Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gamers Promised Land, Gaia's Best Gaming and Pop Culture

Back to Guilds

Gaia's best guild for discussions and contests about Video Games, Pop Culture, general geek stuff, and any kind of discussion! 

Tags: Video Games, Pop culture, chatting, Internet, tournaments 

Reply Main Forum
elemental tourney starts OCT 10th!!!{spam it up, i dun care} Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:05 pm
like it says, five more days people, sign up now! ninja ninja  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:23 am
Hi  

Pretendo13

PhoenixBlade983

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 5:38 am
I can't sign up but I'm spamming cuz you sed we could.
wOOt for higher post count.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:49 pm
I won't be signing up do to the gay ghost only rule. Very boring battles with teams made of basically the same six pokemon.  

Deathguiser

ravemaster47

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:56 pm
meh.... it's quite easy, all you gotta do is mess with items, the right item can make the perfect team. but that's fine, it's sort of a beta test, it's the same thing as nitnit's tourney he was gonna do..  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:59 pm
wouldn't it have been better to allow everyone to use both Ghost and dark pokemon since they both relate to halloween... Plus everybody puts the same damn items on the things, it is pretty easy to guess what a Gengar is going to enter with.  

Deathguiser

Jonnnn

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:59 pm
Lets just ignore Jon's advice. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:04 pm
meh... who knows... like i said, rules are likely to change. and there's plenty of things a gengar can start with. choice specs, wise glasses, focush sash. i might make it dark as well. i might change it before the tourney starts  

ravemaster47

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:06 pm
ravemaster47
meh... who knows... like i said, rules are likely to change. and there's plenty of things a gengar can start with. choice specs, wise glasses, focush sash. i might make it dark as well. i might change it before the tourney starts

I dn't kow how else ot point this out, but the "main" point of a gengar is to dish as much damage as possible, and when reduced to 1 hp, D-bond its opponent. Choice specs are stupid, since somebody will switch into a normal type or something, and wise glass aren't that special.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:16 pm
You can 1HKO enemies using specs though.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:17 pm
nitnit
You can 1HKO enemies using specs though.

somebody with a brain would switch out to something that can easily take said attack.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:19 pm
You use a specs sweeper gengar for late game, after you eliminate the enemy's special sponges.  

nitnit
Captain

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:20 pm
still, fairly easy to counter  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:30 pm
just to make you people happy, i changed it to dark as well, this tourney was all about you skills as a trainer, but if you're all gonna whine about it bveing only one type, then i'll channge it.  

ravemaster47

Deathguiser

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:32 pm
I would like for you to point out the skill in a buch of people using most likely the same six items and randomly mixing up the items. Go ahead, i'll wait.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff