i think i screwed up

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:41 pm
i was doing a spell with a friend that required us to gather all our energy into me during it i felt my body tense up with pain and i almost passed out then i was compleatly exausted with no energy left i could barly sit up

what caused this?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:49 pm
You were taking all their energy into yourself? Sounds like you were over-loaded, but I could be wrong.  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:57 pm
yeah but ive never been overloaded before so why would it have happened now  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:59 am
SiegeDragomon

Do you make a regular habbit of absorbing all of another preson's energy and combining it with your own? The most likely explination, as far as I can see, is that you over did it. Our bodies are designed to only handle so much energy at a time, and it takes training to be able to expand on that. Part of the problem may also have been how the energy was released. Your partner may not have had a great handle on how to release and transer energy, and perhaps you didn't fully ground yourself afterwards.  

The Bookwyrm
Crew

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:36 am
Sounds like over-load to me. I've only been minorly overloaded, and that was when I was new to energy work. Yes, you body does tense up, and in my case, some tears started to flow by themselves. Seems like you got a major case of it. You lost control, and maybe intuitively got rid of all the energy in your body. My advice, don't do any more energy work for a while, and carry around some crytals.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:25 pm
Gypsy Blue
SiegeDragomon

Do you make a regular habbit of absorbing all of another preson's energy and combining it with your own? The most likely explination, as far as I can see, is that you over did it. Our bodies are designed to only handle so much energy at a time, and it takes training to be able to expand on that. Part of the problem may also have been how the energy was released. Your partner may not have had a great handle on how to release and transer energy, and perhaps you didn't fully ground yourself afterwards.
no i havent used all of another persons at once

Nihilistic Seraph
Sounds like over-load to me. I've only been minorly overloaded, and that was when I was new to energy work. Yes, you body does tense up, and in my case, some tears started to flow by themselves. Seems like you got a major case of it. You lost control, and maybe intuitively got rid of all the energy in your body. My advice, don't do any more energy work for a while, and carry around some crytals.
why would carrying crystals help  

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:08 pm
SiegeDragomon
no i havent used all of another persons at once

Then it definately sounds like an overload; you took too much into yourself at one time. I think Seraph had a great point about the crystals, since they can help to ground you and store access energies, along with a whole host of other goodies.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:14 pm
If you don't have any, go buy a couple, leave them in the sun for a while (a windowsill is great) and then just carry them around in your pocket or something. I'd suggest quartz and hematite.  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Cosmic Space Orange

Tipsy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:23 pm
ok thanks for the advice/help 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:24 pm
SiegeDragomon
ok thanks for the advice/help 3nodding
My pleasure  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

The Bookwyrm
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 9:51 am
Leaving them in a window every now and again during the full moon would be good for them, too. If they ever start to feel kind of funky, try that to cleanse them, or run them under some running water (from the tap is fine). You'll probably want to cleanse them before using them, as you have no idea who's been touching them and carrying what energy.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 12:20 pm
Yeah, I forgot about that, whoops sweatdrop  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out