on beltane, though neil and amber seemed pleased by what they acomplished. gonk cause i dunno how THEY saw it, but i saw all there hippster friends who claime dto be anarchists just drinking and smoking and watching the radical cheerleaders, then when the night was done they packed up and went right back to daily life! stressed i felt like the only one who actualy took it seriously and wanted to do something about it. sad a few hundred dollar donations so you can get free t-shirts isn't gonna change the world people!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:38 am
wow I would like to go to a Pagan Pride day.  

Lilah-Clover

Azriel Silverwings

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:24 pm
ive never heard of pagan pride day.... whats the date for this day ill be glad to be part of the day  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff