I need some advice

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

stacy_medina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:15 am
Two/three questions.

First, anyone know where I can get a decent H and K USP tactical?

Second, anyone know the regulations for shipping it, or taking it on a plane?

I want to get one for my husband for Christmas and I have to figure out how to get it home.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:28 pm
Well, for shipping, that is impossible if you want it to your home. You must have your local gun shop fax/send a copy of it's FFL to the seller of the firearm and they will thne proceed ot ship the gnu to the store. You then must undergo your usual routine for buying a gun.

As for taking it on planes, generally a nono. All firearms must be locked in an TFA-approved case, ammo in a seperate locked hard case with protects the tips and primers. Generally, there is an 11-pound rule on ammo. While going through customs, you must announce the firearm for chekcing. They will check to make sure it is unloaded and the lock is secure, and will place a tag inside the case with the firearm. Make sure it is not removed. They are not allowed by law to place any tags or stickers on the case that announce it as a firearm, only the internal tag that says that the gun has been cleared.  

uryu ishida

stacy_medina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:40 pm
yeah, I can't have them ship it to a gun dealer here, I'm only 20.
Here you can own handguns at 18, you just can't buy them until you are 21.
I figured I would have his mom buy it, and I would just bring our handgun carrying case that we already have for taking our other gun with us if we need to.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:48 pm
Go to the local pawn shops that sell weapons and ask them if they can order it for you. Usually they can get you almost anything  

Fox2102

stacy_medina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 10:34 am
Fox2102
Go to the local pawn shops that sell weapons and ask them if they can order it for you. Usually they can get you almost anything

Have to be 21 to be able to do that  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:16 pm
Exotic_Memories
Fox2102

Or have you parents do it for you.  

Freak_090
Captain

I am an eggplant
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:15 am
Pawn shops mark everything up beyond reason, I'd check Gunbroker.com and have your local shop do a transfer.
[Hint]Maybe a friend of yours over 21 would buy one first and give it to you if he doesn't like it.[/hint]  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:34 am
Freak_090
Exotic_Memories
Fox2102

I was going to have his parents buy it for me, then we can fly it back.
but both sets of parents live multiple hours away so its not an option for them to do it for us locally  

stacy_medina

Freak_090
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:24 pm
Exotic_Memories
Freak_090
Exotic_Memories
Fox2102

I was going to have his parents buy it for me, then we can fly it back.
but both sets of parents live multiple hours away so its not an option for them to do it for us locally

You could also have it sent to a private FFl holder, they tend to be, by far, less expensive. around $15-20 usually.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:49 am
craigslist search for ffl holders in your area  

tokarov

Old Lord Brocktree

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:52 am
Well, you have to UPS it either over night or same day, I believe.  
Buying and Advice

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games