Welcome to Gaia! ::

The ~TRUE AND OFFICIAL~ Lucky Star Guild [OVA IN SEPTEMBER!?

Back to Guilds

Reply ~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild
Manga Corner! Manga we provide to YOU! (Newly added: Cristo) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you like this post?
  Yes
  No
  When will the other sites be up?
View Results

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 4:39 pm
User Image
Izumi-san.... ...you know that game I borrowed?

Well its about time I fixed this up and make it a true Manga Corner! X3

Tired of the ever popular Naruto, Bleach, and One Piece???
Want to read something else while waiting for thier updates???
Just want something new to read period???

Well here in the Manga Corner are Manga's that I have personally read and think everyone here would Enjoy and should give a chance to read!

If you wish for the link to the site PM me kay? I do this for everyone's and the scanlations safety! it is ALSO part of Gaia's RULES!!! so please dont get mad kay?

But for those of you who already know the site its the same exact one we get our beloved Lucky Star Manga! X3

I'll be updating this Corner with every new manga I finish reading and I plan to read almost every single one on this site.

Also if you are a Sports Manga Fan please contact me so I can have you tell me which ones are good or not... hate to admit this but I could never get into sports manga and I know a great many of people would probably want that up here ^_^* so PLEASE CONTACT ME Thank You!

Also please PLEASE dont tell me I should put up this one or that one up. these are all manga's I am UP TO DATE WITH! I KNOW that there are many others and alot of ones I have read, but I am NOT up to date with them. So please PLEASE be patient!

It IS okay to PM me or Post on here asking me if the site has a certain manga or not though I will EVENTUALLY put other Manga's from other sites on here, if they are not on site when you ask me, and I know of another spot I WILL tell you where to find it and the requirements for it. THANK YOU! X3

THESE ARE ALL MANGA'S 'I' CONSIDER MUST READS!!!

So Enjoy!!!

THE LIST!!! XD

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
ANGEL SANCTUARY

Series Info
Title: Angel Sanctuary
Categories: adventure, supernatural, romance, shoujo
Author: Yuki Kaori
Artist: Yuki Kaori
Chapters: 18 - ongoing

Summary

The angel Alexiel loved God, but she rebelled against Heaven when she saw how disgracefully the other angels were behaving. She was finally captured, and as punishment sent to Earth to live an endless series of tragic lives. She now inhabits the body of Setsuna Mudo, a troubled teen in love with his sister Sara. Setsuna's misery mirrors the chaos among the angels, and their combined passions threaten to destroy both Heaven and Earth.

CISTO

Series Info
Title: Cristo
Categories: action, shoujo
Author: Sorano Kairi
Artist: Sorano Kairi
Chapters: 4 - completed

Summary

Towa became a sweeper admiring the legendary sweeper called, "Orange-Eyed Messiah". The task of sweeper, which requires to "sweep" the monsters Adys is quite hazardous. On his first real attempt at fighting Adys, Towa encountered Kei, a former sweeper who saved him from being killed. Towa asked Kei to take him as a student. However, not only Kei plainly rejects Towa's request, he tells Towa that he saw the "Orange-eyed Messiah" die !? An appearance by a mysterious man who seems to be connected to Kei showed up with a grudge from the past. Who is he and what is his relationship with the "Orange-Eyed Messiah"? Will Towa finds out about Kei's past too?

D-GRAY MAN

Series Info
Title: D.Gray-Man
Categories: adventure, comedy, shounen, horror
Author: Katsura Hoshino
Artist: Katsura Hoshino
Chapters: 133 - ongoing

Summary

Akuma, monsters born from dead souls mistakenly recalled by their loved ones to the living world, are the weapons of the Millenium Earl, who is intent on the destruction of the world. Allen Walker has been cursed with an anti-Akuma weapon as his left arm and an eye that sees the former soul of the Akuma since his youth. He is also one of the few who contain "Innocence", a substance that allows him to kill Akuma and fight the Earl. With these powers, he joins the Black Priest Organization as an Exorcist and sets out with other Exorcists to stop the Earl's attempts to annihilate the human race.

DOUJIN WORKS

Series Info
Title: Doujin Work
Categories: comedy, shounen, ecchi
Author: hiroyuki
Artist: hiroyuki
Chapters: 15 - ongoing

Summary

Doujin Market. It is a place where individuals sell their self-published books. Each participant works daily to achieve their personal goals.

While their are some who obtain their dreams, there are also those who get pounded by reality. This is the story of those who live in the world of Doujin.

FALL IN LOVE LIKE A COMIC

Series Info
Title: Fall In Love Like A Comic
Alternate Title: Manga Mitaina Koi Shitai
Categories: comedy, romance, shoujo
Author: Yagami Chitose
Artist: Yagami Chitose
Chapters: 5 - completed

Summary

Rena lives a double life as a normal high school girl and a mangaka artist drawing sexy love scenes. All seems to be going well until she accidentally bumped into popular high school idol, Tomoya. Rushing away from the encounter, Rena suddenly realized that she has lost her latest draft! Quickly rushing to school, she was surprised to se Tomoya waiting for her. Could this be end of her drawing days? What does Tomoya have in store for her?

FULLMETAL ALCHEMIST

Series Info
Title: Full Metal Alchemist
Categories: adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, shounen, action
Author: Hiromu Arakawa
Artist: Hiromu Arakawa
Chapters: 76 - ongoing

Summary

"Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange. In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth."

ICHIGO 100%

Series Info
Title: Ichigo100%
Categories: comedy, shounen, romance, ecchi
Author: Mizuki Kawashita
Artist: Mizuki Kawashita
Chapters: 167 - completed

Summary

Manaka Junpei, one day goes to the roof of his school to get a beautiful view of his town. On the roof Junpei encounters a beautiful school girl who falls on top of him exposing her strawberry panties. The girl runs away before Junpei can find out her name. Junpei who aspires to become a filmaker thinks this encounter would be a perfect scene in a movie. So his search to find this girl begins with only one clue that she wears strawberry panties.

LILIM KISS

Series Info
Title: Lilim Kiss
Author: Kawashita Mizuki
Artist: Kawashita Mizuki
Chapters: 24 - completed

Summary

Saiki Takaya, a guy who is easily misunderstood, one day finds a flask containing the succubus Lilim. She is very attractive but, she also has the tendency to drain the life force out of people. She surprises the life out of him (literally) when she kisses him unconscious. The girl, Lilim, turns out to be a succubus who gains energy by kissing guys. Lilim then flies off for more "food," but returns later, saying that Takaya's life-energy was the "tastiest." From then, Lilim is accepted by Takaya's parents as a live-in girlfriend of sorts, and Takaya's heart seems to start wavering towards this voluptuous devil.

LOVE HINA

Series Info
Title: Love Hina
Author: Akamatsu Ken
Artist: Akamatsu Ken
Chapters: 123 - completed

Summary

Keitaro has had great difficulty getting into the university of his choice and no luck in meeting women. In a desperate effort to go into seclusion and study for his entrance exams, he volunteers to take over running his grandmother's hotel. His plans are ruined when he discovers that the "hotel" is actually an all-girls dormitory...and some serious distractions ensue.

LUCKY STAR

Series Info
Title: Lucky Star
Categories: comedy, school life
Author: Kagami Yoshimizu
Artist: Kagami Yoshimizu
Chapters: 16 - ongoing

Summary

Lucky Star's story portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The setting is based on the town Kasukabe in Saitama Prefecture. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and has low grades. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games and lack of interest in anything else. The serialization began with the four main characters in their first year of high school: Konata Izumi, Kagami Hiiragi, Tsukasa Hiiragi, and Miyuki Takara. As the story progresses, they move onto their second and third year.

MERU PURI

Series Info
Title: Meru Puri
Categories: comedy, fantasy, romance, shoujo
Author: Hino Matsuri
Artist: Hino Matsuri
Chapters: 22 - completed

Summary

All high school freshman Airi Hoshina ever wanted was to someday live in a cozy home with a loving husband, and find joy in the little things in life. As a result, she makes it her daily mission to get to school on time because school legend has it that the longer one's non-tardy streak is, the better boyfriend one will find. But just when her daily routine is working like clockwork, an occurrence of fairytale proportions threatens to disrupt her grand plan.

MX0

Series Info
Title: Mx0
Categories: comedy, shounen, supernatural, romance, ecchi, school life
Author: Kano Yasuhiro
Artist: Kano Yasuhiro
Chapters: 58 - ongoing

Summary

The story starts off with a flashback, Kuzumi Taiga is asked at his school entrance interview what he would do if he could use magic. "Take over the world" is his reply, followed by an outburst of laughter from a very cute girl. Not much remains in his memory after those events, but he does remember the girl and she is somehow involved in him failing to enter the school of his choice. Wandering around outside of aforementioned school the next day, he gets mistaken for a student ditching class by one of the teachers, and get's pulled into the school through a magic barrier he did not notice. He is in fact a student with no magical ability at all, and it just so happens this is a magic school.

PERFECT GIRL EVOLUTION

Series Info
Title: Perfect Girl Evolution
Alternate Title: Wallflower
Categories: comedy, drama, romance, shoujo
Author: Hayakawa Tomoko
Artist: Hayakawa Tomoko
Chapters: 59 - ongoing

Summary

It's a gorgeous, spacious mansion, and four handsome, fifteen-year-old friends are allowed to live in it for free! There's only one condition-that within three years the guys must transform the owner's wallflower niece into a lady befitting the palace in which they all live! How hard can it be?

Enter Sunako Nakahara, the agoraphobic, horror-movie-loving, pockmark-faced, frizzy-haired, fashion-illiterate recluse who tends to break into explosive nosebleeds whenever she sees anyone attractive. This project is going to take more than our four heroes ever expected: it needs a miracle!

PRETTY FACE

Series Info
Title: Pretty Face
Categories: comedy, shounen, romance, ecchi, school life, gender bender
Author: Kano Yasuhiro
Artist: Kano Yasuhiro
Chapters: 52 - completed

Summary

Randoh Masashi, a self-centered, brash karate star, was the victim of a horrific bus accident that left him comatose, his face terribly disfigured by extensive burns. Genius plastic surgeon Dr. Manabe saved Rando's life and went to work on his face, gradually reconstructing it based on a photograph found in the wreckage of the bus. When Randoh wakes up from his coma, a year has passed, and Dr. Manabe has made remarkable progress. But in a cruel twist of fate, the photo that the doctor used as his reference was not a picture of Randoh, but of Rina Kurimi, the girl whom Randoh has a crush on!

RUROUNI KENSHIN

Series Info
Title: Rurouni Kenshin
Categories: shounen, action, historical
Author: Watsuki Nobuhiro
Artist: Watsuki Nobuhiro
Chapters: 256 - completed

Summary

140 years ago in Kyoto, with he coming of the American "Black Ships," there arose a warrior who, felling men with his bloodstained blade, gained the name Hitokiri , man slayer! His killer blade helped close the turbulent Bakumatsu era and slashed open the progressive age known as Meiji . Then he vanished, and with the flow of years, became legend.

TSUKIHIME

Series Info
Title: Tsukihime
Categories: supernatural, action, horror, seinen
Author: Sasaki Shonen
Artist: Sasaki Shonen
Chapters: 44 - ongoing

Summary

The series follows the life of Shiki Tohno, a prodigious 17-year old high school student, who is gifted with a mysterious ability to see "death-lines", which, when cut, will destroy the object they reside within. A product of a fatal, life-threatening injury suffered in his childhood, this unique yet traumatizing ability of Shiki's is shielded by a pair of special glasses, a childhood gift from a mysterious woman, Aoko Aozaki. These glasses aid him in not seeing the death-lines and to live a relatively peaceful and normal life.
Shiki is sent away from his household, the Tohno mansion, because of the fatal injury and the ill health that followed afterwards. He spends years living with relatives of the Tohno family, the Arimas. Finally, after eight years, following the death of his adoptive father, Makihisa, Shiki returns to the Tohno mansion to live with his sister, Akiha. Akiha had been given the responsibility of being the Tohno family's new matriarch.
The story begins when Shiki, now a highschool student, returns to the Tohno Household. On his first day, he kills a woman in a fit of insanity. However, his 'victim', Arcueid, turns out to be an immortal, a vampire, and she enlists Shiki's aid in a conflict between opposing vampire factions.

VAMPIRE KNIGHT

Series Info
Title: Vampire Knight
Categories: supernatural, romance, mystery, shoujo, school life
Author: Hino Matsuri
Artist: Hino Matsuri
Chapters: 32 - ongoing

Summary

Cross Academy is attended by two groups of students: the Day Class and the Night Class. At twilight, when the students of the Day Class return to their dorm, they cross paths with the Night Class on their way to school. Yuki Cross and Zero Kiryu are the Guardians of the school, there to protect the Day Class from the Academy's dark secret: the Night Class is full of vampires.

ZETTAI KARESHI

Series Info
Title: Zettai Kareshi
Alternate Title: Absolute Boyfriend
Categories: comedy, romance, shoujo
Author: Watase Yuu
Artist: Watase Yuu
Chapters: 33 - completed

Summary

Rejected way too many times by good-looking (and unattainable) guys, shy Riiko Izawa goes online and signs up for a free trial of a mysterious Nightly Lover "figure." The very next day a cute naked guy is delivered to her door, and he wants to be her boyfriend!
Has Riiko died and gone to heaven? The cute guy turns out to be sweet, smart, a great cook, and lots more. And he looks like a million bucks, which is what he's going to cost Riiko if she doesn't return him in time...

God... I read WAAAAAY to much manga XD and to think Ive read over 50 other different series! X3

...I accidentally saved over your save slot...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:44 am
where the Lucky Star scanlations are?  

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Planetary Technician 150

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 8:21 am
I Am Mentis
-grins-

Yeah.

Worship The Shinkai...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:42 am
SamuraiHuynh
I Am Mentis
-grins-

Yeah.

Worship The Shinkai...

smile
I'll go and read.

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 4:35 pm
Im about to go check for updates on the site again here soon so how did you guys like Doujin works? X3 I'll post again when I find another new one that everyone might like X3  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:46 pm
Yay, Kenshin and Lucky Star are up there. Kenshin's the only full manga series I've ever read, and Lucky Star is...Well, you know. Seeing that this guild centered around it lol.  

The_Great_Hero

Konata_Izumi_RP
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 3:08 am
well I suggest them all to you then! XD specially Fullmetal alchemist the story is completely different then the anime and in my opinion much better, Mx0 is another one and pretty face is pretty odd but also very good, love hina is full of humor, and vampire knight is just awsome! sadly vampire knight only updates once a month but its ALWAYS worth it XD though I must say my most favorite one is Angel Sanctuary though some people might find it a little...odd... but its also worth it XD check them all out!

all I know is I cant wait till the next updates X3  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 10:26 am
Konata_Izumi_RP
well I suggest them all to you then! XD specially Fullmetal alchemist the story is completely different then the anime and in my opinion much better, Mx0 is another one and pretty face is pretty odd but also very good, love hina is full of humor, and vampire knight is just awsome! sadly vampire knight only updates once a month but its ALWAYS worth it XD though I must say my most favorite one is Angel Sanctuary though some people might find it a little...odd... but its also worth it XD check them all out!

all I know is I cant wait till the next updates X3

I love FMA and Vampire Knight xd  

Miss Mentis

Lazy Egg

41,775 Points

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:05 am
-grins-
You should add in Yotsuba&!

Worship The Shinkai...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:41 am
SamuraiHuynh
-grins-

Worship The Shinkai...
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

This is a definite must! Azuma's best work since Azumanga Daioh (which, I notice, is also not up there).

But, sadly, Lucky Star's Manga is actually pretty bad compared to the Anime, which is a first for most series.

However, I have some suggestions (Ones that absolutely must go up there are in green):

Eureka seveN, Chobits, Negima, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba&!.

Negima has to have one of the best Manga series out there, even if both Anime for this series are not the very best. The Manga sets the bar very high.

And besides, one of my other passion series is only good in Visual Novel form when I am not watching the Anime (Higurashi).

...at least you have influence.

Onicept
Captain

00NINE-1
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:30 am
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
-grins-

Worship The Shinkai...
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

This is a definite must! Azuma's best work since Azumanga Daioh (which, I notice, is also not up there).

But, sadly, Lucky Star's Manga is actually pretty bad compared to the Anime, which is a first for most series.

However, I have some suggestions (Ones that absolutely must go up there are in green):

Eureka seveN, Chobits, Negima, The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Azumanga Daioh, Yotsuba&!.

Negima has to have one of the best Manga series out there, even if both Anime for this series are not the very best. The Manga sets the bar very high.

And besides, one of my other passion series is only good in Visual Novel form when I am not watching the Anime (Higurashi).

-grins-

I agree with Negima since I love harems. Also like to add in the Kodomo no Jikan manga if you can keep an open mind. There is a story behind the loli fanservice.

Worship The Shinkai...

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:37 pm
SamuraiHuynh
Onicept
SamuraiHuynh
-grins-

Worship The Shinkai...
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

-grins-

I agree with Negima since I love harems. Also like to add in the Kodomo no Jikan manga if you can keep an open mind. There is a story behind the loli fanservice.

Worship The Shinkai...
User Image
*Pat pat pat*...

Loli fanservice always has deep inner lying story. Higurashi, Negima and Today in Class 5-2 prove this. Lol.

Onicept
Captain

Harouki-san

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:30 pm
The following list will be in alphabetical order for reference.

And i apologize for insubordination but i laugh at your tiny manga reading list!!

User Image
Title:Übel Blatt
Genres: Action Adventure Fantasy Mature Seinen
Author/Artitst:SHIONO Etorouji
Chapters Scanlated 3 volumes 9 chapters including vol 0
Summary: "When the black sword roars, everything that stands before it is crushed . . . ! What is the purpose of a boy Kaintzel who possesses transcendent sword skills? The battle with the "Lances of Betrayal" that were supposed defeated by the 7 Heroe.... And the astounding truth that is revealed after the battle."
My two bits: The story is very interesting, and not too cliche. The main character is your standard anti-hero who can kick a** but is not invincible(a good thing!!). However this series has some scenes that i can rate PG-16, and its not the violence that i am talking about!! Anyway, if you can handle those kinds of scenes then this will be a nice read.

User Image
Title: Ai Kora (aka Love & Collage)
Genres: Comedy Ecchi Romance School Life Shounen
Author/Artitst: INOUE Kazurou
Chapters Scanlated 6 volumes 52 chapters
Summary: Maeda Hachibei is unlike most guys, who lust after gorgeous girls. This pervert lusts after their discrete parts, instead. When he moves to Tokyo to attend school, he finds himself living in a dormitory with five girls, each of which possesses one of the ideal physical features he desires: gorgeous blue eyes, bullet-train breasts, a deep dulcet voice, straight “anime-esque” legs, or a waistline shaped like fine Japanese pottery. How can he manage to keep his wits when surrounded by these women?
My two bits: One guy moving to a big city and lives in a Girls Dorm? Of course i was gonna read this thing!! And the fact that it is from the guy who created Midori no Hibi (Aka Midori Days (see below)) doesn't hurt either. If your read that manga first you can see a lot of old faces, which usually creeps me out when their personalities are completely different, i'm sure some of you can understand what i mean by that...

User Image
Title:Air(Key)
Genres: Drama Fantasy
Author/Artitst: Key(eroge company)/KATSURA Yukimaru
Chapters Scanlated:2 volumes (completed)
Summary: Yukito Kunisaki is on a journey, seeking a girl with wings who flies in the sky, as mentioned in a childhood tale. During this journey, he settles down in a small town, trying to make some money. There, he meets a strange girl named Misuzu. Misuzu quickly makes Yukito her friend and invites him to stay with her. Yukito decides to stay in the small town, and continue searching for the winged girl his mother had searched for in her life.
My two bits: Not as depressing as the anime was but it was still pretty good. It follows the way KyoAni did the story but left out the omega sad ending inolving the heroine and the hero. However they still kept the part where that one person leaves and becomes a you know what. Sorry trying to get you to read so you can fill in the blanks yourself

User Image
Title:Akumetsu
Genres: Action Adult Seinen
Author/Artitst: Yoshiaki Tabata/Yûki Yogo
Chapters Scanlated 3 volumes and 24 chapters
Summary: Nagasawa Shiina was just your average 3rd year high schooler when her parents' company went bankrupt. In order to pay the bills, her family sells her into prostitution. At her first job, a mysterious masked man crashes the party...and it's someone she knows...
Akumetsu is the story of Hazama Shou, who defends his own view of justice in a vigilante manner while wearing a mask and calling himself Akumetsu.
My two bits: This series is another standard man using his newly gained powers to rid evil from the world. Sounds a lot like Deathnote (see below) and Code Geass (see below) doesn't it? Yeah well this has way more blood and gore than those mangas did. Also there are some very perverted scenes not suitable for a young audience i would give this one a PG-15 rating. Theres enough blood to call this a horror but its not, just some crazy psycho who swings an axe down on some old guy's head. Ah spoiler!! oh well u find that part really soon anyway.

User Image
Title: Angel Densetsu
Genres: Action Comedy Martial Arts Romance School Life Shounen
Author/Artitst:YAGI Norihiro
Chapters Scanlated 14 volumes 76 chapters
Summary: The story is of Kitano Seiichirou, a very kind and pure-hearted young man, with a horrifying, monstrous face. People being what they are, they think he's a terrifying delinquent, and there are plenty of chance misunderstandings (coupled with Kitano's convenient inability to understand what's happening around him) that propel him into the position of "school guardian", a.k.a. head thug on campus.
My two bits: Well i'm sure most of you have heard of the manga/anime claymore right? Well this manga is by the same guy who did that manga. The main character of this manga is the beginning of those Youma we know and love, if you havent seen claymore than go pick that up as well. Anyway Kitano's face is really ugly until about vol 3 so please bear with it. I also do not reccomend reading this at 1 in the morning, seeing his face might cause an unintentional yelp

User Image
Title: Ayu Mayu
Genres: Comedy Ecchi Romance
Author/Artitst:Shiotarou/Suzuno Tetsuji
Chapters Scanlated 1 Volume 1 Chapter
Summary: Yousuke gets separated from his only younger sister when he's a child. after 10 years he gets some clue about his sister's location. being excited to meet his sister he goes to find her, but...
My two bits: Yeah...having only read one chapter i have no idea what to really make of this series, except that i want to read more!!!!! I want to know who is who and what is what, but i have no idea where to find the raws and the only group that is scanning this series seems to have died!!

User Image
Title: Bakuretsu Tenshi
Genres: Action Ecchi
Author/Artitst:GONZO/MURAO Minoru
Chapters Scanlated 1 volume 4 chapters
Summary: Meet Takeru, an ordinary boy who's always bullied because of his lack of self-confidence. What will happen when one day two mysterious girls show up in his room seeking shelter from a group of blood-thirsty thugs?
Discover the changes in Takeru's life after meeting two girls that are definitely more than what meets the eye in Bakuretsu Tenshi.
My two bits: Was a bit interesting at first but then i kinda forgot what it was about. The summary only covers the first chapter and after that just focuses on the two girls leaving Takeru to do who knows what. Naybe he comes back in another chapter, i dunno havent read that far yet.

User Image
Title: Bamboo Blade
Genres: Comedy Martial Arts School Life Sports
Author/Artitst:TOTSUKA Masahiro/IGARASHI Aguri
Chapters Scanlated 3 volumes 26 chapters
Summary: Kojirou is the kendo instructor at Muro'e High School. He is totally broke. He has agreed to send his team to a competition against his senpai's team. If his all female team can win the competition, he will have free meals for a year! But, the problem is that Kojirou seems unable to find five, gifted girls to form the "dream team"--and time is running out...
My two bits: I rarely read sports manga, i mean very rarely. I think i've only read 2 my entire life. However this one is pretty good, probably because its kendo and kendo involve using swords and swords remind me of ninjas and samurai, meh~. Anyway the comedy in this manga is pretty good as is the kendo matches. There is currently an anime of this series and the manga scanlation team is pretty slow so i guess i would be focused on the anime for a while...

User Image
Title: Bitter Virgin
Genres: Drama Josei Mature Romance
Author/Artitst:KUSUNOKI Kei
Chapters Scanlated 2 vols 15 chapters
Summary: Suwa Daisuke is the ladies man of his small town high school, and he has his eye on almost every girl, except for one. Aikawa Hinako isn't his type, but when he overhears a deep dark secret of hers, he finds himself thinking of her more and more.
My two bits: Yeah, okay, before you all go "GASP!! IT HAS THE WORD VIRGIN!! ITS HENTAI!!" IT IS NOT HENTAI!!! I thought so at first when i saw this title but its far from it. This one also gets a PG-15 rating stamp from me but the story is very dramatic. This manga has me scared to read on right now because of one very, for lack of a better word, bitchy and jealous character who seems psychotic as well. I definitely reccomend this for people who like reading dramas, and dont be surprised if you go, "Oh...my...god..." Its that crazy....

User Image
Title: Black Cat
Genres: Action Comedy Shounen
Author/Artitst:YABUKI Kentaro
Chapters Scanlated 20 Volumes 185 chapters
Summary: Train Heartnet, also known as "Black Cat," was an infamous assassin for a secret organization called Chronos...until he abandoned that cold-blooded existence to live on his own terms as an easygoing bounty hunter. But is Train's past as far behind him as he thinks?
My two bits: Well this manga was a good read, very interesting plot and a decent ending. The main character, Train, has your standard shounen protagonist attitude, you know cocky idiot funny outside of battle, and a freakin killer in battle? Well if you dont like killings and blood dont read this, but if you dont mind that and want to have a good laugh then read this. Not much drama or romance(my usual fortes) but this is good anyway.

User Image
Title:Change Guy
Genres: Action Shounen Martial Arts
Author/Artitst:Eun Ho Son/Myung Soo Choi
Chapters Scanlated 29 volumes 308 chapters
Summary: It's nature vs. nurture when a nerd swaps bodies with the toughest guy in school! Tuji and Usoo have swapped...their bodies! After becoming the subjects of a mad scientist's experiment with her latest invention - the quantum teleporter - their bodies are switched, leaving only their minds and spirits intact. Usoo, who was once a model student, must face the life of Tuji, a teenage menace. Never having an enemy in his life, he now has to deal with the handful of Tuji's list, but will his kinder, gentler demeanor ward off his rivals? Or will survival determine his future? Will he become the hardened fighter that matches his new exterior?
My two bits: A manga where two complete opposites switch bodies, nerd to punk and punk to nerd. A very nice read but like your typical SHounen Manga, "its the viewer has no idea what is going on so we shall spend 15 pages explaining each second of the fight!" But its not all about fighting, there is a small romance brewing but its VERY small. Its pretty long too, just like naruto and bleach, but it has none of that pull a move outta my a** crap. Just normal punks going at it. This manga reads left to right.

User Image
Title:Claymore
Genres: Action Horror Shounen Tragedy
Author/Artitst:YAGI Norihiro
Chapters Scanlated 13 volumes 73 chapters
Summary: In a medieval world, villages are being attacked by the youma, demons that can take the appearance of their victim. The only people who can stop them are the Claymore, a group of young women named for the swords they use. They are half-human, half-demons who, mostly unwillingly, became Claymore.

Don't pass this up as "just another action manga" though- through character development and the author's unique style, this manga isn't to be missed.
My two bits: Female warriors always have a place in my otaku reading list, but these ladies aren't flashy and pretty. These ladies are hard core killing machines and aren't afraid to get down, in your face and split your head in two before you can say, "Wha?" There is a lot of violence and blood in this manga but then, thats whats cool right? You wont find any pretty girls here, go somewhere else.

User Image
Title: Devil & Devil
Genres: Action Fantasy Shounen Supernatural
Author/Artitst:MIYOSHI Yuki
Chapters Scanlated 15 volumes
Summary: Above the Earth, there is a continuous battle between angels and devils. One devil in particular, Sword, has it in for a certain angel, Ios. In their 101st fight together, both are severely wounded. Not only that, but their clashing power causes the two to fall to earth. By chance, Sword finds a beaten, unconscious teenage boy nearby, and he is able to take over the human's body to save his own life.
My two bits: This manga got me into the Shounen series. I loved the fight scenes as they were amazingly drawn and there was a lot of action everywhere mixed in with a lot of humorous parts. There are a lot of deaths but they are not of the main characters, kinda pisses me off. This isn't bleach and naruto nor do i want it to be. However this manga deals with god and satan so i do not think it is a good idea for extreme catholics and Christians or any other religion dealing with heaven and hell scenario to read this...just don't okay? Its fully translated so u can read without having to wait.

User Image
Title: Elfien Lied
Genres: Action Drama Ecchi Horror Mature Romance Seinen Supernatural
Author/Artitst:OKAMOTO Lynn
Chapters Scanlated 9 volumes 78 chapters
Summary: The story involves human mutations called "dicloniuses", who grow horns on their heads andpossess telekinetic powers, in the form of invisible "arms" called vectors.
The tendency for violence among dicloniuses varies among characters. Certain scientists contain them in a Facility in cells where they are subject to inhumane experiments to test their abilities or were they await execution for being too dangerous.
An infectious virus is also associated with the mutation. This virus is spred through non-lethal contact with the vectors of a diclonius.
The main non-mutant character in the story is Kouta, who ends up becoming icreasingly involved with these dicloniuses, as they seek refuge from the scientists.
The main diclonius character is Lucy/Nyuu a killer whose alter ego is a hapless, and very cute child whose vocabullary and intelligence is quite limited.
After a large amount of choice occurences the lives of these two characters becomes inexplicably intwined...
My two bits: First i must say this...I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS MANGA!! Yet because i hate it i can't help but look forward and continue reading this series. Death is everywhere in this series and if you don't like major characters dieing, sexual themes, and a lot of blood and gore do not read this manga. It is very depressing and has a lot of twists and turns that drives me nuts. I hate stories where they kill over half off the major characters so dont get too attatched to anyone, they might just die the next chapter. A lot of senseless killing is good since i dunt care for nameless people but...ugh..PG-17 warning on this one...

I'll post some more up later  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 6:07 pm
-grins-
I have to disagree with your bit on Claymore. I found the girls are beautiful. Hot girls kicking a** kick a**.

Worship The Shinkai...

00NINE-1
Crew

Harouki-san

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:32 pm
Yeah well your entitled to your own opinion...i read claymore for the blood and fighting not for the girls ninja

User Image
Title:Evangellion Iron Maiden 2 (A spin-off of Neon Genesis Evangellion)
Genres: Comedy Drama Romance School Life Sci-fi Shoujo
Author/Artitst:HAYASHI Fumino
Chapters Scanlated:5 volumes but all 6 volumes have been translated officially
Summary: Imagine a Neon Genesis Evangelion where choosing the right girl is more important than saving the world! That's the gist of Angelic Days--the hit manga that Eva fans have been waiting for! Based on a popular PC and Playstation 2 game released only in Japan, Angelic Days takes the angst-ridden Eva pilots and sets them in a lighter, brighter world.
My two bits: Yes this kinda freaked me out. Rei actually acts like a high school girl, a normal love sick high school girl. I loved reading this manga even though i cant get the picture of a happy smiling Rei wanting to kiss Shinji outta my head.

User Image
Title:Fairy Tail
Genres: Action Adventure Comedy Fantasy Shounen
Author/Artitst: MASHIMA Hiro
Chapters Scanlated: 60 Chapters
Summary: Welcome to a world filled with magic spells, flying cats, and exhibitionist ice mages! We travel to the land of Fiore, where we stumble upon Fairy Tail; a mage guild with the most outrageous and interesting people you can find. This particular tale begins with a very atypical "boy meets girl". A young lass named Lucy -aspiring to be a member of said guild- and Natsu -a flame mage looking for his foster parent Igneel (who turns out to be a Dragon!)- bump heads in the port town of Harujion...
My two bits: I just randomly grabbed this series off of a manga list and started reading cuz it seemed kinda funny. When i read it it reminded me off one piece so i kept on going. I didn't bother checking the author or any of his other works until i noticed a VERY familiar character, so i went and check and found out that the author also did Rave Master. This has your typical idiot of a protagonist but it has some nice magical fight scenes. Not too deep into character development so far though.

User Image
Title: Fate/Stay Night
Genres: Action Fantasy Romance Shounen Supernatural
Author/Artitst: Type-Moon/NISHIWAKI Datto
Chapters Scanlated: 4 vols 17 chapters
Summary: The main character is Emiya Shirou, who lost his parents in a fire and was adopted by a man who called himself a sorcerer. Admiring his step father, he has been training himself to be a sorcerer. However, he had no talent and he could barely use one type of sorcery. His step father has already passed away, and today he's a sorcerer without any skills or knowledge. He is involved in the War of the Holy Grail when he accidentally summons Saber, who is said to be the strongest servant of all...
Based on "Unlimited Blade Works", the second part of the game.
My two bits: Yeah well, i'm sure most of us watched the anime and were disappointed by the ending...well i was and only read the first 3 chapters of this series. I usually only read the doujins that are made for this series, and only the non-hentai ones. My favorite one so far is Child-Day care. One where Archer takes care of Chibi rin and Sakura.

User Image
Title:Gacha Gacha
Genres: Comedy Ecchi Gender Bender Romance Shounen
Author/Artitst: TAMAKOSHI Hiroyuki
Chapters Scanlated: 15vols 47 chapters
Summary: Hatsushiba Akira, an awkward senior highschool boy, has a strong crush on classmate Sakuraba Yurika. But when he gets close to her he always says or does something stupid.
At the suggestion of his best friend, Kikuchi, Akira enters the GachaGacha machine to play a game, but the machine fritzes out and malfunctions. That night he sneezes while going to bed, and when he wakes up he looks like the female avatar he saw in the GachaX2. He soon learns that sneezing will change him back and forth from his normal self to a female form. As a girl, Akira-chan is able to get close to Sakuraba and become her friend.
There are two stories, "Capsule" and "Secret", so far in the GachaGacha series. This summary is about the 6 volumes of the"Secret" story arc.
My two bits: As said in the summary there are two story arcs. I've only read the second story arc. It has a ton of hilarity and ecchi stuff in it as Akira tries to confess to his love only to be thwarted by his own perverted nature. the series is coming to an end and i hope its gonna be a good one.

User Image
Title:Genshiken
Genres: Comedy Seinen Slice of Life
Author/Artitst: KIO Shimoku
Chapters Scanlated: 8 volumes
Summary: It's the spring of freshman year, and Kanji Sasahara is in a quandary. Should he fulfill his long-cherished dream of joining an otaku club? Saki Kasukabe also faces a dilemma. Can she ever turn her boyfriend, anime fanboy Kousaka, into a normal guy? Kanji triumphs where Saki fails, when both Kanji and Kousaka sign up for Genshiken: The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture.
My two bits: Yes! That's all i can say about this manga. What is better than a manga/anime that deals on the life of manga/anme/game/figurine/cosplay/doujin otakus? Its basically what my life should be but isnt! They're are no groups that are translating this besides the offical Del-rey manga translators and the Group Manga-sketchbook is merely putting the scans up. But the last volume is to come out on 11/30/07

User Image
Title:Gintama
Genres: Action Adventure Comedy Sci-fi Shounen Supernatural
Author/Artitst: HIDEAKI Sorachi
Chapters Scanlated: 6 Volumes 41 chapters as well as chapters 90-97 100 and 103
Summary: The samurai didn't stand a chance. First, the aliens invaded Japan. Next, they took all the jobs. And then they confiscated everyone's swords. So what does a hotheaded former samurai like Sakata "Gin" Gintoki do to make ends meet? Take any odd job that comes his way, even if it means losing his dignity.
My two bits: I had my doubts about this manga when i read it in Shounen Jump at my friend's house. But then i got bored and decided to pick this up. I then found this to be extremely hilarious if not a little bit strange

User Image
Title: Hatsukoi Limited
Genres: Comedy Ecchi Romance School Life Shounen
Author/Artitst: KAWASHITA Mizuki
Chapters Scanlated: 1 Volume 4 chapters
Summary: Being an adolescent girl is just one problem after another. Middle-schooler Arihara Ayumi receives a note from a high-schooler, a very large and intimidating boy, Zaitsu Misao, asking her out. Frightened and intrigued, she doesn't know what to do!
My two bits: A new manga by the guy who did Ichigo 100% and Lilim kiss. It is pretty good but they dont just focus on one couple, they jump around to all of the girls in the series and the guys who like them.

User Image
Title:Hayate no Goutoku aka Hayate the combat Butler
Genres: Action Comedy Romance School Life Shounen
Author/Artitst: HATA Kenjiro
Chapters Scanlated: 6 volumes 61 chapters and the first 3 chapters of vol 7
Summary: Ayasaki Hayate is only 16 years old when he’s abandoned, leaving him to fend for himself against the yakuza, who are after his organs to settle his parents’ massive gambling debt.
Looking for a way to somehow acquire 157 million yen before he is cut up by gangsters, he stumbles upon a rich girl whom he can kidnap and ransom. The only problem: he’s a terrible criminal, and ends up saving her life from other would-be kidnappers and apparently confesses his love for her.
In order to work off his debt, the girl, Nagi (who is convinced that Hayate is in love with her), and her maid Maria (who knows otherwise), allow him to work as a butler at their mansion. Hayate’s tenure as a butler is not easy, however, and is filled with talking tigers, homicidal robots, jealous relatives, and overarchingly, hilarity.
My two bits: At first the manga was very interesting and addictive, but lately the manga scanlating group seems to have staff trouble and i kinda lost a lot of interest due to lack of releases. But i still wanna read this. Hayate, the butler, seems to beable to do anything, but his terrible luck seems to have everything turn against him.

User Image
Title: Kanon
Genres: Comedy Drama Romance Supernatural
Author/Artitst: Key(eroge company)/Petit Morishima
Chapters Scanlated: 2 volumes (completed)
Summary: Changing schools is something Yuuichi is accustomed to, due to his parent's profession, and with their recent venture to Africa, he is returning to his aunt's home after 7 years. The time that has passed since his last visit has faded his memories of the people he knew, and the ties that bonded them to him, including his cousin Nayuki. Slowly those people, coincidently all being girls, find their way back to him. However, time has passed and things have happened in their own lives that sets the tone for the series. Secrets that are coming to surface, and memories that are returning to not only Yuuichi, but to those surrounding him. A very heartwarming tale that touches upon a spectrum of emotions, mystery, and the supernatural.
My two bits: Ah yes, my favorite romance anime and the first anime to ever make me shed tears is a manga. The only thing i don't like about this manga is that they leave out all the other sad things that KyoAni put in their version of the anime, like Mai's and Sayuri's side stories. They didnt even put makoto's awesome disappearing scene, so dont expect to see older miss asahina in here. They also had nayuki follow Yuuichi in all of his adventures with the girls. The ending is the same with...ah...should give that away now should i?

User ImageUser Image
Title: Kanon & Air
Genres: Shoujou
Author/Artitst: Key/IZUMI Rei
Chapters Scanlated:1 volume 3 chapters
Summary: This is a crossover between Kanon and AIR. Each chapter is a separate story of Kanon or AIR, they're just short mini stories that were never seen in the animes.
My two bits: Yes i couldn't believe my eyes when i saw this. The crossover between Key's top selling eroges non hentai of course. I thought my eyes were gonna pop out with all the moe they had in here...Yuzu and Ayu, Yukito and Yuuichi being friends and having fun in the Air storyline setting. A nice change of pace as two who's existences are waverying meet and befriend each other. One who spends an endless winter all alone and one who spends a seemingly never ending summer without friends. This aint no doujin people its official. Special page of the first volume just in case u dont believe me.

~MAIN PAGE~ Lucky☆Star Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff